can someone teach me about shipping tax?

teh_ais

Feb 14, 2007
hello to all sifu sifu here...anyone of here familiar with shipping tax? i am going to stay in japan around 2 years, planning to buy my dream car GTR over there, coz i got one cousion successfully bought one honda back here without tax with student Ap, but only for one unit, i know must the vehicle i bought must stay in japan at least 9 months only can bring back, but does anyone know about the shipping tax? i would like to learn more about that from all sifu sifu here..please...i am going this coming september, last time i had posted about this the problem i know is shipping only, so i purposely post one more time at here hope to get more reponse from the one who more understand about shipping tax to clarify my doubts..tq....

Boink Boink

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Dont think there is something known as shipping tax.

Shipping costs got. Freight sharges, storage, haulage etc etc yes.

I think in your cas you should contact a local export company in japan which will be abl to give you a quote. On that is familiar with shipping cars in this case. They will quote you something like CIF or DDU.

See here for actualy shipping terms. World Class Shipping-Incoterms

Afterwhich, depending on what you choose, you need to provide proof of AP etc etc if not they will ask you to pay or bill you the Govt tax and govt duty as per required by local law. This is where you need your AP.

Once paperwork is cleared and depending on what terms you agree on. you can drive it out or have them drive it our for you.

Please also to ask for insurance. Best to speak to local shipping companies in japan that are familiar with shipping cars.

Hope this helps.

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
What Honda did your cousin bought with tax free?? Everything has tax on it......

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
hello to all sifu sifu here...anyone of here familiar with shipping tax? i am going to stay in japan around 2 years, planning to buy my dream car GTR over there, coz i got one cousion successfully bought one honda back here without tax with student Ap, but only for one unit, i know must the vehicle i bought must stay in japan at least 9 months only can bring back, but does anyone know about the shipping tax? i would like to learn more about that from all sifu sifu here..please...i am going this coming september, last time i had posted about this the problem i know is shipping only, so i purposely post one more time at here hope to get more reponse from the one who more understand about shipping tax to clarify my doubts..tq....
U can try to ask K-Line, MOL or NYK in Japan for the your problem as they are expert in sending cars to Malaysia from Japan..
I suggest that u put ur car inside container coz it will be safer..
Local custom wise, u can find any freight forwarder at malaysia to do it for you...
Must be expert in handling cars..
Good Luck.:_:

teh_ais

Feb 14, 2007
really thank to you all

really thank to you all, but do you all have any website can let me know more about shipping regulation and cost? coz the website which BOINK BOINK provide i already been searched before, i hope to get more choices, beside also want to learn more about importing car. is it student AP works with it? hope 2 get my dream car~~~

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Teh ais, reading is not a good way to understand, in fact, there's no rules and regulation on shipping unless you're shipping harmful chemical....... As long as you have the money, you're already there........ You must fear the duty and tax, not shipping....... Ask local shipping company like NYK for help is better

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Has anybody bought their cars in Langkawi??? heard that you need to keep your car there for a year......
I heard that can not anymore...
But still saw a lot of Labuan plat number car near my place..expecially a Mark X (cant stand to have it...tooo beautiful...)..
Wondering how they can do it..

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005
Has anybody bought their cars in Langkawi??? heard that you need to keep your car there for a year......
Yeah heard about that too. But my version was that you have to keep it there for 3 years.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Pictures showing the 2010 livery of Kimi Raikkonen's Citroen C4 WRC, and the Finn's WRC race-suit, have been released by Red Bull.

In stark contrast to his Ferrari red ensemble of 2009, Raikkonen's new colour scheme is predominantly blue.<!--more-->

His car features an all-blue bonnet, and blue pained...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience