CAI thru the Head lamp

pert

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
Hi all,
Have anyone here did this? On satria headlamp. Im planning to do it to my car, just want to look garang only.. hehehe.
Of coz with very proper and tidy seal & cut.

Attachments

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
is it road legal? u know those JPJ uncle doesn't like new things.. hehe

and also, if u wanna do like that... make sure ur engine doesn't suck rain/water..

water + engine = not good :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
maybe better if DIY???

on what car did u plan to do that??

:adore:

pert

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
maybe better if DIY???

on what car did u plan to do that??

:adore:
yes bro diy, on satria. but i want to do it with the headlamp still can be function. that y need to ask how on to cut and seal to avoid leak if raining will kena the bulb.

i measure edy the headlamp.. can use at small bulb site, so the big bulb still can be on. but afraid if i do it alone will result like tikus repair labu..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
well..

first have to make sure u got the right tool..

hand drill with porting bit/dremmel tools to drill hole and bore it according to the size u want...

p/s:probably u can create hole around 2" diameter at max....use pvc pipe from hardware store and spray it black/chrome to hide it....

93na

500 RPM
Mar 9, 2009
bro do it and let me how... interested to join also...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
errrr....but if on satria..then the route is blocked by car battery unless u already moved the battery elsewhere.....

if u still want the CAI pipe go around the battery then it directly eliminating the CAI positive flow from oncoming air...

may look cool n nice but the gain wasn't really there... just my opinion :adore:

pert

Known Member
May 11, 2005
Damansara
^pomen_GTR^ said:
errrr....but if on satria..then the route is blocked by car battery unless u already moved the battery elsewhere.....

if u still want the CAI pipe go around the battery then it directly eliminating the CAI positive flow from oncoming air...

may look cool n nice but the gain wasn't really there... just my opinion :adore:
My air filter is just behind the right head lamp. But im still figuring out how to solve the water issue on rainning day.. Sure my turbine will drowning by the water since it will be straight to the air filter.

Any idea guys?

Last edited:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
maybe with some mesh (mosquito net) and water collector bowl at bottom of the mesh for water coming down seems ok for light rain/drizzle...not sure about heavy downpour

aranny2001

Known Member
Jun 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
my honda Civic EG9 intake also behind the headlamp... as i see in the engine bay, the radiator and condenser had block all the front grill area, that's why some ppl decided to drill a hole at the side of the front bumper... which im not willing to do that.... Can anyone give suggestion? how can i make the CAI tap infront of the radiator or some place before the radiator and condenser area?? :shakehands:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
CAI not worth it for daily driving cars as you have to take extra extra precaution while driving in the rain because you will be very worried about sucking in water
just my 2 cents:driver:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i did this many years ago. air filter sits directly behind headlamp so i simply removed the whole headlamp, replaced the headlamp with a small spotlight for night driving. car is a weekend car so very rarely kena rain so never an issue about that. noticed that driving during day time, can feel a bit power loss. night time superb!

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
my honda Civic EG9 intake also behind the headlamp... as i see in the engine bay, the radiator and condenser had block all the front grill area, that's why some ppl decided to drill a hole at the side of the front bumper... which im not willing to do that.... Can anyone give suggestion? how can i make the CAI tap infront of the radiator or some place before the radiator and condenser area?? :shakehands:
like this? promote bumper

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
like this? promote bumper
if the TS already using projector light like in this picture then surely can remove one light (the high beam) from the set and use that hole for CAI :adore:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I was looking to get my car polished and waxed over the weekend and i was at Parkson at OUG and so at the car park there was this car wash. The guy had a special promo for a 3-step polish for only RM60! I thought it was superb so i agreed and went into the mall to do my groceries. 30mins later when i came back the guy was almost done! I was a bit suprised and asked him if how he did it so fast!! You know what this moron told me??

Apparently he mixed all the 3 steps into a bottle and used...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience