beware of seller

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
can share his mudah links here?

buy from mudah pro seller only fyi, at least they r registered/paid merchant

otherwise, they all are individual sales, which mean can run anytime.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Buying 2nd hand items has always been a matter of trusting the other party... be it the seller OR the buyer. Risk is always on 2 sides. Buyers can be cheaters too... just to point out (not calling anyone a cheater here of course!)

When buying a 2nd hand item... I always ask myself if the condition of the item can be measured? That's the no.1 thing you should be asking yourself.

Take the earlier given example of used tires and absorbers. Premature failure cannot be determined. So of course as a buyer, we risk facing those things lah. As most traders buy and resell items, they themselves cannot be sure of it's conditions during sale... unless it's an item that he himself has been using.

If you take something more straight forward... like rims... the condition can be measured easier. Bengkok or not, welded before or not, resprayed before or not, etc. Unless you really unlucky and the rim kena internal cracks... of which also the seller can't tell anyway.

The real reason for this thread I believe is that Oblivion just wants to point out that we as buyers (even as sellers for that matter) should be more careful when dealing, and not to badmouth the seller.

So the real question we need to discuss would be, how do we minimize risk of getting cheated?

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Oh... and my general rule of thumb is to NEVER buy 2nd hand electronics... because there's no way to determine that it's in good working condition, plus they usually don't come cheap. Too high risk... I'd rather pay the extra to get brand new electronics and a 1 year warranty on top of that.

andersen

Apr 14, 2004
Some way in Asi
autoracing.yourcities.com
I think Oblivion are trying to tell, If a seller had agree what he promise if the items don't work it could refund. I had meet with Oblivion recently and he told me that the seller had promises him if the items not work could be refund, but seller want Oblivion install the adsober at seller's mechanic workshop. after installation, seller's mechanic also notify the rear suspension is damage and licking. lastly seller it-self giving tons of excuses and disappear.

at here, I am not standing at Oblivion or Dominic, in point of view in the history, what seller had promise, you have to do at your promises. don't give tons of excuses after the things appears. your reputation definitely is a problem if you do this.

I think this is Oblivion is trying to point out.

mrtwo

Known Member
Sep 22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
wow, even his mechanic says spoilt and he dissapear after givin tons of excuses? :hmmmm2::hmmmm2::hmmmm2:

sometimes it is ok to buy from private seller cuz i ve done this couple of times...its about ethics la...for that price does it worth to jeopardise ur trust among buyers? sell spoilt items, whether u know or not as a seller, must refund ! unless he tells u this product is spoilt and u still buy it then its ur problem la..

goober

500 RPM
Jul 20, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Guys,

Don't have to be nice to this Dominic guy. We should identify and get rid of these menaces in our society. It's called outright cheating and should not tolerate it.

From the way the story goes, it sounds like a previous MR2 club malaysia member whose very active selling used parts. It's not the first time this has happened. So be careful. Buy from reputable sources only.

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Hi Alvin, Andersen,

Both of you got my point exactly. The point is about honouring agreements made between buyer and seller and as well to take caution in overtrusting someone, it could be a bad habit of mine.

Thanks for the tips on what not to get Alvin, it is something that I should keep in mind as well. Although, almost all the time, sellers state "good condition" or "working condition"....:)

Goober,

Urm, i think we should not judge Dominic as a person. He is actually quite a nice person. my complain is about the way he dealt with me so i am sharing it so that others may be caution as well. Its business, not personal.

Anyway, all, i think i have made my point clear here already. Let's not over analyze the whole situation. If you really want to know all the details, please do PM directly and i'll be glad to explain further.

Thanks.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Not forgetting... sometimes it can also be just sheer bad luck... being in the wrong hands at the wrong time.

I've had a friend sell his car to another friend. Promised tip top condition. Tested everything ok. Inspection ok. Name change ok. Payment ok.
One week later... the car overheated. Buyer blames seller that he never inform that his car has overheating problems and demands seller to pay for repair costs (forgot what was it, i think change radiator and hoses only). Seller explained that when he was driving, he memang never had that problem, therefore refuses to pay.

So in this case, who is to blame?

I personally know both of them (though not that close), and the seller memang got hang out with us and go for weekly convoys and mamak sessions and all without any overheating problems. Summoh it's his daily use and only car. The buyer is a reputable car person, so by right he should know his stuffs.

But as I said... i'm not that close to either of them... so I never masuk campur. Your guess is as good as mine as to who's responsibility the repairs are.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
Guys,

Don't have to be nice to this DomiNIC guy. We should identify and get rid of these menaces in our society. It's called outright cheating and should not tolerate it.

From the way the story goes, it sounds like a previous MR2 club malaysia member whose very active selling used parts. It's not the first time this has happened. So be careful. Buy from reputable sources only.
:driver:

like i said, very enthusisatic mr2 member then, ask goober :burnout:

iexit

1,500 RPM
Aug 18, 2005
Selangor
iexit.multiply.com
LOL this is exciting... next time make sure you view & test the products & if possible buy form a recommended seller. Although second hand goods are not always 100% in great condition & have no warranties, make sure u ask around before purchasing. This guy is very well known to all the old kaki's already... and ppl has posted feedback on him several times in the forum too, so be careful.

Feb 19, 2011
Selangor
Hi to all concern buyers and readers,

My name is Dominic ([email protected]). I have been actively involve in selling parts online via mudah.com since 2008. Most of my parts are“used parts” taken from my several secondhand garage. The reason I started this business was to create more opportunity for buyers to get variety of parts and at the same time, save them lots of time searching for it. I have never had any bad intention as to cheat or provide any fake information about the product. Most of the time, I would deal COD “cash-on-deliver”, I would deliver to the buyers respected destination. Sometimes, I would explain thoroughly about the “used parts” and let the buyer make a decision before making payment. Most of the time buyers would like to ask for discount, if the items are not up to his satisfaction.

The reason I stopped posting of “used parts” in mudah. com was nothing to do with issues with buyers. There were lesser and lesser parts available in the market for me to trade.

As for the case of Oblivion aka Mr. Jonathan Yip. I honestly did not have any intention to cheat him or mislead him in anyway. He started buying“used parts” from me in September 2009. In fact he was my regular, he buys quite a number of parts from me from time to time. Occasionally seek advice from me and send me greeting messages. What went wrong was, in October 2009 when he asked for a set of used suspension “CUSCO” brand adjusted shocks. I bought it sometime ago for RM2200 but in the end sold it to him for RM800, cause he was my regular customer. He inspected the “used parts” and it was fine the time he bought it. There were no oil leak and loose parts. So, I did agree to a condition that if he find any problems with the “ used parts” please have it return immediately and I will refund him in full.

Anyhow, he asked if I could introduce him a reasonable workshop, to have the “used suspension” install to his car. So, as a helpful seller I offered him my friend’s workshop. It was over a week then, he visited my friend’s garage to had it installed. At that moment, I was away for work and he had my mechanic friend call me immediately about the problem of the “used parts”. My friend told me, 2 of the rear suspension was spoilt and that the 2 front suspension which he had it fixed on his car is working fine. The question is, if you already know that the “used parts” were spoilt, you should not have taken and used it “2 front suspension” for 2 weeks and hoping to return to me for full refund. I think I was not fairly judge and all this comments about my way of doing business has caused me dearly not forgetting my family
safety. Lastly, I did my part as a seller and refunded him RM300 into his bank account a year ago with the intention of fully refunding him upon him returning the goods. As at to date, I have not received the goods from him.

Despite all the comotion, saying that I cheated him and being dishonest. He was still buying “used parts” from me last year, for example a set of used “PHOENIX POWER twin exhaust for RM500. In the end, what is he trying to imply, if I am a cheater and dishonest seller why is he still buying from me last year.

Conclusion what is his intention and also how can I refund in full to him when he did not return all 4 suspensions to me till today.

DOMINIC

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
The simple lesson to be learned here is willing buyer, willing seller.

Used parts always includes risk factor, not just the parts in question but also unscrupulous sellers and buyers alike.

I'll take both stories with a pinch of salt and always best for both to meet face to face to settle once for all unless one has ulterior motives.

andersen

Apr 14, 2004
Some way in Asi
autoracing.yourcities.com
Hi to all concern buyers and readers,

My name is Dominic ([email protected]). I have been actively involve in selling parts online via mudah.com since 2008. Most of my parts are“used parts” taken from my several secondhand garage. The reason I started this business was to create more opportunity for buyers to get variety of parts and at the same time, save them lots of time searching for it. I have never had any bad intention as to cheat or provide any fake information about the product. Most of the time, I would deal COD “cash-on-deliver”, I would deliver to the buyers respected destination. Sometimes, I would explain thoroughly about the “used parts” and let the buyer make a decision before making payment. Most of the time buyers would like to ask for discount, if the items are not up to his satisfaction.

The reason I stopped posting of “used parts” in mudah. com was nothing to do with issues with buyers. There were lesser and lesser parts available in the market for me to trade.

As for the case of Oblivion aka Mr. Jonathan Yip. I honestly did not have any intention to cheat him or mislead him in anyway. He started buying“used parts” from me in September 2009. In fact he was my regular, he buys quite a number of parts from me from time to time. Occasionally seek advice from me and send me greeting messages. What went wrong was, in October 2009 when he asked for a set of used suspension “CUSCO” brand adjusted shocks. I bought it sometime ago for RM2200 but in the end sold it to him for RM800, cause he was my regular customer. He inspected the “used parts” and it was fine the time he bought it. There were no oil leak and loose parts. So, I did agree to a condition that if he find any problems with the “ used parts” please have it return immediately and I will refund him in full.

Anyhow, he asked if I could introduce him a reasonable workshop, to have the “used suspension” install to his car. So, as a helpful seller I offered him my friend’s workshop. It was over a week then, he visited my friend’s garage to had it installed. At that moment, I was away for work and he had my mechanic friend call me immediately about the problem of the “used parts”. My friend told me, 2 of the rear suspension was spoilt and that the 2 front suspension which he had it fixed on his car is working fine. The question is, if you already know that the “used parts” were spoilt, you should not have taken and used it “2 front suspension” for 2 weeks and hoping to return to me for full refund. I think I was not fairly judge and all this comments about my way of doing business has caused me dearly not forgetting my family
safety. Lastly, I did my part as a seller and refunded him RM300 into his bank account a year ago with the intention of fully refunding him upon him returning the goods. As at to date, I have not received the goods from him.

Despite all the comotion, saying that I cheated him and being dishonest. He was still buying “used parts” from me last year, for example a set of used “PHOENIX POWER twin exhaust for RM500. In the end, what is he trying to imply, if I am a cheater and dishonest seller why is he still buying from me last year.

Conclusion what is his intention and also how can I refund in full to him when he did not return all 4 suspensions to me till today.

DOMINIC

And I felt some one is very "agressive" because from beginning until now, I NEVER read Oblivion said Dominic is a cheater, I am just felt that he was trying to tell us the seller service attitude. Just someone admit himself is a cheater.

P/s: I am just thinking. I went to Oblivion's house, I show the Cusco suspension is in his store room, I could felt this shock keep in his storeroom quite sometime, and now his current suspension is Tein is I am not misstaken. I dont think Oblivion dont want to return to Dominic, from his story and point of view is, you never meet him out for collect this fault shock.

Because you Dont let people to contact you direct (You know yourself and most people knew about you too ;-) ), the email to you for example 10 times, do you think how many email you will return? you should know this.

So, and I am still thinking, Now you had repy you are as a Victim, If Oblivion now return the shock to you since he never uses it since the shock have problem. I can be a witness for this ;-) so do you refund full amount to him? This is very interesting. I, Oblivion and all ZeroToHundred's members are waiting your answer. so excited waiting for next reply ;-)
-

Last edited:

oblivion

Known Member
Oct 6, 2006
Hi Dominic,

Thanks for your response.

Since you brought up the topic of the refund, i might as well put in the facts.

1. The agreement was that you allowed me a week of testing and if it wasn't satisfied with it, i can return it.
2. When you gave me back the so called refund, you just wrote to me that you have refunded me without telling me how much and how to proceed with it.
3. i had to check my account which showed a 300 deposit which i don't even know if it is for you. I have written to you multiple times to confirm if this is actually your deposit, but i never had a straight answer. so actually, until today, i don't even know that that 300 is from you, but i am giving you the benefit of doubt.
4. subsequently, i have written to you every month to ask how we can proceed with this. After point 4, i find it hard to trust you already. every month, i write to you, and i never had a reply. until i decided to just forget about it.
5. If you did reply me saying that as soon as i return the shocks, you will pay me the balance, it will be first on my list the next day.
6. the only security i have about you is your email. i don't know where you live, your contact number......

Yes, i have bought from you the exhaust because i was willing to let go of the past and move on. i have even requested to buy from you more items.

Should i as well mention about the steering rack which you refused to sell me just because i ask to be present in person to inspect it? Or the TRD anti roll bar which you claim to be complete but comes without one bushing? yes, you did say that you will get me the bushing in 2 months later, but after all this, i would prefer to have clean straight cut transactions with you. i was not ready to enter in another long year of asking back my money.

yes, the suspension issue lasted almost one year.

Hi Andersen,

Thanks for understanding my point and No, i do not want to get back my money now. That is not the point of this post.

Hi MR fans,

The whole intention for this post is just to bring about awareness.

I have nothing to gain from this, only to lose from all these drama and constant threats from the seller on law suits and police reports.

my hope from this threat is that

1. people have straight cut deals with this seller.
2. Sellers don't take buyers for granted and treat them however they wish. We have a voice as well.
3. If there are other agreements made in any transaction, please, both buyers and sellers, honor your part of the agreement.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
hi guys, i subscribe tht in plying used or preowned parts there is an element of risk. of course as they say "willing buyer, willing seller" to be fair to both parties.

it would be pretty good when all parties are open about the transaction.

btw hi dominic, long time havent heard from you.

it would be good if the members meet up again after all these years & like the old days the mr2 camaraderie friendship was very good. its just when owners start to splinter away, the core mr2 dont know what real or

remember the usual mr2 bangsar shopping complex meet ups? it doesnt happen now but it good when mr2 member start to meet in person & share info. the transparency is more geniune & sometimes its good to show face behind the keyboard.

it was the good all days, & like i said the mr2 spirit was really good then, its a shame that its seems 'all business' has overtaken 'mr2 camaraderie friendship'

the mr2 spirit will always continue to burn, fact was back then we put all other car clubs to shame.

its nice to see some mr2 revival. cheers to all

Last edited: