Cams For Mazda B8Turbo

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
hey guys was wondering for mazda B8Turbo is there any cams out there ?? for example JUN,HKS, TOMEI,KELFORD or any other after market cams
for example what is the cam's degrees and what is the lift
and also the price n where to get it from ???

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
hey guys was wondering for mazda B8Turbo is there any cams out there ?? for example JUN,HKS, TOMEI,KELFORD or any other after market cams
for example what is the cam's degrees and what is the lift
and also the price n where to get it from ???
for such an OLD rare and outdated engine, those big companies like JUN,HKS cant be bothered to produce cams for this engine. But Toda do produce it for Mazda Miata and there is one company in Australia produce it. Try googling TIGHE Cams. Or you can drop in Matspeed to regrind your cams then?:)

Before installing cams, look at your engine hardware first before installing. Normally cams come intor play when all your other hardware has been maximised and cam must come to accomodate it.A lot of other factor such as turbo type,valve spring, cam duration, boost level and more to consider when installing cams. Installing cams does not necessary means your car will get faster. Just my 2 cents

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
hmmmm heard a few people using JUN & HKS cams ....
yes i found out TODA still make cams for B8 n found out about the TIGHE CAMS...
was wondering what degrees cams to get n what lift

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
hmmmm heard a few people using JUN & HKS cams ....
yes i found out TODA still make cams for B8 n found out about the TIGHE CAMS...
was wondering what degrees cams to get n what lift

Maybe they ask HKS and JUN to custom made?hahaha...What is your preference of driving then? Track or street? Care to share what is the turbo you using now?

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
my b8 is standard its my cousin b8 he is planning to use it for sepang
now he is using VF8 ...going to upgrade turbo but still not sure what turbo to go for
need a good turbo to match with the cams ...n cams also need to get the correct deg n lift also
a bit pening now

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
my b8 is standard its my cousin b8 he is planning to use it for sepang
now he is using VF8 ...going to upgrade turbo but still not sure what turbo to go for
need a good turbo to match with the cams ...n cams also need to get the correct deg n lift also
a bit pening now
Not to be rude, but with standard turbo and VF8, might as well dont bother to do change the cams hehehe...Unless you have changed to BB GT30 series or equivalent. or with full management standalone system, reworked engine internals and so forth...Read more in internet i believe you can get the answer. i have seen in the web, a standard 210 engine n turbo with management system achieving sub 11-12sec quarter mile.

Want to know more about cam can ask jin...hehehe.. Cheers

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
bro changing the turbo now to either GT30 or GT35...... engine internal done up already waiting to install managment n looking for cams ....all need $$$$$$$

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
bro changing the turbo now to either GT30 or GT35...... engine internal done up already waiting to install managment n looking for cams ....all need $$$$$$$
That sounds more lilke it. Perhaps you can contact Tighe, they can custom made good cams. I have seen some with GT35 turbo using that. The duration u need to ask them, perhaps 272 minimum. Ya all is $$$$ hehehehe...this is only first stage. Dont forget about Drag race tyres, suspension, Tuning cost, clutch and last but not least GEARBOX. heheheh...Good luck then!

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
yah g/b is the main problem after installing the turbo ...the B6T g/b cannot hold more than 400whp it will give way ...the next option is MR2 G/B the cheapest ...to get custom g/b mahal ....
bro any idea how much is micly thomson tyres back in kl ??

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
yah g/b is the main problem after installing the turbo ...the B6T g/b cannot hold more than 400whp it will give way ...the next option is MR2 G/B the cheapest ...to get custom g/b mahal ....
bro any idea how much is micly thomson tyres back in kl ??
i am not sure bro, cause me myself not in kl. I am in Bangkok actually hehehe...Here all the drag maniac using Nitto le...hehehehe...I think maybe cheapest is MR2 gearbox. Else you need to find striaght cut box. My ride is not for drag, but more for track.

In thai they are using Drag Box, only have 2 gear only. Thats why they are all doing high 7's and 8's for quarter mile. And i think B8 engine does not even exist in Bangkok. And for some road car here, their "low" boost is 1.6bar..hehehee...

Last edited:

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
oh ur in thailand ah bro ..... im in australia bro....
yah saw the video of the thai cars its mental la thier car ....2 gears can clock low 7 that is nice ...sepang using 4 speed dog box getting 8 sec ...shall see in 2009 how the malaysian boys do in sepang...bro kl also hard to find b8 halfcut can imagine thailand .....thailand all play evo nissan and toyota only ...where can find b8 there :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
daily driving car 1.6 bar not bad ok la malaysian not so far behind la alot of malaysian now lock their boost at 1.5 bar for daily driving ,,,,,
bro high boost for road car than how high ?? 2.0 bar ??
what monster ur using there bro ??

3rd GearPerformance House

500 RPM
Nov 5, 2008
Rajie dont waste your time la.u in aussy easy can get the regrind cam for what car u need la.go to performance tuning shop,u can ask him la.dont ask people in malaysia la bro..best facility in your place la bro.:wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys!hello! i'm new here! :biggrin:
alittle introduction of myself,20yo,stay in malacca,previously own a Viva with minor performance mods(exhaust,plugs,air filter,shocks) till 1 night i fell asleep and crashed into trees,the whole engine fly out 10 meters away :driver: :banghead: :P i were fine tho just broke my arm and ankle but my car were not :P

so long story short,i'm planing to buy a proton satria with 4g63t VR4 about 12-15k.i'm able to claim about 23k from insurance company,so...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience