Buying a Bmw 330e

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by KeeSeong, Oct 1, 2019.

1. ixeo

ixeo Senior Member

Power. Yes 330i.
    FC with torque 320d.

but I think 330e is damn cheap compared to those two for the year made. Worth driving for 2 or 3 years before warranty expire then upgrade.

2. ixeo

ixeo Senior Member

Lithium ions in Tesla actually lasts quite well. Nissan Leaf however is abysmal. Li-on is Li-on, brand is irrelevant, the conditioning and battery management especially cooling is what matters. Heat kill batteries along with discharging it to 0%. The 330e has pretty good cooling and it doesn’t drain the battery completely so the cooling strategy is pretty good.

That being said if you drive it like you stole it all the time then 330e doesn’t make sense at all. It makes a lot of sense if you can charge at home and even better if at work. And you don’t commute more than 50km a day (home charging) or double that if at work as well.

Its fuel economy shines when you’re stuck in traffic a lot. Highways then the hybrid doesn’t really help.

The driving sensation is awesome, in sports mode and there’s no turbo lag. But don’t go racing with A45s.

3. Charles

Charles I brake very late....

What car you're driving now? If wan to worry about FC, forget about it. It will be the LEAST of your worries. I alternate between an E90 330i and a 2013 F10 528i.

4. 6UE5t

6UE5t Senior Member

So that's your plan in the next 3 years?

5. koshin

koshin Member

Of course those R32, s2000, A86 are not Evos, Evos are boring *yawn* cars, Ironically I happen to Own an Evo8MR running on Tomei turbo+ link ECU. So believe me i am more than qualify to comment on Evos. and I know RM per HP cost. :biggrin:

alcyon likes this.
  6. leinnz

leinnz Senior Member

Just take it as a pinch of salt. You have an Evo, and you knew better on Evo cars. He mentioned he has a GTR and an AE86. maybe, just maybe he knew his car as well.

7. Mitevo7

Mitevo7 Senior Member

Depends on your modding strategy, 500-600hp is achievable with 40K if all those budgets exclusively spend on ENGINE mods. If talk about drivability after you hit 500-600hp, then you will spent another 20-30k to getting the power transfer to the ground.

And your last comment, is quite baseless and stirring up unnecessary emotions from 6UEST.

Please refrain yourselves to show your superiority by telling us all the rides you have owned or modded. Like i said its baseless.

@6UEST,

Take a step back and take a breath man. No glory in winning internet fights.

8. Mitevo7

Mitevo7 Senior Member

Well said dude. 6UEST was too worked up on his emotions. Must be lack of coffee

9. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

E90 330i

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

Gimme!

10. alcyon

alcyon Active Member

I don't think its a German specific thing, more like paying through the nose for new exclusive technology. I bet for simpler German cars one doesn't have to pay such prices for parts.

#30 alcyon, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    koshin likes this.
  11. Charles

Charles I brake very late....

Eh, you quit FB liao ar?

12. Mitevo7

Mitevo7 Senior Member

Mana enough for you, you owned a 1JZ converted E36 with Holset Turbo for a while le.

13. 6UE5t

6UE5t Senior Member

Well boring or not is subjective. I also can say AE86 is boring and way overrated just because of that initial D movie. Many Supra owners can say rb26 engines are also boring and overrated. Talk is cheap. If boring then why own and built? Nevermind, you orang atas punya costing, different than small potato like me punya costing.

I'm ok dude. He talks like typical orang atas punya habit. I have been noticing from sometime back.

Well I don't drink coffee! Got some other dude also accused me of working at Suzuki in LYN, not sure same or not with this dude here. Weird people nowadays.

14. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

Yeah. Got very disillusioned and distracted. Didn't feel good.

It's a different kind of monster. If I'm honest I like the 335i more. Twin turbo, direct fuel injection and plennnnnnnnnty of powahhh

15. RENESIS VIII

RENESIS VIII Senior Member

Ai yor, don't be like one of those limau fella and gang who join zth just to fire shots at me last time la. Chill and enjoy relaxed chatting in this forum that is getting quieter and quieter as time goes by.

16. Mitevo7

Mitevo7 Senior Member

That's why you lack coffee in your life ! Let me drag you down the path of coffee lol. Let's take it easy, its only between you and your path of modding :) Respect all make and built.

17. Mitevo7

Mitevo7 Senior Member

Modern BMW twinturbo engines, nothing much to complain except for its endless oil leak issue. And ratting sound in the turbos. So far that's why i know from youtubers who owned 335i.

18. Izso

Izso Boooooossst
    Helmet Clan Moderator

My friend has one and he's agreed to give me the car for a few days to drive.

:evil:

19. 6UE5t

6UE5t Senior Member

Well but hybrid is not that new and exclusive anymore. But yes German cars also typically push boundaries of technology, hence more expensive in most aspects. Maybe someday if I'm fortunate enough to own one then I would know more.
    No thanks, don't want to be addicted to coffee, I'll just take tea please! Lol.

20. Mitevo7

Mitevo7 Senior Member

Wow please give a review later ! How it fare against E92 M3.