Best Camber Kit For Civic EK

ioki

Jul 4, 2005
As title above, Need Advice from all which been using the front camber kit for civic ek. Which brand do you all think is the best buck for money. Been looking into Skunk2 and Hardrace. Any other brand other than these two? Looking into reliability of the product. Some reviews would be good. Thanx to all ZTHians.

:wavey:

shiroitenshi

Apr 18, 2006
Used S2 camber kit.. front ball joint failure on one side.. I consider normal wear and tear.. the bushings on s2 old version are shit.. now ordering new ones, but chris from pentagon haven't gotten back to me on that yet.

Now in the process of ordering the ver2 ball joints as well.

As for other camber kits.
use bushing, faster wear and tear (somehow honda rubber lasts the longest lol), used spherical bearing, bunyi macam2.. lol.

ioki

Jul 4, 2005
cad843 : hahahahaha where can find?
shiroitenshi : s2 version2 ? any picts on it/? neone tried hardrace before. ?

shiroitenshi

Apr 18, 2006
S2 version 2 same with version 1.. difference at at ball joint only, the ball joint revised to fit for american honda cars with very lowered suspension.

BTW, I don't think there's a best version.. depends on what you want to use it for.. if for correcting camber angle when lowering car, then any would do. If consider for racing, go spherical. I don't have prejudice for taiwanese made parts, but some of the stuff and the material make me worry.. but some are nice though, and probably usable for daily driving.

shiroitenshi

Apr 18, 2006
i used the s2 like 2 years + already. It looks like shit now, so try skunk 2 website, if you're wondering how they look like after two years, then i'll post later lol. Hardrace, heard of the brand, but i don't know anyone who uses it, nor it's lastability

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
shiro : how much did the s2 camber kit cost u? i know its usually the bomb... hence why i dont have a camber kit yet.. =(((

tecque

Jun 29, 2005
sbn

Its bushing is made by harden rubber(mugen, spoon used harden rubber also), and strengthen ball joint.. quality is proven
Front camber arm Hard Rubber RM770 call 012-3811137 for more info

ioki

Jul 4, 2005
i did some researh and they did said that S2 would cost a bomb and quality wise its not up to par yet. Judging at the alenkey nuts and the bolt nut used by hardrace...still prefer the bolt nut concept togh. more rigid :-P .

akuma

Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
i've been using d S2 camber kit on my 1989 EF CR-X 4 >2yrs now..so far so good..no problem w d bushing tho i heard alot of EK owners complaining abt their S2 kit....i bought mine frm Chris Pentagon......
n abt d Hardrace kit....go get 'em if it's available 4 ur car...it's proven 2 work n last!d only reason i got d S2 is coz no1 else produce camber kit 4 EF back thn.....but dis is not 2 say they r no good ler..they haf served me very well all dis years..n FYI,i do race my car,HARD!

ioki

Jul 4, 2005
oh bro akuma. Christopher and clements fren huh....heard bout u n ur orange EF. yea thats what i heard from others on the bushing of the S2. perhaps ill give hardrace a try . :-)

akuma

Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
ioki,
If u know Christopher & Clement,u shud ask 4 their advice.especially frm Clement coz he drives an EK too.n also Vincent,he's very fast ard SIC too.good luck

shiroitenshi

Apr 18, 2006
i bought the s2 pro version, with the hard bushes. The bushes are crap. They spoil easily. The tuner series is good enough. Mine not on the car atm, because still waiting for the replacement parts.

I don't race my car, but east coast roads I pass through like rally roads lol. Mostly unpaved roads. Post pictures later once I get home.

Total I paid is 3k plus, but that one old exchange rate. Now should be cheaper.

ioki

Jul 4, 2005
ioki,
If u know Christopher & Clement,u shud ask 4 their advice.especially frm Clement coz he drives an EK too.n also Vincent,he's very fast ard SIC too.good luck
hahahaha. chris told me to go for hardrace, clement havent ask his advice yet. vincent was on S2. different ppl different comments, lolz...hope to meet u one day :-)

tinking of an doin n engine swap in jaybee pondering between visworks n speedworks any bros here any reccomendations cos price wise i feel jaybee more competitive but i dunno wat to do when inspection time comes cos they cannot help mi "pass" unlike some sg workshops where alot of ppl says can be done under table lol! some civics recc mi HV but heard pricing wise not much diff from visworks n they dun really do my type of car so pls advise...