Blacktop 20v check engine issues please help

devilz 78

Known Member
Jul 25, 2008
kuala lumpur
Hi guys glad u guys can help me out too here thanks.
My check engine lights up and my idle is below 1k rpm, when try to rev more then 2k its like choke and letting got the accelerator the engine died:confused:

I check my spark plugs all okay and fuel is enough from the fuel lines what could have cause this? I check the ecu too like look out for burn mark but nothing all okay to me. Reset it all by removing batt and ECU adapter still not fixing anything.

What else I can do? Any sensors I should check? Any good BT20v workshop near by Setiawangsa?

Attachments

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
retrieve the error code first bro...all you need is a piece of wire...easier to diagnose and work from there...else we just shooting in the dark...

devilz 78

Known Member
Jul 25, 2008
kuala lumpur
I know that by plug in wire to TE1 and E1 socket right? Done that but check engine dont even blink, maybe I do it wrong la ill try again ya thanks bro, anyway do u know any workshop do bt20v engine service?

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
I know that by plug in wire to TE1 and E1 socket right? Done that but check engine dont even blink, maybe I do it wrong la ill try again ya thanks bro, anyway do u know any workshop do bt20v engine service?
yeah...jump the TE1 and E1 at the diagnostic port...and turn the key to "on" position...dont crank/start the engine...

err...doesnt blink ehh...?? does the check engine indicator light up...i mean "nyala" at all...?? it should light up regardless you jump the wire or not when you turn your key to "on" position...

about the workshop...i'm all the way across town...and dont know any workshop near your place...maybe some other forumers can help...gud luck...

devilz 78

Known Member
Jul 25, 2008
kuala lumpur
yeah...jump the TE1 and E1 at the diagnostic port...and turn the key to "on" position...dont crank/start the engine...

err...doesnt blink ehh...?? does the check engine indicator light up...i mean "nyala" at all...?? it should light up regardless you jump the wire or not when you turn your key to "on" position...

about the workshop...i'm all the way across town...and dont know any workshop near your place...maybe some other forumers can help...gud luck...
The check engine lights up as usual when ever the key is in the ignition is on then I did the wire jumper method and my check engine doesn't blink at all, thanks again sir will try to plug in different ECU

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

If you jump TE1 to E1 and engine check light didn't blink, then you have a faulty ECU.
Ah the ecu master is here, i did it with a paper clip at 1st then with a jumper wire too both not showing anything on the check engine light sir. Do u have any extra ecu for bt20v 5speed for sale sir?

slack3r

Known Member
Mar 10, 2010
Manila
you open diagnosis box from engine bay use small wire to connect E1 and TE1

if all is good check engine light should have continuos blinking... if not get the code

example

blinks 4 short blinks and pause then 2 short blinks and same pattern again code = 42 = vss (speed sensor)