Baby Cayenne confirmed: coming soon in 2013!

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

I suppose it was inevitable; Porsche recently announced that the name for the new SUV in their line-up is Macan. Derived from the Indonesian word for tiger, it is said to combine suppleness, power, fascination and dynamics - core characteristics of this new car. This new SUV is said to slot in below the Cayenne.

The Macan will be sixth in the model line-up (behind the 911, Boxster, Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera) and Porsche intends for it to emulate the success of the Cayenne. Based on the sheer number of Cayennes on the roads in the world (just look at how many there are on the roads in Malaysia!), I think that this is a brilliant move by the folks in Stuttgart. Slated for production in Leipzig in 2013, this site will expand into a fully-fledged production plant that includes body assembly line and paint shop; one of the biggest building projects in Porsche's corporate history, costing an eye-watering 500 million Euros.

Very little is known about the Macan at time of writing, but we can expect that it will be based loosely on the Q5 platform. So a lifestyle focused vehicle, for folks who want prestige, does not need the excessive space in the Cayenne but need the option of having some space for those 'just in case' moments. Personally, I can't wait to see how this pans out.

The Porsche Macan is coming. - YouTube

Attachments

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
..."Derived from the Indonesian word for tiger,"....

sure? i think maybe derived from Malaysian Indian community for brotherhood...

wait, that's right MACHA?.....

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Not just the Evoque; I suspect this will compete against the X3 and Q5 markets. Will be an interesting battle, depending on how the Macan will be priced.

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
No clues to that all, but I suspect that the most powerful variant will be a sub 3-litre petrol V6.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

how does having a larger intercooler piping,lets say 4" , bigger plenum and bigger throttle helps in gaining performance? how would it affect otherwise? heard that it will bogged down like hell if things are not done properly. very interested in it.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience