Bolt on turbo or engine swap? for my RD2.

jdr1786

Known Member
Dec 9, 2008
kuala lumpur
:hmmmm: Guys advice should i take the blue pill or the red pill? bot somebody doing for me for around 5k upto 0.6 bar boost maybe more if i add some other after market parts to it but then add to cost.

While engine swap to evo 6/7 half cut mayb 7 or 8 k plus installation and all? i'm not sure?

ken3182

Known Member
May 9, 2007
hei,

i would not advice you to swap as it will bring more trouble to you if you plan to sell it a couple year later.

as u know, i have swap mine to evo4 engine 2 years ago and i just sold it to get a sedan for my daily usage. During the trade in process, there is a problem where in my garan mention i can't sell my car unless it is swap back to hyundai engine. due to so, i have to waste a few K before i can get the jpj to strip of that thing from my garan.

eventhough is bolt on, it would be great too. 0.6 bar is good enough for a daily ride + fun.
Investment of 5K i think is reasonable.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
dude, never knew there was such thing that u cannot sell unless convert back.. erm just curious whats is the process to remove it? dude so now no more coupe d ar?

ken3182

Known Member
May 9, 2007
Nope, sold edi. Planned to get a different car. I sold the coupe to get a Forte. but this is not a permanent car for me as this will be transferred to my gf. I was hoping to get a skyline or silvia s15 but my other half making noise. so prob no more jap car for me at the moment. maybe getting a bimmer or the old SLK (not SLR) hahaha...

back to the topic, it was a hassle for me to get thru the process as it required $$$$ to get it done. JPJ portal need to removed the details from the system before the change of owner name can be done. i waited for almost 3 weeks and unconfirmed it could be done.

I still stick to my believed that they only want $$$. so i think is not very big prob but still get u a pinch when you pay the amount.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Bolt on turbo 1st..

after the engine blow.. Swap!!!

:biggrin:

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
yea yea.. hmmm gud to know.. thanks man.. hiya sure la gf bising cause still 2 door cars.. hehehe.. time to get an evo or scooby :) can carry family and have burning rubber sessions :)

jdr1786

Known Member
Dec 9, 2008
kuala lumpur
aiyoh so no coupe now ken?! anyways yes evo or scooby nicey not 2 doors & fun hahah...
ok so the bolt on is more advisable yeah i was thinking to it's less hassle good enough only thing mayb if not satisfy wonder 0.5 0.6 is it good to satisfy hunger for more power ofcourse ECU metal gasket will be good too for bot, plus it's slightlt cheaper i think.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

d7zul wah bolt on engine blow than swap!! hahah 17k i better nuy something else in it trade in this car lol.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
since ur going down the bolt on road, tuning is everything... if ur tuning is not right its a recipe for a blown engine.. gud luck with ur bot do update us on ur progress:)

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
the turbo is ok..

juz dont push it hard..

the harder u push, the more chance it will blow..

and as scoupe said, tune it well so u won't get a headache :biggrin:

gudluck :burnout:

APTuning

Known Member
Hi Guy...
From past experience I learned a lot from the Sifu.
In 2004 Hyundai Accent has been appointed as the fastest car on the track Drag Sydney.
Who had been in Zoom magazine as the world's fastest Hyundai Accent.
Why you should change the Hyundai engine to another engine?
It is better to upgrade your engine and learn it the right way.
Tune a Hyundai Accent 1.5L Bolt on turbo, horse power only 180hp just is not satisfying me.
But it is one of the best way to learn about the characteristics of the engine using Engine Management System.
In Australia,has a lot of Hyundai upgrades to the Turbo system and big horsepower numbers
Buy the halfcut and convertible body hyundai, it means you do not learn
Hyundai Box are heavy duty,See how you use it

Relexs and Think is

http://advancedperformancetuning.blogspot.com/2011/05/apt-xtreme-custom-clutch.html

YouTube - Drag - Hyundai Accent makes 9.42 at 142 mph

YouTube - hyundai accent 500hp

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

since ur going down the bolt on road, tuning is everything... if ur tuning is not right its a recipe for a blown engine.. gud luck with ur bot do update us on ur progress:)
What do you say it reminds me of the beginning of 2000 I was learn of tuning,My sifu said
"Make a right way and do not exceed the existing limit" Do not damage the Try and Error

Last edited:

jdr1786

Known Member
Dec 9, 2008
kuala lumpur
now i'm geting confuse :S with all that blow engine option layed.. scary anyways but if only have 0.6 boost & even that i can't use full then what's the point?

Apt hope malaysia tuners was as good ! and the ones that are a bit nicer than average are way expensive than average.

bolt on then i see ahha another thing the intercooler they want to give me is top mount does it makes a differance form a low mount mid-sized i think.

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
well it has its pros and cons.. a top mount well give u better response due to shorter piping, but on the other hand it will tend to heat soak.. i suggest go for a mid size front mount.. something like the vr4 size.. try to have minimum bends.. :)

APTuning

Known Member
well it has its pros and cons.. a top mount well give u better response due to shorter piping, but on the other hand it will tend to heat soak.. i suggest go for a mid size front mount.. something like the vr4 size.. try to have minimum bends.. :)
For the top mount positions are easy to maintain
For faster cycle turbo,reduce manifold pipe for Stock engine.
Smallest size can be fastert air blow from the exzos
The important thing is the brain(EMS) that control the engine for boost and response.:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

now i'm geting confuse :S with all that blow engine option layed.. scary anyways but if only have 0.6 boost & even that i can't use full then what's the point?

Apt hope malaysia tuners was as good ! and the ones that are a bit nicer than average are way expensive than average.

bolt on then i see ahha another thing the intercooler they want to give me is top mount does it makes a differance form a low mount mid-sized i think.
Many tuner in Malaysia who knows how to tuning
You should look and ask
Not all high charge for tuning,may be he can advise you how to make a rite way..:biggrin: