BMW SR20DET\Convert JAP FORUM HERE!!

ACS3sport

Apr 23, 2006
damn, that is a nice one! anyone seen any E30 with RB25 engine b4? very curious
Hmm... Not yet..!!! But i hav frenz driving e30 with rb20 engine...!!!

Last edited:

jackyhong

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
kl
hi! to all sifo sifo e30 owner,
i am now driving toyota seg svt... planning to sell off my baby and buy an E30 1987/88 two door 320i!
is it a worth? how is the maintainence for this e30 will be? BMW wor, must me very costly is it???? fuel consumption wise?
pls tell me the truth for the above for me to make my decision!
thank you!

LyPaN

Known Member
Nov 22, 2005
hi! to all sifo sifo e30 owner,
i am now driving toyota seg svt... planning to sell off my baby and buy an E30 1987/88 two door 320i!
is it a worth? how is the maintainence for this e30 will be? BMW wor, must me very costly is it???? fuel consumption wise?
pls tell me the truth for the above for me to make my decision!
thank you!
yupp..me 2..

i'm planning to buy e30 2 door for my wife..currently
she's driving 1.7 honda civic..
someone from Perodua want 2 sell RM10K nego..
how is the maintainence..
thanks..

chris_eunos

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Perak
well, just to chip in abit. first of all, starting from year 1984 till 1987 (if im not mistaken), the chassis are more prone to rust however, after year 1988, BMW E30s are made from galvanised steel which are better!

regarding the maintanence, it is just like every car, it is just how you maintained it. The parts for E30 is not expensive given that you find a reliable source and last thing, IF your planning to get a RM10K BMW for example, be sure to prepare another 5k just to make sure the car is running tip top condition.

This is what i have to chip in, if there's anything, can always ask

Thx

Chris

DmC

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
Guys,
Do you all realized that some of the pages in this thread have been missing?

Sudut

Known Member
May 25, 2006
wahhhh DmC u quite interested also in converting to rb eh? yesterday i went to chop shop got lots of rb26 enjin lantai there, why not you just grab one :D

Or you want rb20 also? I got one spare block, but have to find the turbine, intercooler etc etc :)

Btw, you know where to find the e28 m5 front bumper eh? If you got one sell to me cheap cheap price ler

chris_eunos

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Perak
Guys,
Do you all realized that some of the pages in this thread have been missing?
yup, for some reason, lots of post missing..

anyways, does anyone fancy a gathering tmw? BMW E30 and othr bmw also can

jackyhong

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
kl
well, just to chip in abit. first of all, starting from year 1984 till 1987 (if im not mistaken), the chassis are more prone to rust however, after year 1988, BMW E30s are made from galvanised steel which are better!

regarding the maintanence, it is just like every car, it is just how you maintained it. The parts for E30 is not expensive given that you find a reliable source and last thing, IF your planning to get a RM10K BMW for example, be sure to prepare another 5k just to make sure the car is running tip top condition.

This is what i have to chip in, if there's anything, can always ask

Thx

Chris
hi chris_eunos and other sifo sifo...,
i got new owner for my baby toyota seg svt...
5k to repair? what sort of repair? interior or extrerior or engine bay?
this weekend, i am going to view an e30 that said cost around 3.5k. i cant imagine the condition and how much to spend!
is the original bmw engine reliable like toyota engine?

chris_eunos

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Perak
hat a coincidence, i was driving a toyota seg as well, but stock la. From experience, i was a little more difficult to drive the BMW as the pedal is stiffer for some reason. Must go check, but it was WORTH it!!

Regarding the repair, CHASSIS RUST is a big problem for BMW E30, therefore it is advisable to check the car for rust, if it has major rust, forget it. It is preferable to get E30 which are year 1988 and above.

engines are the 2nd headache problem. BMW E30 tend to have overheat problems, therefore try to get all the repair records from the owner. If not, get a brand new engine for it XD

interior wise, dashboard is very very keen of breaking. almost 70% of E30 i;ve seen have cracked dashboard. TO change a good condition dashboard, you need to prepare around RM1k- RM1.3k depend on the seller.

exterior wise, try to look for RUST again as rust is a very very major headache. Look for signs of accident and also the chassis whether the car been through major accident or not.

bmw engine reliability compare to toyota engine? NO WAY! when i got my toyota, i just pump petrol and go! its a workhorse!! The bmw engine need lots of pampering.....guess what, its worth it!!!!

Lastly, that E30 which cost RM3.5k, dont expect the condition to be good, my recommendation would be get a RM10-RM15k BMW E30 which is in tip top condition. If you need any assistance in getting a E30, i have a friend selling his, 1984 320i 2 door.

Chris

jackyhong

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
kl
but u said to get a 1988 and above is good steel! however, the 1984 320i 2 door is how much?

chris_eunos

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Perak
its a suggestion only. Incidently my friend wanna sell(upgrading to E34), so just telling u guys whether want it or not. his asking price is 14k(neg). got hid, sports rims, zender skirtings, momo with boss kit(rare) etc etc. If you guys can find models that are later than 1988, superb!

Last edited:

jo-e34

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
seremban
yup, for some reason, lots of post missing..

anyways, does anyone fancy a gathering tmw? BMW E30 and othr bmw also can
sure boss......please let me know earlier, get some place that is easy to find....:regular_smile: if possible a map please ......and on sat nite....if possible.......:regular_smile:
i have to travel from s'ban.....not very familiar all the roads......:regular_smile:

DmC

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
wahhhh DmC u quite interested also in converting to rb eh? yesterday i went to chop shop got lots of rb26 enjin lantai there, why not you just grab one :D

Or you want rb20 also? I got one spare block, but have to find the turbine, intercooler etc etc :)

Btw, you know where to find the e28 m5 front bumper eh? If you got one sell to me cheap cheap price ler
Sudut,
not converting.. Just checking out this thread.. Sounded pretty interesting..
Would love to see some BMW with RB engines.. That would be nice..
I'm planning to just redo my car back.. Going to change to manual gearbox somewhere next week.. & Next month going to rewrap my seats & door cards.. Slowly la.. Hows your car? Heard with the new spoiler it looked much better rite?

About the M5 bumper. I think you just need the front skirt & wheel arches to complete your car look as e28 M5. Thats all. You can get it at the Subang bodykit shop.. Let me know when u are free.. Next weekend would be a good idea.. Just give me a call/sms.. Also, I can tumpang you to the bodykit shop..:regular_smile:

Cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I just installed a Autogauge water temp gauge on my Iswara to replace the old 1(die already)...

then after some normal driving... i found that the needle is pointing between 90c n 100c...

is this optimum temprerature?

i scared wait rev some more my engine has to "enter factory"..

thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience