Brake failure

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
Sifu, I've changed my rear right hand brake pump about 3 months back and now the problem persists again - no brake fluid (its leaking somewhere somehow):banghead:. Any other possible ideas what the problem could be so I can refer to the foremen to check tomorrow morning?

Thanks guys

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
there are 2 brake pump, master (top) & slave (bottom), i supposed u change the top one. so now the bottom one is leaking.

or when u changed your master pump the last time, did u change the whole thing or just by using the repair kit?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sifu, I've changed my rear right hand brake pump about 3 months back and now the problem persists again - no brake fluid (its leaking somewhere somehow):banghead:. Any other possible ideas what the problem could be so I can refer to the foremen to check tomorrow morning?

Thanks guys
Get the foreman to check. Brake master cylinder and the rear two pumps. You right hand one was changed, maybe the left one giving problem?

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

there are 2 brake pump, master (top) & slave (bottom), i supposed u change the top one. so now the bottom one is leaking.

or when u changed your master pump the last time, did u change the whole thing or just by using the repair kit?
Brake pump master got 2 pumps? or do you mean clutch?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
How old is your car gothculture? Check for leaks at your brake hoses. If you're still on the OEM rubber hoses they will crack and wear out after many years. If you're on steel braided make sure they stay clean cuz dust and rocks will kill it. Either way check for leaks.

If you're really unlucky like me, the oil seal in the caliper might be leaky and that is impossible to replace cuz no one sells this part. Have to change the whole caliper or test different o-rings to see if they will do the trick

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi there.. my gen2 is fitted with front airbags and i wanted to change my steering to those aftermarket ones (without airbag). initially was planning to keep my original steering so when i want to sell off my car i can install back the original steering but my concern is do i need to disconnect / sealed / cut-off any wiring to prevent the airbag from activating before installing aftermarket steering? thanx in advance guys & girls..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience