Can E-Manage control MIVEC?

MadCow76

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all sifus,

I am currently running a 4G93P DOHC and is planning to hybrid it with a 4G92 MIVEC in the future.
But with the hassle of locating the required parts individually, I was told to purchase the entire halfcut for the required parts and sell of the rest. That will cost me alot of money and selling off the parts might be difficult or will take a long time.

So my question here is, is it possible to control the MIVEC with an E-Manage but without the MIVEC ECU and alternator?

Or is there another way to go about it?

Thanks in advance for all your input.

Cheers...

Stewart

Known Member
Jul 26, 2005
kl
i have same thing going in my mind too.. and i wanna find out what u're doubt now also.. by using e-manage i think it can be use. but is just when the mivec open that time is just the matter it smooth ornot lo..

7Heaven

7,000 RPM
May 30, 2005
Ipoh/Kelantan
ya all reset back to 25th jan, thoese replies after 25th jan all gone, coz of the update....

MadCow76

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Oh man...and I can't remember all the other replies I got...

Can all those who replied to this post, re post your replies?

Thanks a bunch...cheers...

heavyfoot

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
Yes u can.

WiraLoh

Feb 25, 2006
Wow! Can someone reconmend as well me where to buy/install/tune the emanage? very interested.

MadCow76

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Wow! Can someone reconmend as well me where to buy/install/tune the emanage? very interested.
There are a few places that can go for that. You can try N1 or GT Auto and if not mistaken KSP Power. When I enquired for my car (wira 1.8 DOHC), it cost around RM1900 - 2000 for the wiring, dyno and tuning.

Good luck.

Wajafly

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Shah Alam
I really think we still need the MIVEC ECU. According to Links, they say it will require a relay to make the e-manage able to control the MIVEC "kick in" at certain RPM.

Last time I buy, install and tune my e-manage for my 4G18 in N1 and get only extra 2 whp. Then, I tak puas and go to Links to tune and they did it properly until get additional 10 whp while the AF curves are still good. N1, what the heck? Look down on my 4G18 maybe???

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
sum said if u r running on mmc ecu...u dun need to chg the ecu...juz need to do sum custom wiring...

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
i tihnk gt auto is better in terms of tuning the emanage la
haha...

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
u will need the mivec full wiring harness+sensors to do it properly.. otherwise mivec will not activate.. if u custom the wiring of the 4G93 then u will have problems on activating the low n high rpms for mivec activation.. FC will be affected once this occur..

in the end.. ull be better off with the stock 4g93, coz ull only have a mivec head that doesnt activate properly.. all u have is a taller inferior hybrid engine..

joe_mivec

Known Member
Jun 29, 2005
PENANG
u can bro...even shift light from tachometer u can connect it with relay to activate the mivec/vtec. just u need to tune ur AF properly, coz after mivec/vtec is 'on' ur eng. need more fuel lah....and dont forget to get complete mivec head...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Recently my power steering hose was leaking...

My mechanic dismantle the hose and sent for re-machining a new hose...

Thought my problem was over... but unfortunately not yet...

Another section of the hose leak again, there was a long part, and and a shorter part of the hose.

In between the sections there was I think a pressure valve...

After re-machining the shorter hose, then I thought my problem is solved, but again no!

This time, when the power steering fliud is being...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience