Bluetooth audio to non-bluetooth car stereo/ any speaker

def_lok

Jul 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
You'll need:

1. MP3 Player with bluetooth features i.e. ipod, iphone, tablet, etc.
  2. Bluetooth adapter
  3. AUX line from your car
This project make used of:

1. Ipod nano, Iphone 3gs, 7+ tablet
  2. Some cheap bluetooth adapter from computer hardware shop (this came with internal mic, skip track, call button, internal 200mAh battery and micro usb cable for charging. But i'll skip the control features as i'm gonna control everything from my device).
  3. Proton standard blaupunkt stereo (without dedicated AUX line).
  4. 3.5 stereo jack/rca cable (it came with 3 split cable, which the yellow rca will go to video, but in this case i'll divert this to ground connection from my car stereo).
First Round: Getting all required external devices to work

1. Test your bluetooth adapter with any speaker/ earphone before purchase as to me, i am still skeptical with this A2DP technology. Look for sound quality (well won't be as good as audio cd, but not as bad as downsampling mp3s), sound delay and compatibility to your mp3 player.
  2. AUX cable for my stereo. I've cut out the rca's end, spliced and shell the end tip with some pin connector (from my old floppy drive cable), which will fits nicely on my car stereo's AUX line.
Some related visual for first round

• ipod nano
  • bluetooth adapter packaging
  • teardown - controller face
  • teardown - battery face
  • teardown - rear pcbs
  • 3.5 audio jack/rca
  • old floppy drive cable
First round note:
As you can see, there are many possibilities from the naked bluetooth adapter. I'm considering to throw my stereo away and make way to some basic amplifier in the DIN compartment, straight to this device and my mp3 player or tablet. Well i'm not into audio stuff anyways as i just listen to some local radio channel most of the time. That'll save few grams of my car weight :idea: pfftttt...
Anyways, that's it for tonight, i'll continue tomorrow for the car installation as it's already dark outside for me to figure these all out now.

Round 2: Fixing stuff to your car (will get the photos up tomorrow hopefully)

1. Get the stereo out
  2. Fix the AUX cable pin in
  3. Your stereo jack placement
  4. Connect to your bluetooth to the AUX in
  5. Connect to your mp3 player
  6. Get the stereo back in
  7. Final result
skip step (1 to 3) if you stereo already have the Audio/AUX in.

Attachments

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
I think i get your idea...please confirm that my logic is correct?

Cellphone/whatever bluetooth enabled audio player -> bluetooth connection -> bluetooth adapter - > aux out from bluetooth adapter -> stereo jack to rca in cable converter -> RCA in at headunit

def_lok

Jul 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
yeah u got that right!

device flows:
media player w/ bluetooth -> bluetooth receiver -> headunit

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anybody got this installed?...is it ok?...coz im comtemplating on either GAB soft hard hi lo or Kayaba RS Pro hi lo...significant difference in pricing...GAB @ 2.2k n the Kayaba @ 1.3k++..some of my frens recommended me to go with kayaba as it is not that stiff compare to GAB (note: wife n small baby sometimes ride with me)...

Need advice...thanx..:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience