Camber alignment on Myvi

deroll

Feb 24, 2014
Selangor
Is the camber on the Myvi adjusted through a horizontal camber bolt threaded through the strut and wheel knuckle?

Does the factory stock camber bolt for the Myvi allow any adjustments? And if it does, how many degrees? I prefer going back to a stock part for more reliability.

If I need to get an aftermarket camber bolt, what is a good quality brand?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Original Myvi does not have a camber bolt and there's no adjustment possible for camber on the rear. So if you're looking for stock don't bother with a camber bolt. If the shop can't adjust your camber back to stock without one, change workshop. You probably have a worn out bushing or belt arm or something if you can't adjust the camber back to 0 with the stock bolts.

Btw, Myvi by default has some negative camber to begin with.

deroll

Feb 24, 2014
Selangor
Original Myvi does not have a camber bolt and there's no adjustment possible for camber on the rear. So if you're looking for stock don't bother with a camber bolt. If the shop can't adjust your camber back to stock without one, change workshop. You probably have a worn out bushing or belt arm or something if you can't adjust the camber back to 0 with the stock bolts.

Btw, Myvi by default has some negative camber to begin with.
Thanks for the reply. The picture in this link shows the stock camber bolt for the front wheels. It doesn't look like it has an offset, and I was wondering how the camber is adjusted on the Myvi.

I'm fixing up a Myvi which looks to have poor camber settings from the tread wear and I am unsure if the camber bolt/nut was replaced. I don't notice any obvious symptoms of worn bushings like more noise and steering issues.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks for the reply. The picture in this link shows the stock camber bolt for the front wheels. It doesn't look like it has an offset, and I was wondering how the camber is adjusted on the Myvi.

I'm fixing up a Myvi which looks to have poor camber settings from the tread wear and I am unsure if the camber bolt/nut was replaced. I don't notice any obvious symptoms of worn bushings like more noise and steering issues.
Stock bolt/nut cannot be used to adjust the camber, that is why it was change to adjustable type.
Poor tyre pattern wear on one tyre or both front tyre?

deroll

Feb 24, 2014
Selangor
Stock bolt/nut cannot be used to adjust the camber, that is why it was change to adjustable type.
Poor tyre pattern wear on one tyre or both front tyre?
Both front tyres, wear on the outer side suggesting excessive positive camber (no wear on the inner side), more wear on the driver's side.

I think a poor quality camber bolt was used and it caused the adjustment to run out. The car might've gone through some potholes and perhaps it needs camber adjustment. What is a good brand of camber bolt/nut to use for a myvi?

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Both front tyres, wear on the outer side suggesting excessive positive camber (no wear on the inner side), more wear on the driver's side.

I think a poor quality camber bolt was used and it caused the adjustment to run out. The car has been through minor collisions and perhaps it needs camber adjustment. What is a good brand of camber bolt/nut to use for a myvi?
I don't think they have a branded camber nut available or maybe I have not seen one yet. The better camber nut if not mistaken have fine thread line.
If both side wear could be your alignment is out. Camber out normally one side will wear, if not then both cambers are out. Best to send in for alignment check to see whether is alignment or camber.
Wear outside shoulder, if alignment is out, then excessive toe in.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Then most know la?
Well, that depends. Experience means done before, but then camber adjustment can come in many forms. Of course the camber screw thing is most common so most will know, but how to adjust, or more important how much to adjust, is a different story.

deroll

Feb 24, 2014
Selangor
I don't think they have a branded camber nut available or maybe I have not seen one yet. The better camber nut if not mistaken have fine thread line.
If both side wear could be your alignment is out. Camber out normally one side will wear, if not then both cambers are out. Best to send in for alignment check to see whether is alignment or camber.
Wear outside shoulder, if alignment is out, then excessive toe in.
A normal spare parts shop showed me a camber bolt which was shiny and had the number 18.8 (or was it 8.8) stamped on it. It had a flimsy sleeve over the shank and didn't look like this one, where the shank is bulged on one side.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Myvi? Don't change to "adjustable" camber bolt. Keep it stock.
Unless you're going to the track and you know what you are doing and you have aftermarket suspension.

A lot of tyre shop like to *con*vince people and say "eh your camber lari, to adjust you must buy this camber bolt".. ++profit. Its a standard modus operandi in 99% of all the tyre shops.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Myvi? Don't change to "adjustable" camber bolt. Keep it stock.
Unless you're going to the track and you know what you are doing and you have aftermarket suspension.

A lot of tyre shop like to *con*vince people and say "eh your camber lari, to adjust you must buy this camber bolt".. ++profit. Its a standard modus operandi in 99% of all the tyre shops.
Very true, unless you know the tyre shop fellows and your camber reading is out by more than 1 degree off normal specs. Anything within can also use alignment to counter....:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Very true, unless you know the tyre shop fellows and your camber reading is out by more than 1 degree off normal specs. Anything within can also use alignment to counter....:driver:
If off by that much, clearly something is causing the issue. Replacing with an "adjustable" camber bolt and nut to fix it is like putting plaster on a gun shot wound.

**This is only for the Myvi. Other cars I don't know

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If off by that much, clearly something is causing the issue. Replacing with an "adjustable" camber bolt and nut to fix it is like putting plaster on a gun shot wound.

**This is only for the Myvi. Other cars I don't know
Oh! Kena BIG lobang can get the camber out a lot, but nowadays hardly can get anyone to remove the suspension and arm to hydraulic press it back....:banghead::banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Cops will only do their jobs if they get money. Look at certain housing areas. There are more patrols in areas where Dato's, VIP's, Minister's, big shots stay. Are the police really doing their jobs? No. Instead of catching the real thieves, they catch illegal immigrants, hassle innocent people, take bribes and the list goes on. Some of the junior officers are now trying to take bribes. One day while I was out with my friends a junior officer asked me to pull over. The junior officer told...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience