buying used satria neo..help wanted!

friedtapping

Jan 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hye, i'm looking for one too, manual, for spirited driving. i read at neo club that before and after 2008 model had different ECU. but i dont know which one is better. and what is the difference between lite and H-line model? As for spirited driving, i hope my neo would have all wheel disc brake and ABS. My budget max is rm40k

any one care to enlighten me the difference pre and post 2008 difference and H-line and lite difference?
mr bikerz ,
do you have any info yet regarding the 2008 satria neo's differences?

stone84

Jul 3, 2009
sharing my on experiance coz this year i just bought 2nd h-line 06/07 neo i/white color
i saw it at mudah.com n direct nego with owner.what i look for b4 buying this neo;

1.my budget(sure lar this is ur priority too kn?:))
2.neo with good millage,hence low millage will be expensive(universal point of view),mine,@ point where i bought it,clocked around 35k! that is 06/07 registered car bro! owner sgt jarang pakai,terbaekk!
3.stock parts are still good condition! (for me changed the bodykit,extractor n open pod is still worth buying,if major mod like internal engine mod sure ada penyakit sikit2 this one u need to get full history from its owner on your own) n kinda notice car with stock parts is expensive abit than the car with modding parts,this u r point to nego oso.maybe good stock parts will save ur life.
4.test drive! get satisfy.at low speed n a high speed(just dont overlimit,nanti kena saman hehe)
5.compare to at least 3 or more neo on ur watching list as possible.

Mar 7, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hey Bro! We have the same thought! Lol. Im collecting my 2008 h-line auto tomorrow! If i not mistaken, all satria neo have 4 disc brake. Including 1.3. And h-line got EBD also. Not just ABS.

stone84

Jul 3, 2009
if the car 07@08@09 prod,all got dics break cause at this time no introduction on base line yet.then when base line came out,i think only base line 1.3 dont have disc break.

friedtapping

Jan 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hey Bro! We have the same thought! Lol. Im collecting my 2008 h-line auto tomorrow! If i not mistaken, all satria neo have 4 disc brake. Including 1.3. And h-line got EBD also. Not just ABS.
ohh, so jeleous of U! i still searching, n god knows how.
have you inspect/test drive it before? whats it milage bro?

apaitubulan

Known Member
Jan 21, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
loan arrangement, feel free to look for me...i can assist....

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

selayang area, u can test along mrr2 to sg buloh road...quite long stretch but careful cos sometime got road block.
bro,u can arrange for the loan ya?

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
I have a Neo manual '09 and still driving it to work. Had mods done along the way. I had some electrical issues in the beginning which seemed to be a nagging problem for campro engines. The other problems were like the fuel pump issues.
[/IMG]

Attachments

friedtapping

Jan 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
i tot only the water pump got problem.

just sign loan agreement with bank, my satria neo 1.6 (a) will be ready in 1 week time. 2006 model.. really afraid having probs! prev. owner said the car got 0 problems

stone84

Jul 3, 2009
i had that engine light on issue too..so do u replace the fuel pump?the eon foreman also said to me probably caused by fuel pump.but since the new petronas petrol came out ron 95 extra,it just get better,no light on so far.but i kinda have to be alert if that will happen again.huhu

frank118

Known Member
Feb 7, 2009
There will always be problems now or later. Dude, we are dealing with moving parts here. They all have a life span. Its how you maintain them. But fear not, with the Neo, there are loads of aftermarket and compatible parts.

So it wont be that bad.

dany30

Known Member
Aug 22, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
better buy from direct owner.cos all used car cibai.haha.for me engine not important.u better check if the car have accident b4.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Porsche Boxster & Panamera GTS launched in Sepang!

Remember when we wrote about the 2012 Porsche Boxster here? Well, SDAP finally launched the baby Porsche at Sepang yesterday.

There’s a lot of new in the 2012 Boxster – longer wheelbase, wider...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience