Buying a Lancer Evo?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi... dear all sifus out there...
lately i m searching for evo9... and i found this car quite nice in mudah.my
Mitsubishi Evo Lancer (M) - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

anyone know about this car history and is it a good buy?

thanks in adv.
It's been on sale for quite some time already. Actually he also posted the car in the marketplace here. Price a bit high but seems quite heavily modded already so if that's what you're looking for then just check it out.
There's one white MR offered in mudah also around the same price, and many other already offering around 130K.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
so evo9 now is abt RM130- RM138k?
that's the reasonable market price?
Seems so, but again have to check their condition. Around a yr ago, most were trying to sell at around 150-160K but I noticed they're having tough to to sell, so the price keeps dropping. :) There's only one which I know got sold very fast. It was a 2006 silver unit, which was sold within a few weeks at 150K. I know because I went there to check it out myself and I was too late by a week! :(
The car though was indeed in very good condition so no surprise that it got sold fast.

evoFanz

Mar 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi MiNiFans,

why u said so that's not Evo9? anything obvious can differentiate? :)

guys, do u think is worth to buy a car that had changed it original engine to another engin?
example, an evo 8 original engine faulty and lot of problem and change to another evo8 low mileage halfcut?

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Seems so, but again have to check their condition. Around a yr ago, most were trying to sell at around 150-160K but I noticed they're having tough to to sell, so the price keeps dropping. :) There's only one which I know got sold very fast. It was a 2006 silver unit, which was sold within a few weeks at 150K. I know because I went there to check it out myself and I was too late by a week! :(
The car though was indeed in very good condition so no surprise that it got sold fast.
ic...favorite car only can meet and can't demand... is fate.. :P
but at least now u own one that u love... :)

how to differentiate the engine is in good state?
today i saw 1 evo wif my fren ... overall ok, but owner said he chg the ori engine to another low mileage halfcut due to it ori engine lot of problem...

worth to buy a car with a half cut engine? any comment

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi MiNiFans,

guys, do u think is worth to buy a car that had changed it original engine to another engin?
example, an evo 8 original engine faulty and lot of problem and change to another evo8 low mileage halfcut?

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

today i saw 1 evo wif my fren ... overall ok, but owner said he chg the ori engine to another low mileage halfcut due to it ori engine lot of problem...

Well the car I drive now is a compromise between me & the wife since she does not approve me of having a true fast high performance car like the Evo. As for the Evo I saw was in such good condition that even my wife who objected to me having a fast car also liked it! The engine was very smooth/stable and responsive as well, and very stock standard with only air filter and exhaust the only modification, which is the why I liked it. The car was bought from new and still got service book and the mileage was only around 30K plus! No wonder it was sold fast, and just not my luck! :(

Now regarding the engine change, if I were you I won't take it. Because if the ori engine was already problematic, that means it was not well taken care off, or already abused heavily, or wrongly modded/tuned which damaged the engine. In short it reflects how the car was used and maintained. Then the half cut engine itself is another question mark, cause cannot be really sure the history of it.

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi MiNiFans,

Since it wrote year 2004....Evo 9 havent launch,it launch 2005,correct me if Im wrong

For me I dont mind engine changed or not, the most important thing is that the car working well and doesn't gives you lotsa of problems:itsme:....repair and spend your money like no tomorrow,it makes you cry:wavey:

BTW Im hunting for evo too, happy hunting dude....
Where do you view that car you mentioned ? KL?

evoFanz

Mar 10, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Well the car I drive now is a compromise between me & the wife since she does not approve me of having a true fast high performance car like the Evo. As for the Evo I saw was in such good condition that even my wife who objected to me having a fast car also liked it! The engine was very smooth/stable and responsive as well, and very stock standard with only air filter and exhaust the only modification, which is the why I liked it. The car was bought from new and still got service book and the mileage was only around 30K plus! No wonder it was sold fast, and just not my luck! :(

Now regarding the engine change, if I were you I won't take it. Because if the ori engine was already problematic, that means it was not well taken care off, or already abused heavily, or wrongly modded/tuned which damaged the engine. In short it reflects how the car was used and maintained. Then the half cut engine itself is another question mark, cause cannot be really sure the history of it.
6uE5t,
that's true... my situation quite similar to you...
me n my wife saw an evo8... quite nice...
but bcoz a late call to owner... then gone... :(

on engine changed topic...
is very hesitating... some said is ok, some said isn't not...
u got a point that an engine might indicate the problems are there...sigh...
really don't know what decision should make...

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Since it wrote year 2004....Evo 9 havent launch,it launch 2005,correct me if Im wrong

For me I dont mind engine changed or not, the most important thing is that the car working well and doesn't gives you lotsa of problems:itsme:....repair and spend your money like no tomorrow,it makes you cry:wavey:

BTW Im hunting for evo too, happy hunting dude....
Where do you view that car you mentioned ? KL?
MiNiFans...
the link i post it written reg. year is 2005 wo...
not evo 9?

Mitsubishi evo 9 - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my

MiNiFans

Known Member
Aug 3, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
6uE5t,
that's true... my situation quite similar to you...
me n my wife saw an evo8... quite nice...
but bcoz a late call to owner... then gone... :(

on engine changed topic...
is very hesitating... some said is ok, some said isn't not...
u got a point that an engine might indicate the problems are there...sigh...
really don't know what decision should make...

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

MiNiFans...
the link i post it written reg. year is 2005 wo...
not evo 9?

Mitsubishi evo 9 - Cars for sale Selangor - Mudah.my
LOLx I see wrongly...different user on page 38:adore::adore::adore:

A4XRBJ1

Known Member
Jul 27, 2009
www.awest.de
Thanks Green Mivec for pointing to my ad.

Indeed, why buy an Evo X from a dealer, they rip you off anyway (as I found out myself now when I approached dealers if they would like to sell my Evo). You can get a one of a kind Evo X where many members of the MLOC like our president Leslie, Johnny and some of the older, now partly retired members can tell you what kind of an amazing car the green monster is.

The price is way more than reasonable, actually it's lower already than the insured value. I do have the tuning parts available if you want to invest more than that and make it a strong beast again that can beat any Ferrari/Lamborghini at the hands of an experienced driver going up Genting for example (that is ONLY if you turn off all systems and go in Super Sport mode as the system will otherwise limit you in the acceleration out of the small corners that are there - Evo X drivers know what I talk about).

You can PM me for more details and visit/test drive of the car. If you're not sold after this, see a doctor LOL

Cheers mate, waiting for your PM/call,

Andreas

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For anyone embarking on a budget sim rig journey considering using a cheap / spare TV instead of computer monitor, this is what I gathered from my recent sim racing experience, comparing my existing 55″ 1080 TV setup to a computer monitor.

While the expansive TV screen offered immersive visuals, the computer monitor brought forth a sharper focus on details and a faster response...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience