Bubbling sound after semi-hard driving

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
hee hee. Old yes, but damn reliable car. I use it every day!

I went to this air con place in SS2, there were a few ferraris under repairs as well, so even super cars breakdown! :)

cheers.

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Yeah...... its an old but fun car to drive on a daily basis. Doesn't hurt the pocket too...... but was just wondering if only we could afford a brand new ferrari at saaayyyy..... RM70k?...... hemmmm, wake up boy, wake up! hahahahaha

Anyway, good you've solved your problem, perhaps a permanent fix would be to get yourself a turbo timer.....

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Hi Eddysw20,

I do have a turbo timer :P it is just set at 30 secs initially.

LA53OKD

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
KL
30 secs is usually if youre daily driving in town with minimal boost ... u can check your oil temp gauge as a reference on how much you need to cool it down roughly ... happy motoring mate! =)

Green06

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
Pahang
Has anyone swapped the ori radiator fan with an aftermarket fan? Aftermarket fan are lighter and probably more efficient...... can it operate like the ori 1 as the ori can operate in varable speed.
Thinking of changing out to aftermarket type..
Tq.

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
nope, have not thought of that. are there performance fans out there? :)

worth considering though.

overhaul

Known Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
one of the ex mr2 owner told me,dun easy to modifty the radiator cap (normal is 0.9 bar)
if u change to 1.3 bar,will be leaking. is it true?

khoo198

1,500 RPM
Feb 11, 2009
N9
change to higher pressure radiator cap will leak??:confused: which part will leak?

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Hi Eddysw20,

I am now using 1.5 minutes and still got bubbling sound actually :) Checking all my hoses and water temperature, all seems ok, so i guess, its normal. Next time i go service, i'll ask the mechanic :)

However, leaving it longer, the bubbling sound not so loud, only if i go near the engine bay. Previously, could hear it from the front of the car. Or is this my imagination *shrugs*

overhaul

Known Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi Eddysw20,

I am now using 1.5 minutes and still got bubbling sound actually :) Checking all my hoses and water temperature, all seems ok, so i guess, its normal. Next time i go service, i'll ask the mechanic :)

However, leaving it longer, the bubbling sound not so loud, only if i go near the engine bay. Previously, could hear it from the front of the car. Or is this my imagination *shrugs*
hahaha..dun worry..not only u,mine car also hav tis bubbling sound when i stop the engine.just leave it 10 or 15 min..nomore bubble sound...i thinkla,maybe after a round drive,the car get hungry and bubble sound like our stomach...kokoko

EDDYSW20

Known Member
Oct 16, 2009
Negeri Sembilan
Guys, sorry to say this, but it ain't 'normal' to have bubbling sounds coming from your engine area...... it just isn't..... and changing your cap to a higher value is definetely dangerous, meaning the pipes and all are supposed to take up to 1.3 bars before the valve gives way?!! That can't be right, for those running standard internals. Anyway, if after 1.5 minutes things are still bubbling, you should take a look at the coolant system..... correct water/coolant mixture? enough coolant at all? coolant quality? new standard cap? temperature indication? radiator/hoses clean? lots of things la..... drop by my house and maybe we could have a talk-talk about it...... jom nilai 3!! hehehehe .......

LA53OKD

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
KL
oh ya, is your radiator water clean? when was the last time you bled the radiator? on MR2 you should at least bleed the radiator every 15,000km on average (3 oil changes) cuz it gets really dirty in there

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

4.3 secs / 340ps / 500nm / 3L straight 6 twin scroll single turbo / 8 speed /automatic / RM568K.

Engine
Power is a major highlight of the GR Supra. Default 340ps figure is very decent by most standards, but it feels more than that in reality. It’s not just about the phenomenal acceleration either, but the delivery part of it.

It feels meaty, lag-less, linear, never ending and uncanny at supplying that 500nm worth of torque through the rear tyres, right on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience