Brothers from another Mother - MINI x Lambo Spyder x GT3 RS

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Yes, this is an exclusive shoot, never before done in any part of the world, featuring 2 of the world's recognized supercars and their offsprings from an adulterous affair with a certain Bavarian counterpart. Today we bring you a pair of Verde Ithaca Gallardo x MINI and a pair of Signal Green 911 x MINI. But seriously, do colour shades from a different make and model work on other cars? Most of the time, it never fails to go "I told you so" horribly wrong and only just sometimes, shamelessly, it just seem so right.

'(00) had the Signal Green R53 MINI Cooper S for a couple of years now, that was inspired by none other than Porsche's 997 911 GT3 RS's colour scheme. All this time, I was dying to have a proper shoot with the illusive car that started the craze, and then there was a sighting during JPM's Hill Climb in 2009 but the picture I had was nothing short of disappointing.

When Darkchild announced Project Kermit a couple of months ago, I knew we had to do a special shoot with the big boys. Verde Ithaca was the colour of choice for this 2003 Cooper S. You can't go wrong with the MINI. Just about any colour will go well with the cute little thing.

Green has never looked this refreshing until Lamborghini and Porsche decided to update their classic shade of the colour to compete in the 21st century. Inspired by the lime green colour of the Miura SV in the 1970s dubbed the Verde Miura, Lambo revived the colour throughout the years and ended up in the form of Verde Ithaca that is to be applied to the Murcielagos and Gallardos.

While Lambo's metallic peal lime green is brightest of all, Porsche's latest Signal Green was more mellow and had a darker hue. It may be darker, but the glow it emits at certain conditions and especially under lighting is simply breathtaking.

The MINI RS and Lambomini taking a shot at VW's purest performance cars. Could well give them a run for their money in the city traffic and roundabouts.

Almost a perfect execution of replicating the scheme of their idols.

If the Lambo Spyder and Porker RS had sidekicks, the middle 2 would gladly be them.

When i grow up & When i was younger

Darkchild joey-modded his facelift MINI projector headlights and put on carbon bezels to complete the blacked-out look.

MINI BFF

Photos: Sherman Anion

Attachments

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
MINI really does look good with almost every color.

Someone should start a Project "Lamborghini Arancio Atlas" Mini Cooper S! :)

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
machines gone green, awesome!

wuzzles

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
Green with envy// Nice one Tom & DC...

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Very unique. SOmehow there's an indescribable bond and sweetness in them getting together...

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
i wanna paint my car green oso lah after this and join this green club.. USAF fighter jet green can?

TRDi

Apr 24, 2010
eastern
if i paint my car with this signal green, nice or not?? anyone opinion??

Last edited:

ariel

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2005
hmmm :smokin: ...nice signal green...will paint my Starlet GT with this colour :proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My Kenari back wiper set got stolen when I parked my car just in front of my house. This bastard wiper set also want……. really sick people…All the Kenari drivers please beware, keep your wiper with you all the time.:confused:

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience