Beams NA engine able to mod up to 200HP on wheel NA?

220mph

Known Member
Mar 31, 2006
kl
can be done.its matter of worth it anot. i will cost u a bomb. moreover 200Whp region seem to the barrier limit. some bot supercharge 5AT altezza kaki also running around that power only. ive spend 6-8 k on my altezza. power increase still not noticable. hahaha . total investment on major parts for my k20a around 12-15k.stock piston and crank. 240whp 22.9kgm torque. and theres more power to be extract if i still want to continue. but its enough. moral of the story, pick wisely on what to start with. want crazy power but die die still want N/A. Go for Honda. want balance + comfort handling go for altezza. want cheap raw power, go for turbo.

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
WTCC beams are rated 280hp, MMER altezza claim 230hp
Wanna get 200+ whp NA=get a race engine!!! ...dont get oversize when you can get high compression pistons.You will need high cams;ecu etc,etc AND a lot of TLC hours putting it together and tuning it.
Turbo go 1JZ.....daily drive with aircon some more...stock turbo,stock boost,stock ecu will get you 220+ whp and 30+kgm @ 3000rpm.....bliss

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
I agree with 220mph..if you want more than 200WHP for a NA engine..go for the Honda K20A.
I have seen incredible HP produce by this high revving engine..you won't be disappointed.
If you like comfort and good for day to day driving plus some oommphh added..go for the Altezza. The looks is ageless...and still a big puzzle to some ppl on the street when they look at the car :rofl:

Don't waste your money on a BEAMS engine in the NA configuration hoping to squeeze out more than 200+ WHP as there is no fast and easy way of doing this. Like some of the guys here said..first healthy engine, crank shaft balancing, port&polish, aftermarket ecu, headers, camshaft...the list goes on.

Better think over it carefully and not take the wrong path at the beginning...if you are dead serious about a NA engine configuration ..then look at the Honda K20A engine first..IMHO.

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
ive seen a 202hp 4g93p with cams and microtech, tuned on the dynamics. i dont see y a beams with similar setup cant achieve similar hp reading?

Last edited:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
ive seen a 202hp with cams and microtech, tuned on the dynamics. i dont see y a beams with similar setup cant achieve similar hp reading?
Depends on FWD or RWD. RWD loses more power on wheel. If Auto GB even worse.
I seen mildly modded Red Top Beams putting out more than 200hp on wheel but on a FWD configuration...

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
ive seen a 202hp with cams and microtech, tuned on the dynamics. i dont see y a beams with similar setup cant achieve similar hp reading?
Nobody said it cannot be done! First is to figure out what purpose you want it done for;race,rally ,drag or daily drive.

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Anyways check this out:-toyota Altezza - Race cars for sale

love the xtrac gearbox!!

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
if its a simple feat, i dont see y there are comments to go for 1j laa, turbo laa, kan? id rather read a discussion to make dat 200hp at the so called wheel, lol

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
well, there are also others who just talk n talk only...coz they are clueless as to wat they want.

bottom line is, all else being equal...if u have the dough, u can make >200whp on the 3S engine. Bummer, u can even put in a high revving v8 into the altezza...

lolx

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
like i said, id be more interested in reading making a beams engine >200hp, especially if the reading is made on a dyno dynamics, not simply plonking a v8 in it. handling is gonna suffer big time with a v8 infront imo

so, what is the option for cams for the beams then? iam assuming a beams has twin vvti? any management dat can control and maximize those tak?

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
Nitrous will be the cheapest power over money solution...a simple press and u get a healthy 30hp shot...But if u want to run so high hp daily that means u have to pump ron97 daily too...If not then u have to run with methanol to increase the fuel

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
aiyah...this guy SIL80-13 never satisfy with 1.6 machine..go to 2.0 ha ha... you have select 2 type which has their own strength...

btw..this car for sport & family rite..ha ha ha..
to much mod..think about fuel, durablility..
powderful yesss la..when mod..but i know you crazyy...sure do one..money is second issue...he he..enjoy ride with alitezza yea...

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
like i said, id be more interested in reading making a beams engine >200hp, especially if the reading is made on a dyno dynamics, not simply plonking a v8 in it. handling is gonna suffer big time with a v8 infront imo

so, what is the option for cams for the beams then? iam assuming a beams has twin vvti? any management dat can control and maximize those tak?
BTW is your car Auto or Manual?.

Toda Power has a comprehensive list of parts for Altezza.

TODA RACING - Camshaft
TODA RACING - Piston
TODA RACING - Piston
TODA RACING - Piston
TODA RACING - Chrome Molly Flywheel

For ECU you may want to try HKS FCON Vpro
HKS F-CON V Pro

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
if its a simple feat, i dont see y there are comments to go for 1j laa, turbo laa, kan? id rather read a discussion to make dat 200hp at the so called wheel, lol
SIMPLE FEAT....then just DO it...thread starter asked can it be done....ITS BEEN DONE

assembling the engine is only half the work.Does any manufacturer or race team posts their fuel map and tuning.

Anyone who has successfully gone down this path I congratulate you...seriously

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

reading!!...letting others try first...come on

Aiya!..handling issue....tell that to the Petronas syntium team ;first with their 3.5l BMW Z4 inline 6 and now their 6.2l Mercedes sls amg -a big v8

cams..bro AEG provided the links

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
SIMPLE FEAT....then just DO it...thread starter asked can it be done....ITS BEEN DONE

assembling the engine is only half the work.Does any manufacturer or race team posts their fuel map and tuning.

Anyone who has successfully gone down this path I congratulate you...seriously

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

reading!!...letting others try first...come on

Aiya!..handling issue....tell that to the Petronas syntium team ;first with their 3.5l BMW Z4 inline 6 and now their 6.2l Mercedes sls amg -a big v8

cams..bro AEG provided the links
yeah... i forgot to mention....dont fall off the chair when you convert Yen to MYR....:rofl:
Cams alone not enough...cam pully...and most importantly a decent ECU like VPRO. If you got the budget for it then why not.....

But if you are looking for Power Vs Dollar spent then force induction does sound like a good package...whether 1JZ or 3S-Turbo

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
wow, group flames, lol

i dont play tezza, i prefer 4gs and 4es, been playing these for years dah, 186hp for the 4e twice dat for the 4g6xt, so by saying iam letting others to try first is kinda.. insulting? there was a different when i drove wiras with 93 and 63t on ulu yam's corners, so a v8 definitely will upset the original handling. petronas what..? u sir, are talking about a race team, kan? i believe they had to mod the chassis to balance the weight, kan? not simply plonking a bigger engine inside the z, kan? ive personally seen an FD3s handling fecked up when installed with a mere 2jzgte, the engine had to be shoved further into the chasis to correct the problem, and the handling was still not up to parr.. so, please enlighten me again on how bigger mass up front doesnt affect the original handling again? for street application now, can? as long as i remember, even a supra for GTJ used a 3s for racing purpose, i wonder what for?

if a 200hp at the so called wheel beams had been done, maybe sumbody shud explain how to do it to the ts? most posts i read deviated from giving a straight answer. like i said, iam here to read jer, simply because iam not using the same engine..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Right off the factory floor, the Honda CR-Z could be labeled quite a decent hot hatch. It might not be leaving rubber strips on the apexes of corners like its Civic Type-R sibling but it has received some promising reviews from the motoring press.<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience