Blow Off Valve.....

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
type s is very good bov, something japan container arrived. its very fast get sold.

there is black n purple type s, black is with harder spring than purple :)

and type s seldom got problem

black version is imitation products.

The email i recieved from greddy

[email protected] to me
show details 9:44 PM (11 hours ago)
Hi Mark,

We have never released the type-s bov with a black cap. They were produced only in anodized purple. I'm sorry but it looks like you purchased a counterfeit.

Thanks!

Stay current on GReddy products and news...
www.greddy.com
www.shopgreddy.com
http://greddy-usa.blogspot.com/
T: 949-588-8300
F: 949-588-6318

Last edited:

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
finally bought the type-s. :driver:

but i got a question. the bov got 2 small flange. which 1 to plug in the hose? any particular setup needed for 4g93t?

thx

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
avaultz said:
finally bought the type-s.

but i got a question. the bov got 2 small flange. which 1 to plug in the hose? any particular setup needed for 4g93t?

thx
Do the single spring mod 1st, It also allows for an easier install since there is no need to connect the lower vacuum port.

check this out SINGLE SPRING MOD & SETTINGS

Last edited:

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
Do the single spring mod 1st, It also allows for an easier install since there is no need to connect the lower vacuum port.

check this out SINGLE SPRING MOD & SETTINGS
bro ayoi,

what will happen if i dont remove the small spring? and din connect the lower vacuum as well?
Can i just plug n play? i read the link u gave me but dont really understand since nvr exprience it with m sqv b4. mind to explain to me in much simple way?
thx

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
bro avaultz,

Let me explain in simple way
Without single spring mod - connect upper/lower vacuum port
Single spring mod - only connect upper vacuum port

*My experience b4 single spring mod (i connected the upper vacuum port only), my BOV flutter chu chu chuuu sound.. after single spring mod shhhiiiingggg sound :)

Last edited:

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
bro avaultz,

Let me explain in simple way
Without single spring mod - connect upper/lower vacuum port
Single spring mod - only connect upper vacuum port

*My experience b4 single spring mod (i connected the upper vacuum port only), my BOV flutter chu chu chuuu sound.. after single spring mod shhhiiiingggg sound :)
hmm.. my sqv only got 1 vacuum hose. that y im curious where to get the 2nd vacuum hose for the lower flange?
and will i get the shiinng sound instead of flutter without single spring mod - connect upper/lower vacuum port? tq

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
avaultz said:
hmm.. my sqv only got 1 vacuum hose. that y im curious where to get the 2nd vacuum hose for the lower flange?
and will i get the shiinng sound instead of flutter without single spring mod - connect upper/lower vacuum port? tq
if the single spring mod is not done, the valve should have the lower vacuum port connected to a source still pressurized after the throttle plate closes (IC pipes) and still have a very light adjustment to allow for the easiest valve actuation possible. Failure to connect the lower port while keeping both springs inside will make it difficult to open on small pressure changes, and even more so if the spring is adjusted tighter.

Settings - Both Springs (Greddy Default)
Result - Will flutter unless the lower vacuum port is used...and even then sometimes. Loud whistle without the lower port, little whistle or whoosh when using the lower port depending on throttle change and air flow.

(sources from evomoto.com)

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
if the single spring mod is not done, the valve should have the lower vacuum port connected to a source still pressurized after the throttle plate closes (IC pipes) and still have a very light adjustment to allow for the easiest valve actuation possible. Failure to connect the lower port while keeping both springs inside will make it difficult to open on small pressure changes, and even more so if the spring is adjusted tighter.

Settings - Both Springs (Greddy Default)
Result - Will flutter unless the lower vacuum port is used...and even then sometimes. Loud whistle without the lower port, little whistle or whoosh when using the lower port depending on throttle change and air flow.

(sources from evomoto.com)

i wanted to normal setup 1st without spring mods 1st. so the top vacuum hose connected to tb like other bov's. than for the lower vacuum where to connect bro? any idea? thx:confused:

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
seems ur settings kinda more to hard? and did u used the gray colour glue for gasket seal?

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
yerp, im using the gray color gasket seal.
my settings 3 turns from 1st contact

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm planning to change my muffler and/or the extractor. The problem is i'm new in this area and can anyone tell me what to look for when buying. For the muffler what price should I expect. Is the cap ayam one cost around 100-250 any good? Or should I go for branded one. And the extractor... which one is good for auto car... 4-2-1 or 4-1? Budget around rm500 if possible for both.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience