Basic Performance upgrade

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
bro vr2turbo, yes safe point is 1 bar even if condition of the car is less healthy. I started off with 0.9 bar and slowly increased to 1.3 bar. I was using 1.1-1.2 bar for almost 2 years without a problem. But max I've been to in my stock setup (TD04, TMIC, stock ECU, stock cam, no fuel regulator, decat & straight flow) was just 1.3 bar. Only during tuning of manual boost controller we've reached 1.5 bar for a brief moment.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
bro vr2turbo, yes safe point is 1 bar even if condition of the car is less healthy. I started off with 0.9 bar and slowly increased to 1.3 bar. I was using 1.1-1.2 bar for almost 2 years without a problem. But max I've been to in my stock setup (TD04, TMIC, stock ECU, stock cam, no fuel regulator, decat & straight flow) was just 1.3 bar. Only during tuning of manual boost controller we've reached 1.5 bar for a brief moment.
Probably your fueling already pretty high. My vacuum hose broke and had a brief encounter boosting pass 1. Initially did not know, was wondering why the power much better but had some misfiring, so when check boost meter saw it going over 1...hahaha Tube replaced, so now back to 0.6 only. Going to attempt modding it a bit higher....:biggrin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
hmm... fueling high? But it was stock ECU mapping and stock fuel pump back then. Which means it was just like any standard Airtrek from the factory.

I remembered once my the boost controller had some issues (clogging), it dropped down to 0.6 bar. Then I was accelerating with 0.6 bar and suddenly the boost came back to 1.2 bar during full throttle, there was a moment like it was injecting NOS. A sudden push back to the seat with strong g-force. Therefore I was able to tell the difference between 0.6 and 1.2, which was BIG!

Since then, I've been fantasying to buy a e-boost controller with scramble boost function. Hahaha...

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Misfiring at high revs maybe because of your plugs are due for change.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hmm... fueling high? But it was stock ECU mapping and stock fuel pump back then. Which means it was just like any standard Airtrek from the factory.

I remembered once my the boost controller had some issues (clogging), it dropped down to 0.6 bar. Then I was accelerating with 0.6 bar and suddenly the boost came back to 1.2 bar during full throttle, there was a moment like it was injecting NOS. A sudden push back to the seat with strong g-force. Therefore I was able to tell the difference between 0.6 and 1.2, which was BIG!

Since then, I've been fantasying to buy a e-boost controller with scramble boost function. Hahaha...

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Misfiring at high revs maybe because of your plugs are due for change.
Yup, when the boost went over 0.6 to 1 the pull was totally different.....hahahahha:biggrin::adore:

As far as I know, Standard fueling for turbo is already slightly higher.
The misfiring more of jerk, like a moment, current was cut. Could be due to over boost. After I got the vacuum hose replaced no more such issues....:smokin:

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
So, did the upgrade you hv listed improved the performance of your car?
will feel the Boost more power.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

From the list the engine should be smoother, but number 5 looks interesting. If he has set the boost higher definitely much more power....:driver:
i set between on 1 - 1.1 bar.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Get a MBC installed and raise your boost la... :) hehehe..
Soon soon.......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

will feel the Boost more power.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

i set between on 1 - 1.1 bar.
1.1 boost very good already....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

See yourself as a race car driver but don't know where or how to kickstart this glamorous career? Wonder no more as the 2 great motorsport forces of Malaysia, TOC Automotive College (TOC) and professional race team Aylezo Motorsports have recently collaborated to form the TOC-Aylezo Racing Academy...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience