cables

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
okay,a lot has been spoken about cables but hey,i tried looking up and only thing i found was cables for sale.....would anyone say something about them??

Planning to get the Chord Company cables for speaker and rca's as i found em reasonably priced,eg Chord Carnival speaker cables....ofcourse there's others such as VDH,QED,AudioQuest etc etc etc....any suggestion for good yet wouldn't say cheap,let's say discounted ones for sale??any links you guys could help me out with??if it help,i got Audio Magic hooked to the subs....and also the length would be helpful as i wouldn't want any wastage....what's the length needed for a 2 way set with amp below seat and if amps end up in the boot....:driver::driver::driver:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
i usually stick to car audio brands like monster, streetwires, lightning and lately audison, bcoz home audio cables tend to pick up noise easily, unless going for really short distances, like from processor to amp, around 6-10 inches, then we have used transparent, audioquest and vdh. also bcoz seldom find home audio rca sold by length, usually all prepacked 1m or more.

however i have many friends successfully using home audio speaker cables in cars, such as vdh, chord, mit, audioquest, kimber, etc...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Changes between cables isn't significant unless you've already optimized your setup and only thing left remaining is your cables. I wouldn't spend too much time fussing about cables if I have the budget to get a good HU or component speaker set.

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
Good day Zenn and Izso....understood what u guys sayin.Okay,then will opt to to cracking my head about them cables.Btw i got hold of these cables,the 2ch and 4ch ones.

Stinger Electronics | Product Details

The speaker wire also something similar,so called Stinger audiophile grade :P
Guess it's sufficient for me...also getting couple of Mundorf caps for each amp and those small headcaps for the head unit...have the rest of the items d,left to install ny...

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
Got em from Woofersetc,you could check their website...the leceh part kena tahan Customs here la...end up paying alot if u know nobody or take few pieces....better go for bundle,which i didn't ofcourse....will pm later!!

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Bro pm me the prices of stinger rca and speaker wires and where u got them from ? Tq
i got mine at CV Audio in damansara utama...

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
went CV Audio Uptown to get a quote by the person in charge wasn't there,so i decided to visit CV Audio Kuchai....was excited when i saw an Eton Crag sub(never had the opportunity to fully utilize my previous unit due to theft),asked about it and next thing u know,the owner of the place was trying to chainsaw my throat!!!rm2k for that friggin sub when i got it for a mere rm750 or rm780(suggested retail price)....said thank you and walked off....haizzzzz

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
went CV Audio Uptown to get a quote by the person in charge wasn't there,so i decided to visit CV Audio Kuchai....was excited when i saw an Eton Crag sub(never had the opportunity to fully utilize my previous unit due to theft),asked about it and next thing u know,the owner of the place was trying to chainsaw my throat!!!rm2k for that friggin sub when i got it for a mere rm750 or rm780(suggested retail price)....said thank you and walked off....haizzzzz
Are you sure it was the same model as your old Eton? The Eton sub retails for around the same amount as the JL W6v2 and I've no idea where you got your sub from for that low price but I'd question the authenticity of the sub!

mughal90

Known Member
Oct 28, 2011
kota kinabalu
Got em from Woofersetc,you could check their website...the leceh part kena tahan Customs here la...end up paying alot if u know nobody or take few pieces....better go for bundle,which i didn't ofcourse....will pm later!!
For cables also have to pay tax ? I thought cables can get through easily :p

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
Are you sure it was the same model as your old Eton? The Eton sub retails for around the same amount as the JL W6v2 and I've no idea where you got your sub from for that low price but I'd question the authenticity of the sub!
Yup,it's the real deal...Howie used it b4 and recommended it but since i couldn't get it anywhere,i went straight to Mormarks Corporation,the distributor...the salesman told me to pick one up at a reputable ICE shop in PJ for that price,so yeah,it was cheap and real...Good stuffs doesn't have to be expensive all the time btw....:driver: btw i just got a JL W6v2 for approx rm1500...some claim dats cheap but for me,still helluva $$$ for a sub.....no offence Izso,nasib baik perhaps...

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

For cables also have to pay tax ? I thought cables can get through easily :p
kena la....ofcourse those guys at woofersetc declared the price quite low(a tad bit too low),so it kinda raised curiosity....these fellas started asking for the invoices,receipts but i kinda kept saying it was in my office mail,couldn't show em here etc etc....finally,they gave in n gave me the nod to walk away with my items...but ofcourse kena pao la...:bawling:

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
If the Eton is that cheap then it's a bargain deal! Those subs are pretty awesome in their own right.

vishnnu

500 RPM
Sep 29, 2008
If the Eton is that cheap then it's a bargain deal! Those subs are pretty awesome in their own right.
the other day i called up the same salesman after 3yrs,he told me to visit another place in Pandan or Sg Besi if i want Eton stuffs again...the Pandan shop has the 10 inch left,going for lebih kurang same price....main road,same row as Public Bank...there's only one ICE shop there...btw since i was looking for 12",i ended up getting the w6.....indeed it was a bargain deal,alas only to be stolen months later :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone :) i'm very confused with this 4g93 engine until everyone gave different opinions and answers that made me even confused :dontknow: . By the way anyone who don't know me, I'm studying in The Otomotif College (TOC) for Dip. in Motorsports Technology. I'm always kindda curious about engines and stuffs. :biggrin: .

OKAY! back to the point, Everyone knows that the 4g92 (1.6L) variant has MIVEC, My question is why do people post and claim that they have a 4g93 (1.8L) MIVEC and...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience