Can GT-R be a daily use car?

Liner

Known Member
May 4, 2005
Not to mention if its parking under a open area, the car is under the scorching heat and many rubber elements will go eventually, bubbles at the dashboard and so on.

I thought that the megal mall basement area near the escalators are pretty ok?
So looks like if a average income earner with no reserved parking and it has to be a daily, the GTR is definately a no go even in standard form huh...

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
i been keeping track of this thread for some time and it leads to no where. :confused:

To be use as daily driven car or not, is really up to each individual. If you can afford to drive it everyday, then by all means do so, if you can't then just drive it during the weekend or as minimal as possible, or and only or just buy it and park it at home for your viewing pleasure only.
I think that's the conclusion... :smokin:. Too bad I don't own a Skyline, else I would drive it everyday. But I do drive my FD almost everyday....

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i been keeping track of this thread for some time and it leads to no where. :confused:

To be use as daily driven car or not, is really up to each individual. If you can afford to drive it everyday, then by all means do so, if you can't then just drive it during the weekend or as minimal as possible, or and only or just buy it and park it at home for your viewing pleasure only.
I think that's the conclusion... :smokin:. Too bad I don't own a Skyline, else I would drive it everyday. But I do drive my FD almost everyday....
Can't agree with you more. This thread has no purpose. Yes the GTR can be daily driven but not by everyone. If you can afford it, great! If you can't, then well life's not fair I guess.

One of my daily drivers is worse than the GTR, no rear seats, purely two seater also, Z33. But I think the FD would be harder to live with :wavey:

nicole_nic

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
www.nic-o-le.blogspot.com
pimpin: oh no.. the Z33 is not meant to be a daily driven car? damn.. i thought of buying it and b my daily driven car :p~ anyways, i still want it.. hehe..

about the GTR as a daily driven car.. hmmm.. russ has been driving it everyday when he's back home for 6 weeks until we 'checked' it into desmond's workshop :) he enjoys driving his car around.. so it just depends on different individuals >.<

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
nicole, daily driven or not, is really up to you... If you can do it, then by all means do it...

pimpin: oh no.. the Z33 is not meant to be a daily driven car? damn.. i thought of buying it and b my daily driven car :p~ anyways, i still want it.. hehe..

about the GTR as a daily driven car.. hmmm.. russ has been driving it everyday when he's back home for 6 weeks until we 'checked' it into desmond's workshop :) he enjoys driving his car around.. so it just depends on different individuals >.<

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004

Its fine if you don't have kids (which I don't neither do I plan to!) and boot space is decent - there are instructions on how to fit more than 1 golf bag inside :rofl:

But careful when you buy one, so so so so so so many dodgy ones out there; mine has the seatbelt tags intact, legit AP, etc. I got a stock '03 and spent about 80k on it so far but driven only 4,000kms since I've owned it :driver:

Sell to you lah, 200k cheap cheap

nicole_nic

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
www.nic-o-le.blogspot.com
wah! with bodykit? i find the amuse bodykit damn niceeeeeeeeeee.. hehe.. btw, the Z is black?? and what mods u have?

ps: can u pm me instead? don't want to hijack this thread with a Z topic :p~

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
wah! with bodykit? i find the amuse bodykit damn niceeeeeeeeeee.. hehe.. btw, the Z is black?? and what mods u have?

One last off topic post and I'm done! :wavey:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004

One last off topic post and I'm done! :wavey:

drMpower

May 1, 2006
I don't own any big and powerful car but I would like to say something.

There's a reason a particular car is kept for weekend use. A GTR, for example, is not practical for KL jams, taking your clients around or going to the minimart. You may think it's all high and mighty to be driving a GTR everyday but soon the novelty will wear off. You will want to have a nice comfortable auto car to drive around town.

The fuel consumption is part of the discussion. What do you expect them to say? The GTR is as fuel efficient as a Myvi? They are trying to tell us non-GTR owners that the fuel consumption is high, that even people who has the money to buy such cars will find it expensive to maintain. It's to discourage some people, who think they have just enough money to cover the monthly installment, from buying a GTR because the fuel and maintenance will starve them.

Got my point?
i think those practicality and fuel consumption are two of the main issues here. driving client in your gtr, i dont think got any problem with that. but again, you may want to find another car to ferry the client. maybe more appropriate.

and also, you mentioned about novelty. good points.

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
It is not mainly on how much the consumption is. First, the Skyline is quite a wide and lengthy car, and I believe most would have huge 18" or 19" wheels, lowered to the shits, twin-plate clutch, loud exhaust etc etc. Imagine getting in and around KL and PJ during peak lunch or office hours, rain, jam and parking would be alot to put up with.

And remember, that is on top of what you are suppose to be concentrating - Work!

I for one would not fancy getting stuck in a jam in a Skyline trying to force my way out and around Malaysian traffic ...

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
It's not pratical if you don't have the $$$$ and vice versa!!!! Done..... I know few that drive their GTRs to work.....

Johnny_9

Known Member
Jul 16, 2005
KL
Question for the not-so rich people - how much headaches do you have servicing and maintaining your R34 GTR skyline - getting and waiting for parts etc.

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
That's why buying is easy, maintaining is harder..... Make sure you're financial healthy to enjoy the ride....

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
whatever it is,all depends on the depth of your pocket i think...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Quick question... what can affect the length and sustainability of the threads for your tires??? I used to use Falken tires for my 14" rims and they always got worn out after 8+ mths. So, this time around I decided to change my tires to Goodyear Ducaro 4 tires, hoping this'll lessen my need to change new tires every 8 mths. I don't race, I don't squeal my tires often, but I do sometimes take corners a lil bit on the fast side. Do you tink it could be cos my Falken tires were "softer"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience