Bolt On Turbo on NA Engine

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Hi All,

Need some advise, I just got a set of K3 VET Turbo kit for my Alza and now got some question that need help before put it inside

1) Is SAFC NEO enough to do the setting since injector will be change to K3vet injector
2) Where will be the best place to get the engine oil for turbine? Can I get it from oil filter side by put in adaptor?
3) My car is Auto where ATF cooler is ready, any advise what is the best boost on stock engine or just remain stock at 0.7bar? with proper setting...
4) Plan not to put hole at bonnet, is it ok that I relocate the IC nearby the fan above GB? or I need to pull a new IC on bumper front, if put outside will it effect the power since the turbine just RHF 4.

Hope that there will be some BOT sifu can help me...

Thanks a lot:confused::confused:

Last edited:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Hi All,

Need some advise, I just got a set of K3 VET Turbo kit for my Alza and now got some question that need help before put it inside

1) Is SAFC NEO enough to do the setting since injector will be change to K3vet injector
2) Where will be the best place to get the engine oil for turbine? Can I get it from oil filter side by put in adaptor?
3) My car is Auto where ATF cooler is ready, any advise what is the best boost on stock engine or just remain stock at 0.7bar? with proper setting...
4) Plan not to put hole at bonnet, is it ok that I relocate the IC nearby the fan above GB? or I need to pull a new IC on bumper front, if put outside will it effect the power since the turbine just RHF 4.

Hope that there will be some BOT sifu can help me...

Thanks a lot:confused::confused:
Hi, here are some of my opinions,

1) Better to use Emanage Ultimate(direct change injector) or Unichip(side feed injector) to control if budget permits. You can set if more precise using the MAP sensor/Turbo module.
2) Erm this one i have to go home check.
3) If stock, best to stay within 0.7-0.8below.. mine @ 0.7bar now.. best to add sequential boost controller to prevent boost spike.. i'm on manual Works boost controller, sometimes will boost spike a bit to 0.9bar..
4) Don't put above the fan.. it'll suck hot air from radiator and blow it to your intercooler.. better to be front mount. Important is the piping have to keep it as short as possible, not too big.. and please don't use those 32" tv size coolers... those are for bigger turbos and bigger cc.. you can use stock GSR intercooler should be sufficient enough.. else boost lag..

I'm no sifu, but after BOT, you have to take care a lot of things in order to make it lasting and protect your engine... and don't over boost.. after all you are on AT GB and stock internals.. know the limits of your engine.. unless you do engine swap together with manual GB..

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Hi, here are some of my opinions,

1) Better to use Emanage Ultimate(direct change injector) or Unichip(side feed injector) to control if budget permits. You can set if more precise using the MAP sensor/Turbo module.
2) Erm this one i have to go home check.
3) If stock, best to stay within 0.7-0.8below.. mine @ 0.7bar now.. best to add sequential boost controller to prevent boost spike.. i'm on manual Works boost controller, sometimes will boost spike a bit to 0.9bar..
4) Don't put above the fan.. it'll suck hot air from radiator and blow it to your intercooler.. better to be front mount. Important is the piping have to keep it as short as possible, not too big.. and please don't use those 32" tv size coolers... those are for bigger turbos and bigger cc.. you can use stock GSR intercooler should be sufficient enough.. else boost lag..

I'm no sifu, but after BOT, you have to take care a lot of things in order to make it lasting and protect your engine... and don't over boost.. after all you are on AT GB and stock internals.. know the limits of your engine.. unless you do engine swap together with manual GB..
Hi L2s,

Thanks for the prompt reply and noted the message, let me know once you check ya...
Actually I got SAFC NEO laying at my old L5 that no use since that car is use by my wife after retire..Ultimate / Unichip a bit out of budget since I BOT it not for racing just to overtake cars only when going back to home town at Singapore... thats why ask around that NEO ok to use or not...
GSR intercooler ya, will try to get Exora CFE intercooler if like this as my friend want to gave me one...
32" tv size a sorry la, i kiasi not kiasu later JPJ saw me pocket blow d...

Anyway really thanks for the help...
Boost spike ya, ok ok.. will change the blow off valve thus put boost controller...

Anyone able to help to gave some of your past experience to me? please....:biggrin:

Last edited:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Hi L2s,

Thanks for the prompt reply and noted the message, let me know once you check ya...
Actually I got SAFC NEO laying at my old L5 that no use since that car is use by my wife after retire..Ultimate / Unichip a bit out of budget since I BOT it not for racing just to overtake cars only when going back to home town at Singapore... thats why ask around that NEO ok to use or not...
GSR intercooler ya, will try to get Exora CFE intercooler if like this as my friend want to gave me one...
32" tv size a sorry la, i kiasi not kiasu later JPJ saw me pocket blow d...

Anyway really thanks for the help...
Boost spike ya, ok ok.. will change the blow off valve thus put boost controller...

Anyone able to help to gave some of your past experience to me? please....:biggrin:
After BOT, you have a few things to also monitor,
1)Oil temp
2)Water Temp
3)AFR
4)Oil Press

For me, i installed oil cooler as well.. change radiator fan, change thermostat, change radiator cap only did not change the radiator, as not enough space.. so use back stock.. water temp when cruising is about 82c.. oil temp same.. I also upgraded fuel pump, fuel rail, extra injector, and custom return fuel line.. this is to make sure the fuel supply is stable enough when you are playing.. Engine oil have to use better ones, or else do frequent oil change.. every 5000km if possible.. use 10-50W or 15-50W.. check engine oil level every week.. regularly..

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
After BOT, you have a few things to also monitor,
1)Oil temp
2)Water Temp
3)AFR
4)Oil Press

For me, i installed oil cooler as well.. change radiator fan, change thermostat, change radiator cap only did not change the radiator, as not enough space.. so use back stock.. water temp when cruising is about 82c.. oil temp same.. I also upgraded fuel pump, fuel rail, extra injector, and custom return fuel line.. this is to make sure the fuel supply is stable enough when you are playing.. Engine oil have to use better ones, or else do frequent oil change.. every 5000km if possible.. use 10-50W or 15-50W.. check engine oil level every week.. regularly..
Well noted boss...:biggrin:
Will prepare Water Temp meter 1st and then boost meter after, meter by meter as need to do it slowly so that wont get bored like playing toy...:nurse:
will source for it once back to Malaysia...:biggrin::driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
BOT without adding thick metal gasket, and can boost 0.7?
My standard turbo boost only 0.6. I remember many Waja BOT with gasket added boost only 0.4.
Maybe off the scene too long nowadays can boost higher...:biggrin:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
BOT without adding thick metal gasket, and can boost 0.7?
My standard turbo boost only 0.6. I remember many Waja BOT with gasket added boost only 0.4.
Maybe off the scene too long nowadays can boost higher...:biggrin:
This one ar.. dont know d.. coz one of my friend did boost 0.7 bar with proper setting using Emanage...
My one unable to confirm since not yet put it...:hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This one ar.. dont know d.. coz one of my friend did boost 0.7 bar with proper setting using Emanage...
My one unable to confirm since not yet put it...:hmmmm:
With adding gasket means not lowering the compression ratio for added boost. Even though can, engine life may shorten even more...:smokin:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
Bro for alza engine i'm not sure of the compression ratio.. for swift 1.5, the engine is low comp setting, unless it's 1.6 and that's high comp setup for stock.. That's why 1.6 swift sport and civic type R only can use Ron 97 above fuel.. as for swift 1.5, it's originally low comp.. so if i were to stick in another thick gasket, it'll make the compression lower and when you are not boosting, the car is like super underpower and not responsive.. you can't be boosting all the way right? So it's useless if you are boosting lower than 0.7~0.8.. unless you want to run high boost eg; 1.0bar above.. that one not only just slip in a metal gasket bro.. your conrod have to change... piston can stand it but conrod break how?? wahahaha... unless you tell me you wanna play high boost.. then it's another game set to play and start with.. :biggrin:

l2s_turbo

1,000 RPM
Oct 23, 2004
ATF cooler is ready as in the few rows on the radiator? Thats is too little cooling bro.
Yes, better to put aftermarket ones.. bigger but again not too big.. in order to protect your GB.. the oil will get heated up very fast if you boost around too often..

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
With adding gasket means not lowering the compression ratio for added boost. Even though can, engine life may shorten even more...:smokin:
Need to double check it with my friend regarding this since he had been BOT since last years with ori internal.

Bro for alza engine i'm not sure of the compression ratio.. for swift 1.5, the engine is low comp setting, unless it's 1.6 and that's high comp setup for stock.. That's why 1.6 swift sport and civic type R only can use Ron 97 above fuel.. as for swift 1.5, it's originally low comp.. so if i were to stick in another thick gasket, it'll make the compression lower and when you are not boosting, the car is like super underpower and not responsive.. you can't be boosting all the way right? So it's useless if you are boosting lower than 0.7~0.8.. unless you want to run high boost eg; 1.0bar above.. that one not only just slip in a metal gasket bro.. your conrod have to change... piston can stand it but conrod break how?? wahahaha... unless you tell me you wanna play high boost.. then it's another game set to play and start with.. :biggrin:
hahaha.. i am not elephant leg taiko, just boost it for overtake cars at highway since the ori engine like tortoise, maybe get use to driving turbo cars for long period...
I dont care whether its boosting 0.3 or 0.8 bar as long as there is some power for me to use then will be good, now sourcing zth to get more info from all the sifu here...
funny things is my car now use Ron 95 better power than Ron 97 :confused: in term of power...:biggrin:

ATF cooler is ready as in the few rows on the radiator? Thats is too little cooling bro.
oh.. sorry ya, not ATF cooler, i am eterna GB oil cooler...

Actually I work at Indonesia and only come back every 3 months for a week, just want some power when fetching family back to home town at Singapore...
My car now near to 5 years already but mileage clock less than 90k..:biggrin:

What I plan is very simple, just plug and play with K3VET turbo kit and injector thus use SAFC Neo to set it only... not plan to do hard core modding since family car and already bored coz owned 3 turbo cars when single, change to family cars coz family not allow high boost cars as the G force scared my wife and baby...

another thing before forgot, where will be the best place to get the oil from engine to turbine ya?:confused:

thanks...

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yah! Swift Sport is like 11.1:1, your 1.5 should be 9.5:1, but you still able to boost 0.7. Mine should be 7.8 only and boost 0.6....:smokin:
Alza I check is 10:1....:driver:

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Yah! Swift Sport is like 11.1:1, your 1.5 should be 9.5:1, but you still able to boost 0.7. Mine should be 7.8 only and boost 0.6....:smokin:
Alza I check is 10:1....:driver:
10:1 ya, i think so heard that Alza compression is quite high but weird things heard from my friend that Alza piston is low compression piston:confused:... some more his load big turbo and extra injector that run more than 150bhp on wheel d with stock internal....

Really need to pay him a visit to ask more but that fellow always not free... thats why ask around will be faster than asking him...:biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
10:1 ya, i think so heard that Alza compression is quite high but weird things heard from my friend that Alza piston is low compression piston:confused:... some more his load big turbo and extra injector that run more than 150bhp on wheel d with stock internal....

Really need to pay him a visit to ask more but that fellow always not free... thats why ask around will be faster than asking him...:biggrin:
But ours not Alza, but his is :driver:....hahaha:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros
I have been browsing volkswagen polo for a while and im very much in love with the car
just a question...any bros here own one ?
mind to share on the maintenance and cost wise?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience