CAI thru the Head lamp

pert

May 11, 2005
Damansara
Have anyone here did this? On satria headlamp. Im planning to do it to my car, just want to look garang only.. hehehe.
Of coz with very proper and tidy seal & cut.

D7zul

Feb 24, 2011
is it road legal? u know those JPJ uncle doesn't like new things.. hehe

and also, if u wanna do like that... make sure ur engine doesn't suck rain/water..

water + engine = not good :biggrin:

maybe better if DIY???

on what car did u plan to do that??

:adore:

pert

May 11, 2005
Damansara
maybe better if DIY???

on what car did u plan to do that??

:adore:
yes bro diy, on satria. but i want to do it with the headlamp still can be function. that y need to ask how on to cut and seal to avoid leak if raining will kena the bulb.

i measure edy the headlamp.. can use at small bulb site, so the big bulb still can be on. but afraid if i do it alone will result like tikus repair labu..

well..

first have to make sure u got the right tool..

hand drill with porting bit/dremmel tools to drill hole and bore it according to the size u want...

p/s:probably u can create hole around 2" diameter at max....use pvc pipe from hardware store and spray it black/chrome to hide it....

93na

Mar 9, 2009
bro do it and let me how... interested to join also...

errrr....but if on satria..then the route is blocked by car battery unless u already moved the battery elsewhere.....

if u still want the CAI pipe go around the battery then it directly eliminating the CAI positive flow from oncoming air...

may look cool n nice but the gain wasn't really there... just my opinion :adore:

pert

May 11, 2005
Damansara
^pomen_GTR^ said:
errrr....but if on satria..then the route is blocked by car battery unless u already moved the battery elsewhere.....

if u still want the CAI pipe go around the battery then it directly eliminating the CAI positive flow from oncoming air...

may look cool n nice but the gain wasn't really there... just my opinion :adore:
My air filter is just behind the right head lamp. But im still figuring out how to solve the water issue on rainning day.. Sure my turbine will drowning by the water since it will be straight to the air filter.

Any idea guys?

maybe with some mesh (mosquito net) and water collector bowl at bottom of the mesh for water coming down seems ok for light rain/drizzle...not sure about heavy downpour

aranny2001

Jun 29, 2011
my honda Civic EG9 intake also behind the headlamp... as i see in the engine bay, the radiator and condenser had block all the front grill area, that's why some ppl decided to drill a hole at the side of the front bumper... which im not willing to do that.... Can anyone give suggestion? how can i make the CAI tap infront of the radiator or some place before the radiator and condenser area?? :shakehands:

kumar22mostwanted

Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
CAI not worth it for daily driving cars as you have to take extra extra precaution while driving in the rain because you will be very worried about sucking in water
just my 2 cents:driver:

khoyos

Nov 23, 2003
i did this many years ago. air filter sits directly behind headlamp so i simply removed the whole headlamp, replaced the headlamp with a small spotlight for night driving. car is a weekend car so very rarely kena rain so never an issue about that. noticed that driving during day time, can feel a bit power loss. night time superb!

idnawse

Aug 18, 2005
perak
my honda Civic EG9 intake also behind the headlamp... as i see in the engine bay, the radiator and condenser had block all the front grill area, that's why some ppl decided to drill a hole at the side of the front bumper... which im not willing to do that.... Can anyone give suggestion? how can i make the CAI tap infront of the radiator or some place before the radiator and condenser area?? :shakehands:
like this? promote bumper

if the TS already using projector light like in this picture then surely can remove one light (the high beam) from the set and use that hole for CAI :adore:

I was looking to get my car polished and waxed over the weekend and i was at Parkson at OUG and so at the car park there was this car wash. The guy had a special promo for a 3-step polish for only RM60! I thought it was superb so i agreed and went into the mall to do my groceries. 30mins later when i came back the guy was almost done! I was a bit suprised and asked him if how he did it so fast!! You know what this moron told me??

Apparently he mixed all the 3 steps into a bottle and used...