Brake upgrade for 1990 SW20

razmrtwo

Mar 10, 2008
Hi all, its been a while since I posted here. Anyway, can u guys recommend me what are the recommended brake upgrade for my 1990 SW20 Turbo. Its originally an NA so the brakes are still stock NA and I wanted to upgrade the brakes. Can I use a bigger brakes from other Toyota models like Supra, Aristo or Celica?

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
A simple plug and play option is the 245hp Turbo brake upgrade. Its fits with out mods and its good enough for daily drive and weekend track attack.

You can retro fir supra/laxus/celica brakes in too but that will require quite a bit more time and money.

razmrtwo

Mar 10, 2008
A simple plug and play option is the 245hp Turbo brake upgrade. Its fits with out mods and its good enough for daily drive and weekend track attack.

You can retro fir supra/laxus/celica brakes in too but that will require quite a bit more time and money.
What is the difference in the sizes of 225hp turbo brakes and the 245bhp turbo brakes? Finding a 245bhp turbo brakes proves to be too difficult since I haven't seen any 245bhp turbo halfcut being bring into Miri, let alone Brunei.. But there are a lots of big brakes from the likes of aristo, chasers, markII though..

fishie

Known Member
Oct 16, 2006
hihi all sifussS.. long time never visit here..
anyway.. interested in upgrading brakes... my ride like having difficulty to stop.. but brake pad still cukup according to the workman.. any suggestion?
some said i should upgrade to 4pot or 6pot disk as well.. true? or those called brembo brake.. true?

Sep 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
What is the difference in the sizes of 225hp turbo brakes and the 245bhp turbo brakes? Finding a 245bhp turbo brakes proves to be too difficult since I haven't seen any 245bhp turbo halfcut being bring into Miri, let alone Brunei.. But there are a lots of big brakes from the likes of aristo, chasers, markII though..
The brakes on the mkII were upgraded from rev1 to rev2, but were the same for NA and turbo. So if you want a bolt-off bolt-on upgrade for a 1990 rev1 car then you can upgrade to the rev2+ brakes. (Hence why the standard alloys went from 14" to 15", to accommodate the larger brakes).

Of course, if you want to adapt another set of calipers to the hubs then the world is your oyster. Just remember the handbrake is cable operated, so some aftermarket calipers will require to to keep the stock rear calipers as well :stupid:

BTW, the rev2 started in December 1991, from chassis number 0059266

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guy's,
how many of you here willing to spent for oversize with sleeves kit? Also to risk it? I happen to have extra engine kosong lying around and having a thought to "build" it. Im looking to oversize it from 79mm to 82mm with darton sleeves kit.

but i've reading that sleeves wasnt easy to install. It required very skillfull mech to do it. Else risk sleeves moves or so on. This question me is it wise to do so? Im going sleeves as i want total reliability. Not to mention gasket

thn...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience