BMW: Does a new car need to be corrected prior coating?

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Today, I bring you a car that has its acronym associated with so many names that it is impossible to list out all of it so I will list out what I have in my memory now:

- Brings Me Women
- Banish My Workers
- Bullied My Way
- Bought Me Wishes

The car was acquired by the owner roughly 1 and half week back. Has not been sent for detailing nor a polish job before (as far as owner knows). Being a proud owner of this mean machine, he wants only the best protection for his lovely ride. Owner is a family man whom spends time with his family over the weekend and like me, washing the car is a passion. He washes all 3 of his car himself. Not allowing the maid to do it.

I can ramble on and on about this as I had the opportunity to chat with the owner over nasi lemak and a home made awesome sandwich. Good host indeed. He made sure my stomach was filled and my thirst is quench above all else.

So on with the car. Upon arrival, I instantly jump at giving the car a wash with Osren Bubble & Wax.

From a slightly different view so you can see the nice 328i badge.

Side view shows that it is nice and glossy enough already......

The front bonnet seems OK and no problems.......

The passenger side also looks OK and no problems......

Or IS IT!!!!!!

Glue marks all over the place.

On the door handles, on the door panels, on the rear bumper..... its everywhere.... surprises me is that they shouldn't even blame the tinting people as the tinting is done by themselves. If I was the sales person, it would not clear my conscience to deliver a car to my customer in that state.

A nice long scratch along the bodywork which will be corrected.

Then my biggest nightmare came true..........

Polish/Wax residue on part of the bonnet..... a very obvious part of the bonnet smack rite in the middle.

And I quickly took my halogen lamp out.......to reveal

HOLOGRAM HEAVEN........

Forget the hologram for now...... i continue with my cleaning expedition.

Rims were cleaned with OPC 1:3 and then with IronX. You can see plenty of reaction to IronX by focusing on the purple flowing liquid.

Clean rims..... but how clean?

Clean till the inside is awesomely pawsomely cleaned!!!!

Clean rims.... but at what cost? Owner's wife was actually very surprised that a clean rim could shine like this that she thought I have already coated the rims when I had yet to do so.

Cost.... me some blood. My finger got cut by the metal shield behind the disc. It was as sharp as a knife.

Engine bay was given a quick wipe down with one of my old micro fibers. Just an ultra quick one that lasted only 5 minutes or so. Was admiring at the heart of this beast.

Now we come back to the hologram heaven.... truly like a single color aurora in the north pole.... only thing is that this is annoying.

Half corrected. Can still see the hologram on the top part of the bonnet whereas the bottom part has been corrected.

Fully corrected hood. Luckily the hologram is only present at the middle portion of the hood and not the entire car.

It is a bit hard to see so I circled it RED. Even the owner did not realize it until I let him know. Hard to notice and even harder to capture on camera as it is only visible at certain angle. This is what severe hologram can do to your paint clarity.

After correction. Car was moved as it drizzled earlier before this shot was taken. But you can clearly see that there is no longer a difference in color and reflection after the correction.

This is the weather for that day.... ultra cloudy but nice day to be out in the open. I was actually having a flu but being outside and doing the things I love, I did not even once felt sick..... until I got home.

Oh yeah, the shot up there is actually cropped from this photo.... try to see if you can find which part of the photo it was cropped from. This is after the car was already done coated.

Coated sides....

Coated rims....

Coated passenger side and skirts

Final shot of the BMW before I had to go.

Time Spend: 7am - 2+pm = 7 hours plus?
Product used: Osren Bubble&Wax, Optimum Power Clean 1:5 and 1:3, Osren Perfect Cut + LC Black Pad + Ultramate DA combo. Optimum Coating 2.0, Optimum Opti Seal, IronX and etc that I could not remember at the moment.
Satisfaction Level: Owner was impressed

Note:
- IronX manufacturer seriously need to do something bout their so called "Cherry Scented" product. The smell is so strong that it even entered the kitchen..... RIGHT AT THE BACK OF THE HOUSE.
- If car sales person wants to make the car shine shine for the owner, please at least have the decency to engage a proper detailer instead of those whacko polish dude and wax boys operating at the road side. It is an embarrassment to the branding and to your own image to deliver such quality to a paying customer.
- I am currently throwing out my tantrum like a small kid.
- Back to proper noting on this detailing journey, Osren does sell pretty good spray bottles. I am loving it.
- BMW should look into their metal shield at the back of the disc brakes. It is too sharp. I have cleaned plenty of wheels and touched plenty of metal shield but by far, BMW is the only one that drew blood.
- Car manufacturers should look into using different glue for their "QC PASSED" stickers. Its a real pain to remove them without marring the paint.

Please do leave your comments (good, bad, gibberish, rambling or etc) as it is much appreciated.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
All I can say is, please guide me through and also my car is all yours to restore with your expertise :top: :adore: :adore: :adore:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Lookie what the owner sent to me today

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
why the sales advisor deliver the car in such condition with glue n so...its a pre reg or brand new car? which outlet?

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
EvolutionZ: From what I understand, it is a new car. Did not query the owner further on which branch or sales person as that would be way out of my league as a detailer.

vr2turbo: apa seafood seafood. Next time we DIT on SP's kawan punya kereta, u belanja me seafood ya.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
EvolutionZ: From what I understand, it is a new car. Did not query the owner further on which branch or sales person as that would be way out of my league as a detailer.

vr2turbo: apa seafood seafood. Next time we DIT on SP's kawan punya kereta, u belanja me seafood ya.
Wah! new BMW delivered in that state? I was with two of my managers at BMW Pre own cars, and those cars in the showroom were in tip top condition. I even went down to their storage area (One of my manager knows one of the sales adviser very well) and I saw a team cleaning and detailing the cars.....

You mean bro. SF kawan...heh! heh! Fishball noodle can consider as seafood?:hmmmm:.....:rofl:

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
From what I understand from the owner, this is indeed a new car.

fishball noodle also can consider as seafood......... nvm, makan jugak. Rezeki jangan ditolak.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Wah! new BMW delivered in that state? I was with two of my managers at BMW Pre own cars, and those cars in the showroom were in tip top condition. I even went down to their storage area (One of my manager knows one of the sales adviser very well) and I saw a team cleaning and detailing the cars.....

You mean bro. SF kawan...heh! heh! Fishball noodle can consider as seafood?:hmmmm:.....:rofl:
Maybe when the car arrive at the showroom where the buyer dealt with, it was still new? Perhaps when the sales person thought it is good to give the car a touch up job then only deliver to the buyer actually ruined the car? :hmmmm:

Btw, DarkAccoon, I belanja you better seafood. Lala soup noodles :rofl: you want apa mee also can. Please guide me when DIT haha

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I ask her before, I think she is okay for DIT haha! :rofl: I still have to bring her cuz her car is manual. :rofl:
Just have to love girls who drive manual...:biggrin:

I'll bring along a scissors during DIT. Whoever goes naughty gonna get potong...:rofl:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
From what I understand from the owner, this is indeed a new car.

fishball noodle also can consider as seafood......... nvm, makan jugak. Rezeki jangan ditolak.
If got the info , at least we know which outlet to stay away when purchasing bimmer

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So what do we do if we receive a car with such condition and yet we bought it new? Possible to return the car and request for another
one if not satisfied when received the car?

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
If got the info , at least we know which outlet to stay away when purchasing bimmer
So what do we do if we receive a car with such condition and yet we bought it new? Possible to return the car and request for another
one if not satisfied when received the car?
Instead of outlet, I think its more towards individual sales advisor. Perhaps a good precaution would be to make it stern to the SA not to send it for any courtesy wash/polish/wax.

If you do receive the car in such condition.... you may go back to the SA and see if he is willing to compensate for a proper polishing job. I honestly doubt they will exchange a car for you.

My advice to all new car buyers, take your car in the afternoon when the sun is blaring outdoor.

This would be a bit uncomfortable due to the heat but at least you get to view all defects if any and make the SA acknowledge on the spot to get them fixed.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe when the car arrive at the showroom where the buyer dealt with, it was still new? Perhaps when the sales person thought it is good to give the car a touch up job then only deliver to the buyer actually ruined the car? :hmmmm:

Btw, DarkAccoon, I belanja you better seafood. Lala soup noodles :rofl: you want apa mee also can. Please guide me when DIT haha
Happen to my friend before. His wife's black Innova about 6 month's old was actually still in quite good condition. There was a detailer shop behind where his mother stays and they kept pestering him to send the Innova for them to polish, will give good discount. Bad mistake, came back with holograms all over, had to spend more to send to another detailer to correct, something like what bro. DarkAccoon did.

Lala soup.....I also want.....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Happen to my friend before. His wife's black Innova about 6 month's old was actually still in quite good condition. There was a detailer shop behind where his mother stays and they kept pestering him to send the Innova for them to polish, will give good discount. Bad mistake, came back with holograms all over, had to spend more to send to another detailer to correct, something like what bro. DarkAccoon did.

Lala soup.....I also want.....
Depends on which lala he is referring to la bro...be careful :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It's finally here and earlier reports of the new Lambo being only a demonstration vehicle and not a fully production ready model have been true. But nonetheless, the new Lamborghini Sesto Elemento Concept (Sixth Element Concept) is one stunning piece of Italian machinery.

As...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience