Beams NA engine able to mod up to 200HP on wheel NA?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Most powerful stock 3-SGE to date Mr. SEG's silver bullet.

Mine's a MT with toda 290/280 cams.
Though vvti is disabled, car still feels torquey.
No lumpy idle nor jerking at low revs.
Should have installed higher cams instead? :hmmmm::hmmmm:
Does the VVTi work only on intake, or on exhaust as well?
Why disable it? Hope to learn. Thanks.

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Finally the "powerful stock Altezza" opens his 'heart' lol

For those stock Beams Altezza trying to match his dyno figures...his secret is out haha
Hiah...190whp small fry not like your monster 1JZ.

No secret lah.... I don't mind sharing what works and what doesn't.
Based on my experience and stock healthy engine G3 and G5 can produce 170whp.
With extractor and muffler change only can go up to 180whp. Using stock airbox with panel K&N filter.
ECU can produce another 10whp bring to total 190whp. The mild cams I feel improves the torque more than the hp. Drivability improves cos
better low end torque. Again this is not 100% guaranteed. You need to get the right combination of all component working in harmony with proper tuning. Depends what you want out right HP or more Torque.

There you go this is my secret...ha ha ha :biggrin: Got lightened Toda flywheel but dont think this improves the Hp or torque...:hmmmm:

Adrenaline Rush.... Your snowhite is a benchmark...well respected in sepang.:biggrin:

Last edited:

Adrenaline_Rush

Known Member
May 24, 2005
Petaling Jaya
Does the VVTi work only on intake, or on exhaust as well?
Why disable it? Hope to learn. Thanks.
Disabled both in/ex because the cams are high lift. But with good tuning, you won't miss them as torque is at least the same or higher across the rev range.

With extractor and muffler change only can go up to 180whp. Using stock airbox with panel K&N filter.
ECU can produce another 10whp bring to total 190whp. The mild cams I feel improves the torque more than the hp. Drivability improves cos
better low end torque. Again this is not 100% guaranteed. You need to get the right combination of all component working in harmony with proper tuning. Depends what you want out right HP or more Torque.

There you go this is my secret...ha ha ha :biggrin: Got lightened Toda flywheel but dont think this improves the Hp or torque...:hmmmm:

Adrenaline Rush.... Your snowhite is a benchmark...well respected in sepang.:biggrin:
Mr. SEG, Your engine is made by toyol-ta :stupid: crazy power!
Benchmark in Sepang? :hmmmm: far from it!

Struggling to even break into 2:3x's:dontknow:

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008

Well said and right on.Is there an actual improvement of torque or just a shift of torque curve;( imitates vvt opening @ 4000rpm as cam opens earlier by 10 deg)?

Lighten flywheel improves throttle response...

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Most powerful stock 3-SGE to date Mr. SEG's silver bullet.

Mine's a MT with toda 290/280 cams.
Though vvti is disabled, car still feels torquey.
No lumpy idle nor jerking at low revs.
Should have installed higher cams instead? :hmmmm::hmmmm:
High compression pistons and high lift/degree cams compliment each other.Not trying poison here but u need pistons to draw in and expel (suck and blow) since got better breathing but this will raise fuel consumption.Dyno tuning will show the difference. powerband should be between 5000-8000rpm. Best check cam manufacturer specs!

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
1Jtezza,
Both slightly higher torque and also shift in peak torque to lower revs.

The Toda flywheel I dont think it translates to HP on dyno...more on quick throttle response .. yes u are rite...:proud:

Adrenaline_Rush : 2:3X in Sepang is matter of time ..... :driver:

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
higher torque =higher hp

HP= torque x RPM

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

adrenaline_rush

Toda recommends change valve springs for the high cams to prevent valve 'bounce' so that you can pull higher revs.

BUT when you do that (pulling higher revs) so many considerations come into play?

Adrenaline_Rush

Known Member
May 24, 2005
Petaling Jaya
1JTezza,
Good points. I'm considering higher compression pistons upgrade. And you're right. my toda cams spec can only be fitted with adjustable cam pulleys and stiffer valve springs to cope with higher lift.
As for rev limit, I'm pretty conservative. Will stick close to the factory setting for reliability. Amateur driver like me needs the car to be running to gain experience :driver:
---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

[/COLOR]adrenaline_rush

Toda recommends change valve springs for the high cams to prevent valve 'bounce' so that you can pull higher revs.

BUT when you do that (pulling higher revs) so many considerations come into play?[/QUOTE]

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,

just wanted to see if anyone has used the evo1/2/3 oem absorbers + springs before? im looking to convert my wira GSR back to "comfortable-like-stock standard" cos ive got a baby on the way...been using adjustables for many yrs, and its time to change...

so i've asked around, and got mixed opinions, which got me all confused...i wanna go back to the stock standard comfort level, dont bother about performance anymore...so obviously oem is the way to go...question is, which oem...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience