Brake Dilemma

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Well turns out I'm gonna be needing a new pair of front rotors. Currently have Endless 6pots up front with the 355mm. I had previously asked around for prices maybe a year ago and they were in the RM3k range per pair (before discount). Last night I contacted Speed & Safe Racing (SSR) and apparently the normal retail price is RM5200 per pair due to the strong Yen.

Anyways, the prices don't bother me as much as the fact that everyone can quote me a price but no one has them in stock! Even SSR were out of stock until their next shipment in April although I must mention that Andy of SSR was extremely helpful.

When I was choosing brakes ages ago, I was nearly going to get AP Racing brakes but everyone I spoke to said that replacement parts were either much more expensive or harder to source. Looks like the Endless brakes are no different.

Guys, enlighten me on your braking system upgrades and their respective pros and cons. I don't mind replacing with an entirely different brand (AP, Willwood, Brembo, etc provided minimum 6pot/4pot requirements).

Also, I had lunch at the Hypertune office and the guys said I could pair other rotors with my Endless calipers (pads were changed not long ago). Have you guys tried combining the brands and how was it? I'm not a fan but I guess the car needs to stop somehow.

Thanks in advance!

kaminari

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Taiping
I guess the rarity is not upon brand..it`s upon ur size~heee.I guess the project mu gives btr value for your replacement disc compare Endless almost by half.Endless also discontinue GTR34 rotor disc already,guess it really hard for buyer to find a same brand even for original size.
U can try get the Racing Disc Rotor 355x32 from Project Mu and plug into your Endless bell housing,if tht series from 10bolts.Actually most rotor made from same manufacturer~heee....so it does stopping but matter only is wther blend with your pads

This is some customer feedback that I knw for those brand:

1. AP racing disc easily wear out and cracked especially from cross drilled type.
2. Endless 24 slits stop production since the disc lack of design which lead to crack

cheers

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
AP Racing and Endless Rotor is bloody expensive.

NO experience on Endless 2 Piece rotor but on AP Racing yes
like Tom mention
easy to crack and bloody expensive to replace it

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have had some luck with the rotors largely due to the efforts of Andy from SSR. He was extremely helpful in calling all his resellers and tracked down a full kit which he managed to convince them to separate and sell me the discs. For that, I must commend his efforts and I feel is worth mentioning to all the bros here.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Well guys,

Looks like I spoke to soon. The rotors that were sourced, although same 355mm size did not fit due to a difference in bell housing screws. I've spoken to kaminari and the Project Mu rotors seem like my best option at the moment however I've heard that Endless pads then to make heaps of noise when paired with other than Endless rotors cause mine never made a sound and that surprised some people.

What else should I consider? Thanks bros

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Endless pads does squeak alittle when new and cold, especially when you use higher temperature range. Give it a bit of time and proper bedding it in should be fine.

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Err My Endless Pad for my Endless Caliper and Rotor no Sound

it is endurance spec pad.. so bloody thick :rofl::rofl::rofl:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Err My Endless Pad for my Endless Caliper and Rotor no Sound

it is endurance spec pad.. so bloody thick :rofl::rofl::rofl:
My GTR brakes did not squeak one bit but my STI ones did but I didn't bed in properly (what to do, car stopped in front of me so jam brake lor) :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello All....

after much deliberation, i have decided to paint my car sumwhere in usj1 area. they have all the necessary equipments n enough experience as a painter..... as for the price, not as cheap as i hope it would be but it is based on my request also that they dont use cheap materials.... more or less i wanted mid-range to high-range....

original colour: burgundy by PPG, code p48 a0086
new color: based on same colour code but will bancuh with more black to achieve 40% darker...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience