Blue Jackets Sunday Drive, 23 October 2011

anType

Known Member
Nov 14, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Last Sunday, October the 23rd I was honoured to be a part of the fairly regular Blue Jackets Sunday Drive from KL to Port Dickson. Whereas the Ferrari and Lambo guys couldn't make it this time, there was still a plethora of German and Japanese exotica to choose from in the form of Nissan GT-Rs, various Porsches, Audi R8 and a BMW 3-Series.

On the Road

The route and agenda were pretty simple - depart from the meeting point along Jalan Tun Razak and head towards Port Dickson via LEKAS highway. The great cars on the road and the scenic views along the way provided a perfect opportunity for some highway weekend getaway shots.

A minor mishap during the trip was the loss of a tail light for the 997 Turbo. It fell out while driving.

o_x

Port Dickson

Once in Port Dickson, the guys went for breakfast and I decided to spend some time with the machines.

More Blue Jackets' Drives:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

lexus_6666

500 RPM
Aug 26, 2007
Pity 4 WUF 77 tail lamp. How much does it cost 2 buy 1 ?? Hmmm !!

anType

Known Member
Nov 14, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Sorry Alex, but can you tell me what is this blue jacket thing?
Long story short, it's a community of great non-stuck-up fun-loving exotic owners, who like to do something with their cars (as opposed to some people who just keep them in the garage). They organize drives, events, etc.

Pity 4 WUF 77 tail lamp. How much does it cost 2 buy 1 ?? Hmmm !!
I think RM 2-3k maybe? Not too sure.

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Alex, the first time I came across your 'Audi R8 facing the sea' picture, didn't pay much attention to the background. Was really surprised that the picture was actually taken in Port Dickson town, after reading this post.

Didn't realize how beautiful my hometown's sea is, until now. Nice touch, sir :biggrin:

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
Won't the owners appreciate if their number plates were blanked out?

BMW fanatic

Known Member
Nov 1, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think they don't mind it.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Last Sunday, October the 23rd I was honoured to be a part of the fairly regular Blue Jackets Sunday Drive from KL to Port Dickson. Whereas the Ferrari and Lambo guys couldn't make it this time, there was still a plethora of German and Japanese exotica to choose from in the form of Nissan GT-Rs, various Porsches, Audi R8 and a BMW 3-Series.
What car/s did you ride in, Alex?

jun_ng_1208

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
Cheras
Just only notice that the 2 GT-R in the photos are both 'G1M' plates :D Nice photos bro anType :D

anType

Known Member
Nov 14, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
very nice trip..i was wondering mayb i could join next time, how do i join and be informed of the events??
You can keep an eye on Blue Jackets site or Facebook page, they usually post the info about the events there.

The Yellow 996 is an authentic GT3?
Yep, every bit a real 996 GT3.

The owners didn't say anything, so I left everything as it is.
I still don't understand what's the deal with blanking number plates out? Say, if you know someone's plate - what can you do with the information? Not many people have access to JPJ's database to check the owner's details by the plate number.

What car/s did you ride in, Alex?
Porsche 997 Carrera 4S. A really fast car btw!

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
anType, anybody with spare RM10 can have access to JPJ's database.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

noobie here, mind if i ask u all abt car engine?

i hav browsed thru the web n know little bit abt engine.. like injector, meal gasket, piston b goes on..

is there anyone or expert on engine enlightenin me abt car engine, like how come we hav to change the metal gasket if addin turbo, wats oil cooler abt n wats it for? does any stock car has it?

cam pulley, camshaft.. wats all that? me very interested in engine but no one or lubang to turn to :confused_smile:

hope to get sum...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience