Best Bang for Buck? Evo 7/8/8mr/9/9mr?

PabloIceman

3,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2006
Potato, since u in KL, invite Mistaken Identity to test drive the car with u ... He walking dictionary on Evo eventhough he now drives a Godzilla ... u only need to blanja him makan and minum can already .... kikiki

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
u bring the car to a machanic that knows how to check...make sure there is no burn smell
OK besides the smell, are there any other indication? Can it be detected by test driving it? Maybe got some noise or different handling behavior or anything? Sorry if keep asking but I'm also thinking to own an Evo but I'm new here and don't know any Evo expert mechanics yet.
Thx again.

elsm80

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
Anybody here has any idea on where I can get an Evo 7 RS/Sprint?

I dun even mind a half cut.

Thx.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
but to ride in this monsta...u have to help him shift gear...organic one...u ready for this? lol

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if u really looking for an 8, i have one selling soon....wait for my post at marketplace...
the car stock..except advan rims...thats all....
Which one is it?

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

some funny sound when u taking hard corner
Ic2....if you can give some links to read, appreciate it. Thx again for the info.

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
from touge become broke back mountain... later nobody turn up for tt or drive anymore :rofl:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
bro, they will, just bring more fresh stocks....will support this event wholeheartly

potato

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Just wondering how the Evo 7,8,9 (around 11.6-11.8m) turning radius is compared to other road cars, are the radius bigger than typical FF cars? If so won't it experience understeer during corners & difficulties around car parks? Also how does it compare to Skyline GT-R 32,33,34?

EVOFans

Known Member
Aug 29, 2006
Bro EvoFans,

You wanna increase the horsepower but u want to disregard the supported mods that are needed for that power? How come radiator is not included in increasing the horsepower again?

And what's the difference between radiator and intercooler in ur arguments? You're saying that radiator is not power added mod, while intercooler is?

CLEAR??
Radiator don't help in horsepower producing but help in sustaining it by preventing the water temperature to raise over safe limit
Intercooler help as in preventing heat soak after hard pull/sustained high power pull as the function of it is to cool the air just after being compressed by compressor wheel of turbocharger
So end of word is:
Radiator control the temperature of engine to prevent overheating from happened and to keep engine in optimal water temperature
Intrcooler cool the compressed charge from turbo and therefore it is one of the biggest factor affecting horsepower being produced and controller the temperature of air being feed into engine

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

EVOFans....i know u dun have a Evo now...but just a question...

1) do u have driving license now ??

2) R U DRIVE / TEST A EVO BEFORE ??

are u know now u just look's like the KIDS without driving license but teach some 1 with driving license how to drive a car.....what we chinese call this
SIN KA LAN....

CLEAR ???
1.)Yes got my driving license already
2.)Nope,haven't have the chance to ride or test drive an EVO before
Closest would be a ride in original Galant VR4(With actuator not opening properly so boost come in extremely late,like TD05H-16G 5000rpm)
I don't think what i said is classified is Sin Ka Lan when it could be done
The most extent you could say is:It is not feasible in Malaysia to do it due to factor such as fuel quality,humidity,ambient temperature but that does not mean it have not been done before,no??
I am just being reasonable,no more no less
And calling out people "sin ka lan" is equal to insult
So thanks for your Insult from EVO Owner:banghead:

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Guess your last paper in SPM should be over!

SPM not over yet,over by 29.11.2011 for me

Mod for short or Modification in car term means anything done on the car either to improve performance or for looks from its original!
I agree with the above statement

Before u go telling us your version of power & how to bring it up to 1000whps and above, please go read up how a fundamental Automotive engines and how it works, engine efficiency & losses, Thermodynamics and its principal. When you have worked on this World's largest diesel engine makes 109,000 horsepower
then come to teach me about how to increase power exponentially without a single thought about the supporting mods. When u say sustain power, it is a supporting mod.
Then again, I bet you couldn't tell the difference between a spanner and a wrench or when to use a vernier caliper or a micrometer.
LOL...those are something for further study
Spanner=Wrench,no???
I know the difference between Vernier Caliper and Micrometer

Of course u didn't claim stock turbo can achieve 1000 whp, it's because u copy & paste from automotive blogs/forums from all over maa ...
Finally i have to agree with you last statement that you really did stir up the section quite abit but not with your knowledge but rather your inmaturity and arrogance.
Like what the others have mentioned, I like to see when you have earned your way through working life and buying an Evo or any other car and paying using your hard-earned $$$ to do modification, then I'll be the 1st guy here to clap my hands and congratulate u. Not getting your parents to pay for your car & mods hor!
I intend to work and earn my own myself an EVO in the future
One of my biggest goal in life in fact
Answer is in bold
Cheers

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
Yo EvoFans...

U're talkin' about insult...??? What do U mean by sayin' CAN'T WAIT TO KICK THEIR ASS (THE EVO OWNER ASS) once U have the $$$ to buy Buschur parts...?? U know what, till U own the ass whoppin' EVO, stop showin' to all the otai's here that U know better than them....

Last edited:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
Just wondering how the Evo 7,8,9 (around 11.6-11.8m) turning radius is compared to other road cars, are the radius bigger than typical FF cars? If so won't it experience understeer during corners & difficulties around car parks? Also how does it compare to Skyline GT-R 32,33,34?
evo turning radius is definitely larger compared FF cars. parking can be a hassle but the headache part is making u-turns.

i have not faced and have not heard of evo owners complaining of understeering in corners so far.

GT-Rs are a totally different car - longer, heavier and although it has 4WD, i have been told by GTR owners that they normally behave like FR until there is slip detected where the torque split will be channeled to the front wheels.

you will have to ask GTR owners on how their cars behave in corners, car parks and during U-turns to have a more accurate picture.

at the end of the day, it is still the same piece of advice - go and TEST DRIVE the car.

it is better for you to experience the car before buying it.

no one buys a car just because some one else says it is a good car or the stock turbo can reach 1k whp or if you should keep your stock radiator as it is not a mod.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Can this shine anymore?
Hello friends! :itsme:

I was back from KL, meeting KC. I had to start my first detail after the trip.

This was my baby, a 2004 Honda Civic V-tec. (Not anymore! She’s someone else’s now. But I still love her.)
Obviously, being a house member, she expected more attention from me. So, I couldn't choose any other ride. I remember KC saying take care of the family first!

(I’ve lost a lot of pictures of her due to a data transfer gone wrong. What’s remaining...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience