Budget car care!

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Now now now... recently a lot of people know that how much I been running my words about how good Optimum products are BUT I believe not all of us willing to spend money on something you called a "DAILY MODE OF TRANSPORT". I came across many people I know who, MOST not willing to spend over RM50 for a bottle of wax/sealant. Kinda disappointing but true. Some say just a car or a transport... some say I rather take the money to buy other stuff and just a clean car will do, don't know & don't care what is swirl mark or water spot...reflections...etc.

SO to be really honest here I had been testing a LOCAL sealant product that can be bought over the counter like GIANT, TESCO, CARREFOUR hypermarkets... cost around RM20 for a 500ml spray bottle.

PROS: Can be used on the WHOLE CAR! Including metal at the wiper, all rubber/plastic/glass. Doesn't cloud glass. Can be used in the wheel arches to dress the vinyl underneath. Application is just like a normal spray wax/sealant. Just spray and wipe with microfiber cloth until turns clear. Non abrasive. No waiting/curing time needed.

CONS: DON'T KNOW THE SIDE EFFECT IF USE A PRODUCT THAT CONTAINS SILICONE SEALANT IN A LONG RUN AS PRODUCTS LIKE OPTIMUM CAR WAX/ALIEN WAX DOESN'T CONTAIN SILICONE! Durability should be around 1-2 weeks for daily driver but can be applied weekly since its a budget product.

Conclusion: For those who DOESN'T CARE much about their ride but still wants a clean and shiny car at a budget price DIY style. For those who doesn't not care about the depth of color, gloss or slickness much. PLEASE DO NOT COMPARE WITH PRODUCT PRICED ABOVE RM20!

As usual a budget clay will do for the claying session.

For maintenance, any pH neutral shampoo(READ LABEL & MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T STRIP WAX) from over the counter like GIANT, Tesco, Carrefour will do BUT do note that most of over the counter shampoo LACK LUBRICITY & chances of scratching the paint is higher! Some doesn't even suds much and appears to be washing with water.

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Forgot to add something, since its water based & contains no petroleum distillates it is also better for the user, the vehicle & the environment.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Actual link of the product.

Procrystal Brands (M) Sdn Bhd

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

They also have a multi purpose cleaner which they claim to be SAFE TO USE DIRECTLY ON HUMAN SKIN! But of course, you can't compare with other types of cleaner such as Alien Clean/Optimum Power Clean for example. What do you expect for less than RM20 for a bottle of 500ml ready to use multi purpose cleaner? After all, its all about budget. Actually most of their FORMAHERO line, the price for each product such as Leather Care(non-greasy+contains UVA/UVB blockers), Tyre Shine 4-in-1(water based)...etc is priced @ less than RM20 for a 500ml bottle. What else more to expect?

After browsing through my all bookmarks, I managed to find these that I 1st heard about the sealant way back over a year. At least we can get to see the after pictures!

Honda City (Polish) | Facebook

***Not my friend's shop.

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Very nice and informative article indeed! Thank you for taking the time to test and review products. It benefits many who want the best for their car but do not have the time/budget to test individual products.

By the way, I have saved a copy of this thread and will be posting it to the manager of Formahero and Procrystal to see what they have to say about this. Really do not understand why do people make cheap things and compromise on quality.

Keep the post coming bro!!!

jonlsl

Jun 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I have tried a few local made products and they perform reasonable good for what you pay for. With regards to silicone in products, this has been over amplified by certain quarters trying to instill fear to push products with out silicone. Fear is a great marketing tool which many industries use and for most usage of this technique are pharmaceuticals. Whether your product does or does not contain silicone a paint shop has the proper procedure to solve these problems, these problems only occured well past in history before I was born when silicone were first invented and not know much about and used on cars and painters didn't know how to deal with it, but 50 years on all painters should have learnt by now. If it doesn't its a hopeless paint shop. Silicone is inert and doesn't have the ability to damage a properly painted car in modern paint systems like 2k which is painted and cured properly. All painters these days will know how to prep a car properly before painting to remove all wax and silicone on the car, if they don't the paint shop is a failure.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Wahh...I did't know people still put silicone in their products, I thought that's 'old school' already. Errr....btw....what's a silicone???? Some sort of implant???

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Very nice and informative article indeed! Thank you for taking the time to test and review products. It benefits many who want the best for their car but do not have the time/budget to test individual products.

By the way, I have saved a copy of this thread and will be posting it to the manager of Formahero and Procrystal to see what they have to say about this. Really do not understand why do people make cheap things and compromise on quality.

Keep the post coming bro!!!
Maybe its due to cost of materials used for production. For example, I asked hitachi of Osren once, why didn't he make citrus degreaser, he mentioned it cost a lot($$$) to produce and will cause a price hike. Something like that.

For about RM20 for the FORMAHERO DEEP GLOSS SILICONE SEALANT which you can easily find at most GIANT, TESCO, CARREFOUR & sometimes JUSCO which can easily beat PERMAGLASS POLYMER SEALANT in terms of ease of use. You can't apply PERMAGLASS SEALANT on plastic/rubber & not recommended for glass plus you MUST AVOID DIRECT SUNLIGHT/HOT SURFACE. As for FORMAHERO DEEP GLOSS SILICONE SEALANT, I can apply it to the whole car plus if leave it in the sun and buff later... it claims to boost durability but never bother to try it, I just spray and wipe(lazy). Application speed is the same as most spray waxes/sealant out there. WATER BEADING WISE... quite flat but it still beads! HEY AFTER ALL ITS JUST RM20! Most of the people I know using it instead of those branded ones.

Damn, how come we all Malaysians so cheap skate? Anyway, at least I get some to wash their own ride instead of sending to shop... :rofl:

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Wahh...I did't know people still put silicone in their products, I thought that's 'old school' already. Errr....btw....what's a silicone???? Some sort of implant???
You don't need to look that far... just go to your local hardware store and ask for "SILICONE SEALANT"! & you will get the one for the roof! :rofl:

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Also just to add, with the awards they won, I feel more comfortable in trying their products.

3 brands managed by Procrystal.

FORMAHERO/PROCRYSTAL, MAXZ & SNOWAX.

Last edited:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
i m using these before this.
good value for money...good effect.
but ONR is more simple, faster and save alot of time.dats wat i m looking for...

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
For the washing/drying or waxing/sealing the paint. Can get these tools! Also easily available at hypermarkets or sometimes JUSCO/PARKSON.

Mr Clean Malaysia

I saw many of these CAR PLAN WATER BLADE @ PARKSON! Instead of using silicone wiper blades which I believe most budget owner will normally do, try get these. Chances of scratching is lower. Budget owner doesn't care. Because the ride is already swirled... but of course the vehicle will get dry faster and chances of water spot is lessen.

Just want a VERY CLEAN WHEEL but don't care about whether it cause fine scratches. Then these will do or get MR.CLEAN one. But NO toilet brush! That will do too much! For tires you can use the toilet brush!

For the buckets, can get those from contractors especially those painting buildings/houses. Try get those clean ones. Those MAXLITE 20L tongs. Make sure its washed properly, I think the construction uncle can assist you on that. Just pay him a few bucks to buy drink for his trouble or maybe his worker. You can get more of these buckets & you can use it as a standing stool as well. I saw some worker stand on these while painting. REMEMBER, do not get the buckets from workshop as it could be contaminated with grease. Also make sure the tongs didn't use for cement before. Use common sense when getting FREE stuff.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

i m using these before this.
good value for money...good effect.
but ONR is more simple, faster and save alot of time.dats wat i m looking for...
True... me myself still prefer Optimum products especially their Alien Wax/Optimum Car Wax which I am still currently using BUT......... MOST people I encounter NOT WILLING to spend above RM50 for a bottle of something for the piece of metal they called a TRANSPORT! I been trying to pull most of the people I know & some even own vehicles worth above RM70K(vios,forte,city,swift,fiesta) but ALL refuse to spend it...

I got my tongue stepped on many times! After all the persuasion, the owner will just say... IT IS JUST A MODE OF TRANSPORT.

So if budget... most are willing to have a go. Soon I hope most will wash their vehicles @ home. :love:

Its like you drive a myvi and then slowly move up to higher level like vios...etc.

Some response I get even more shocking. I asked them to buy the budget stuff and with reasonable performance which I tested myself... Some responded to me "SEND TO BANGLA JUST RM10! or sometimes RM8" :banghead:

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

WORST CASE SCENARIO: Some vehicle owners which I also encountered done some sort of nano, glass, ceramic or whatever coating... & after the coating session thinking that its like bullet proof paint... send to those road side car washes again!

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

For interior wise, some use water to clean scared of using chemicals... but you can try this. I have yet to try it myself though.

Its water based. Also easily available @ most hypermarkets.

Even though its UK brand its not really expensive. Almost the same price as FORMAHERO.

Last edited:

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Those who BUDGET DIY @ home wishes to degrease engine, do take a look at this thread.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-detailing-forums/379786-how-to-detail-your-engine-bay-basic.html

This is what fishbonez use for the degreasing part. I saw this product @ GIANT hypermarket once. Its about RM1x something.

BUT please be extra careful when degreasing engine. Newbie budget car owners who aren't sure about degreasing/washing engine. Ask in the thread. Like most multi purpose cleaner or degreasers. DO NOT LET DRY & work in a shade. Always make sure the engine is cool to the touch before proceeding.

For the dressing part, can try to use FORMAHERO DEEP GLOSS SILICONE SEALANT which claims to work on all exterior automotive surfaces.

BTW, some might thought I'm working for Procrystal promoting their products... I ain't working for them BUT just someone who wishes to share with others out there which products I tested for BUDGET category & produce good results. If you want something better then have to use SOMETHING ELSE!

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Have TAR Spots but not willing to send to a professional? This is the solution. Also tested by fishbonezken & myself. But I recommend to hold your breath a little cause the smell is quite strong. Recommended to rewash with pH Neutral Car soap to make sure you have neutralize all the solvents.

Does NOT harm original paint.

PG Tar Remover Cleaner is formulated with a combination of degreaser and specialty solvent to provide a non-messy way to remove tar and spot from your vehicle. It is strong enough to remove stubborn tar stains but mild enough not to affect the vehicle paint.

Price? Around RM1X-RM2x.

Where to get? Easily available at most of your favorite hypermarket. Mainly CARREFOUR carries most of PERMAGLASS products as you can't find their clay @ GIANT.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Any recommendation on shampoo and tyre shine ?

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Any recommendation on shampoo and tyre shine ?
There are a few brands out there which I tested and trust to recommend BUDGET owner into DIY.

After so many visits to the hypermarkets I didn't see anything come close to Procrystal's formula. This car soap seems like have some water softening ability. If you don't trust it get the normal FORMAHERO CAR WASH WILL DO also cheaper by a few ringgits. Price for the SPOT FREE is about RM15 for the 1L bottle but I do recommend drying the old fashion method after the wash, better be safe than sorry later. To use, 2 capfuls to 1/2 pail of water. So their 2 capfuls to about 6 liters of water. BUT it lack lubricity. If you want more than a clean & shiny car then will have to look for something else. Most over the counter products didn't say it won't strip wax so read the labels carefully. pH Neutral doesn't mean it won't strip wax protection.

Just to add, there is NO SLS in all their FORMAHERO line of car soaps. I called them to check last time. Their SNOWAX brand however is a different sorry as they didn't state whether it will strip wax or not. PG PERMAGLASS brand, they say NO SLS & NO PHOSPHATE doesn't mean it doesn't contain salt & won't strip wax.

Tyre shine wise, PREFERABLY WATER BASED ONES! You sacrifice durability but its better for your tyre, the user & also the environment. WAXCO brand I know especially their WET LOOK TYRE SHINE contains some sort of petroleum or solvents or silicone oil to extend durability. I will never want to use it on rubber or recommend any owner to use it either. PLAIN BAD! People's life & also mine!

These are the ones I tested and still using it as my tyre shine.

Why WASTE money buying a few products when you can have one to do the tyre and exterior vinyl/rubber/plastic? Do note that the tyre will have a SATIN finish to it. No HI GLOSS or WET LOOK but it will stay on until the next rain. Also contains UV blockers, Anti-static & Non oily. Do not over apply, a little goes a long way. Spray onto sponge a little and spread on tyre. Your household sponge will do just fine. Chances of tyre slinging is rare. Price is less than RM20 for a 500ml bottle, newer packaging I got is in the black bottle but the formula is the same. The consistency is exactly like 3M Tyre Restorer. Color just about the same. Also have a pleasant floral smell to it.

I'm really not a fan of highly glossy or wet tyres. To me a tyre should look like new and not dressed until so wet until can swim in it. For paint work wet is correct but for tyres to me is a different thing all together. Also they also have tyre life indicator in the 4-in-1 tyre shine. How does it work? Simple put this way, a healthy tire should look black.

Permaglass also have a tyre shine from their TUPPS line called TUPPS TYRE SHINE but it didn't say much on the bottle, it just say water based. Didn't state contains anti static & UV blocking properties & I didn't even bother trying it.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

For interior dressing wise, can consider getting their Leather Care which can also be used on dashboards. Its stated very clearly on their bottle its NON-GREASY, Anti-Static & contains SPF(UVA/UVB) blockers. Its also an stable product without shake but I do recommend to give a little shake before use. Its like like fruity fragrance. Something user friendly to the nose. Can also be used on leather sofas, handbags, shoes...etc. Its also stated very clearly on the bottle itself.

Why get a leather and vinyl products separately when you can get one to get the job done?

PLEASE DO NOT COMPARE THIS PRODUCT TO SOMETHING LIKE OPTIMUM LEATHER PROTECTANT AFTER ALL ITS LESS THAN RM20 FOR 500ML! Easily available @ your favorite hypermarket near you. Its all for the budget DIY owner.

---------- Post added 08-08-2012 at 12:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 08-07-2012 at 11:50 PM ----------

Oh, for the interior dressing application part is pretty straight forward... just spray a spray or two onto a clean soft cloth(preferably microfiber, if not any 100% lint free cotton will work). Not recommended to spray directly onto the surface as you might get onto the glass/tint and requires clean up later. Back to the cloth part, you can actually use a FREE one, this is called BUDGET! Get a decent clean 100% cotton cloth & if can, lint free. Normally these are 100% cotton face towels(not good morning please). These towels are ideal for interior fabric seat/leather seat/vinyl/hard plastic(avoid plastic gauges & any clear plastic). These towels aren't recommend for tinted window cleaning or paint. These 100% cotton towels have a rougher texture compared to microfibers. Sponges also work but might require you to wipe off excess later.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
There are a few brands out there which I tested and trust to recommend BUDGET owner into DIY.

After so many visits to the hypermarkets I didn't see anything come close to Procrystal's formula. This car soap seems like have some water softening ability. If you don't trust it get the normal FORMAHERO CAR WASH WILL DO also cheaper by a few ringgits. Price for the SPOT FREE is about RM15 for the 1L bottle but I do recommend drying the old fashion method after the wash, better be safe than sorry later. To use, 2 capfuls to 1/2 pail of water. So their 2 capfuls to about 6 liters of water. BUT it lack lubricity. If you want more than a clean & shiny car then will have to look for something else. Most over the counter products didn't say it won't strip wax so read the labels carefully. pH Neutral doesn't mean it won't strip wax protection.

Just to add, there is NO SLS in all their FORMAHERO line of car soaps. I called them to check last time. Their SNOWAX brand however is a different sorry as they didn't state whether it will strip wax or not. PG PERMAGLASS brand, they say NO SLS & NO PHOSPHATE doesn't mean it doesn't contain salt & won't strip wax.

Tyre shine wise, PREFERABLY WATER BASED ONES! You sacrifice durability but its better for your tyre, the user & also the environment. WAXCO brand I know especially their WET LOOK TYRE SHINE contains some sort of petroleum or solvents or silicone oil to extend durability. I will never want to use it on rubber or recommend any owner to use it either. PLAIN BAD! People's life & also mine!

These are the ones I tested and still using it as my tyre shine.

Why WASTE money buying a few products when you can have one to do the tyre and exterior vinyl/rubber/plastic? Do note that the tyre will have a SATIN finish to it. No HI GLOSS or WET LOOK but it will stay on until the next rain. Also contains UV blockers, Anti-static & Non oily. Do not over apply, a little goes a long way. Spray onto sponge a little and spread on tyre. Your household sponge will do just fine. Chances of tyre slinging is rare. Price is less than RM20 for a 500ml bottle, newer packaging I got is in the black bottle but the formula is the same. The consistency is exactly like 3M Tyre Restorer. Color just about the same. Also have a pleasant floral smell to it.

I'm really not a fan of highly glossy or wet tyres. To me a tyre should look like new and not dressed until so wet until can swim in it. For paint work wet is correct but for tyres to me is a different thing all together. Also they also have tyre life indicator in the 4-in-1 tyre shine. How does it work? Simple put this way, a healthy tire should look black.

Permaglass also have a tyre shine from their TUPPS line called TUPPS TYRE SHINE but it didn't say much on the bottle, it just say water based. Didn't state contains anti static & UV blocking properties & I didn't even bother trying it.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

For interior dressing wise, can consider getting their Leather Care which can also be used on dashboards. Its stated very clearly on their bottle its NON-GREASY, Anti-Static & contains SPF(UVA/UVB) blockers. Its also an stable product without shake but I do recommend to give a little shake before use. Its like like fruity fragrance. Something user friendly to the nose. Can also be used on leather sofas, handbags, shoes...etc. Its also stated very clearly on the bottle itself.

Why get a leather and vinyl products separately when you can get one to get the job done?

PLEASE DO NOT COMPARE THIS PRODUCT TO SOMETHING LIKE OPTIMUM LEATHER PROTECTANT AFTER ALL ITS LESS THAN RM20 FOR 500ML! Easily available @ your favorite hypermarket near you. Its all for the budget DIY owner.

---------- Post added 08-08-2012 at 12:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 08-07-2012 at 11:50 PM ----------

Oh, for the interior dressing application part is pretty straight forward... just spray a spray or two onto a clean soft cloth(preferably microfiber, if not any 100% lint free cotton will work). Not recommended to spray directly onto the surface as you might get onto the glass/tint and requires clean up later. Back to the cloth part, you can actually use a FREE one, this is called BUDGET! Get a decent clean 100% cotton cloth & if can, lint free. Normally these are 100% cotton face towels(not good morning please). These towels are ideal for interior fabric seat/leather seat/vinyl/hard plastic(avoid plastic gauges & any clear plastic). These towels aren't recommend for tinted window cleaning or paint. These 100% cotton towels have a rougher texture compared to microfibers. Sponges also work but might require you to wipe off excess later.
What is the main different between this cheap product vs brand like meguiars all ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,
my wira just change engine gsr 4g93 turbo.
the engine is vibrating & shaking badly at idle. idling 900rpm steady. above idling no vibrate.
mounting looks good.
also the spark plug should i use heat range 6 or 7 ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience