Brake Rotor

wongjjeric

Aug 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yeah man, my fault also coz i didn't do my research........ plus just got the car and damm excited - didn't think twice about it. Nowdays i alwasy check with WH first before anything.
You find ( ah Tat ) at wing hin.....he a nice guy....but price are fixed.....
Cannot negio much.....

tkew

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Hi all, I think is time to change my disc rotor now, anyone interested to have a group buy..I am looking to buy online to shipped in. Have to source and start looking for a reasonable one.
I will get my fren to clear for minimal tax.

ed78

Known Member
Jan 5, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi all, I think is time to change my disc rotor now, anyone interested to have a group buy..I am looking to buy online to shipped in. Have to source and start looking for a reasonable one.
I will get my fren to clear for minimal tax.
you got a friend in customs?

tkew

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
not exactly but someone from the courier company that can help to clear. I can also shipped to Singapore my friends hse.

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
if interested with dba (Disc Brakes Australia) slotted street series rotors, let me know, no worries on the customs whatsoever....the only thing is they might take a while to arrive here....approx. 3mth+-. see my previous posts.
thx

http://www.dba.com.au/street-series

Last edited:

tkew

Known Member
Jun 5, 2006
Re: Brake Rotor & Pad

Save all the trouble gotten the original rotor and a set of Bandix Ultimate.........will put it on this week.

jimmylai3333

Jun 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi G221,

i saw your post of rotor brake as below since last year 2011.

DBA Lexus IS 250 Street Series Slotted Rotors -DBA2726 SL/SR (F) Front set RM1500

DBA Lexus IS 250 Street Series Slotted Rotors - DBA2727 SL/SR (R) Rear set RM1500

I am interested to get front set rotor, may i know are you still selling ?

tq

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
For Project MU try Kelvin:012-3232221
From DBA catalog they supply rotors at minimum thickness ie Front:28mm as opposed to OEM 32mm

Get the correct dimension of your rotors before ordering.

Malcolm

Dec 7, 2003
Shah Alam
Hi all...

Just changed my brake rotors (project mu), brake pads (project mu), brake hoses (pro rs) and replaced brake fluid (endless).

Brake rotors, hoses and pads purchased from Kakimotor sunway, apparently IS250 shares the same rotors as Alphard/Vellfire. 298mm is not mistaken. Wallet damage RM1300 for rotors, RM380 for brake pads, RM 380 for hoses.

Brake fluid and labor done at my regular workshop (Auto Enginuity @ Glenmarie).

Braking is now excellent.

Just to share.

Cheers.

jimmylai3333

Jun 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi malcolm,

I went to toms sunway already upgrade to four port caliper. according to them are using ori GS 300 brake system, but unfortunately the rotor always bend. when i brake that time always shake on my steering.

well....any body got any suggestion ??

some ppl ask me change brembo rotor and use project U brake pad.

need your guys advise

tq

Malcolm

Dec 7, 2003
Shah Alam
Hi Jimmy,

I believe original GS300 brake system should be better than that, after all it's a Lexus/Toyota.

Anyways, for warped brake rotors to my knowledge there is only 2 ways to solve, skim or replace.

If it is beyond the tolerance for skimming, the only option is replacement. For me I would replace it with a good reliable aftermarket part.

I checked with Wing Hin in Jalan Loke Yew and Kakimotor in Sunway before I decided on my brake rotors. The project mu rotors were only around RM200 more than the original parts. I liked the project mu because they were slotted....among other things hahaha...

Just based on my own opinion.

Cheers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Friend,

Anyone know how to do aresol / can spray? This is because, i wanna spray my spoiler follow by my car body color. I'm thinking if i buy a paint from car paint shop and pour in the can and spray my spoiler...and its become a aresol spray...any geniues pr mc gyver out there have any idea.....:hmmmm:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience