1. Hello! We've made major changes to both the Forums and Marketplace section recently. Please join the discussion and tell us your feedback! Read Here for urgent matters, send an email to forums@zerotohundred.com | Update: User Like count is back | Current Progress: Adding improvments to The Marketplace
    Dismiss Notice

Bolt-On Turbo for 4AGE-20V (Silvertop)

Discussion in 'Forced Induction & Engine Management' started by zn2005, Jul 11, 2006.

1. zn2005

zn2005 15 Year | Platinum

Hi,

I need some suggestion or advice if i want to add on turbo kit for my Silvertop engine (4AGE-20V)!!! Please anybody have x;perience for this engine ... please tell me how much cost and what brand of turbo kit to use and other stuff....thank you.

2. BLaCkHoWLiNG

BLaCkHoWLiNG '(^^)|Most Awesome Member
    Helmet Clan Moderator

perhaps u can try posting in the sub-forum under Toyota

3. lancersr20

lancersr20 Senior Member

Bro,
    Great project!
    Any low end turbine will do,plus Intercooler and some xtra injector and driver.
    If you give me RM5k,I'll do it for you.:regular_smile:

4. 1298

1298 Senior Member

Have seen some 20V turbo cars running around since sometimes ago, I'd say keep it at low boost, says around 6-8psi, if you are only gonna use the stock 20V ECU. The ignition timing is always the problem and you won't want to blow your engine when you are having some fun at the lights.

Turbo size depends on how deep is your pocket but for a normal setup, a TD05 range of turbo should do the job if you are looking for low end torque and early 4AGZE pistons set is the one to go due to the low compression, otherwise fly cut your stock pistons, but that's not always the way it should be...

Intercooler, fuel injectors, higher flow fuel pump, AIC are the things you might want to consider. Over here people are using GZE block with 20V head, more reliable, due to sometimes people just seem to be unable to control their foot on the gas pedal properly, especially when challenged by the car next to you...hahaa.

However, since there are lots of monster cars rolling in town now, I doubt you will satisfy with a simple low boost bolt on setup. Might as well keep the money in your tabung and go for a proper turbo setup later on.

Torque is very addicted, and it's not impossible that you will greed for more.

5. zamiex

zamiex Senior Member

my friend using 4AGze with bolt on turbo, the turbo if not mistaken is from garret a/r 48, im not sure about the setting but the car turbo is lagging. not having pickup power but still can run with standard 4AGZe component,. i think the turbo is to big for the car.. and sum more no extra injector. but its still boost 1 bar.. but no power laa..

6. 1298

1298 Senior Member

Stock 4AGZE internal is proven able to take the abuse if tune properly but running at 1bar boost with completely stock setup will be giving the engine an extreme lean condition, not a surprise for its laggy performance.

The GZE ECU will put the stock 365cc injectors at 100% duty cycle at 12psi of boost...pushing more than that will make the ECU retards the timing due to lean condition, and thus, no power.

7. baby_wolf76

baby_wolf76 5 Year | Silver

I own a toyota and as like you were asking about 4age-20v turbo silvertop...its like they say to you about all that you need to add on...
    Ok...I explain to you wat i have achieve... what i modded..
    My Engines a 4AGE-20v silvertop...TD04 bolt on turbo, 3sgte injectors, 4AGZE gearbox, larger fuel pump, Apexi SAFC to to control fuel and air mixture, sard fuel regulator...
    But this is where i stop...cos i ran out of cash...and also its from trial and error...
    But if you really want to turbo it...i suggest you use 4AGZE forged piston, cos it will be very dangerous to boost higher..also if you really want power...go for toda racing cam..full set...which is around RM5,500.