B4110 Project

stix

Oct 6, 2010
myy
what kind of muffler you planning to use?straight flow? airmaster has the only bodykit which still maintain the inspira look.how about the r3 bodykit?

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Hi DM3, maybe I am an incompetent computer user, I have problems registering into the forum. Exhaust: I really dont care on the design but I feel that my exhaust is not free flowing despite having a new rear box. Its due to the poor resonator I put in as a replacement for my cat. However the resonator has since "Konk". Will bring the car to K Weng today.
My other grouse is the slow manual gear box. Especially when I change from 5th to 4th gear. Even on neutral when move it to 4th gear with the clutch engage I can sometimes hear the crunching sound.
Anyone experiencing this?
I thought I was good in manual gearboxes, but Inspira gearbox puzzles me.
All this are small problems, I am sure if I change to the right gearbox oil like Motul, all this problems will go away: But I have been lazy, just using Proton"s Free Service program.
Dont like the Airmaster look. I think I will stick to the simple Mit Lancer GT look.
Dp a proper replica so that long term I can sell the car wt the kit:
The kit GT400, looks nice in photo's but look cheap in real life.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
Bro James,

the system on php forum abit crappy, just resubmit without refilling the particulars except the Captcha phrases. thanks for tryin.

i initially thought theres prob with the gear change, but somehow the depress of clutch plays the part on avoiding the crunch . so far ok.
fyi the G/box is frm mitsu the FMM5B (as prton cant mate the engine with their own g/box)

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Thanks for your information: Looking for a new aftermarket clutch: DM3 when you want to meet up????
Lets target something for next year for modded Inspira's
Let me fix up my body kit soon.
Then we can have a photo shoot at Sepang, I can arrange!!!!!
By the way my modded brakes was able to take the 10 Lap walloping in Sepang where I brake at 180KMH at 100 meters fopr Turn 1 for all 10 Laps.

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

But I have decided, I will swap to a Polo GTI next year: I wanted to pay the deposit last 2 weeks but VW said that they could not accept the deposit as there are not enough cars plus there could be an increase in Duty as Kastams may have comkplained that duty paid is too low, RM130+ for a Turbo / Supercharge + DSG - Great Value for Money

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
yea hopefully 1 day we meet up, normally i go down pj for short trip like coming weekend.
very rush this trip.

wah go to small car? polo? its nice rocket car ,but the ckd polo sedan n passat comin soon.
as usual stupid gvt are controlling prices to protect other car makers. damn crap.

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Just did exhaust at Kaki Exhaust, now have complete 4 - 2 - 1 Extractor with new mid section and muffler. Oklah, car feels lighter. Looking for a set of cams to complete everything and move on to the body work mods. Then sell the car. Ha Ha.

stix

Oct 6, 2010
myy
wonder if the 4b11 cams have a more higher timing than our 4b10.if yes then theoretically it should be plug and play?

Sylver

Jan 6, 2010
Subang Jaya
Hi bro James, how's the car performance after the extractor mod? stayed with single muffler or double pipes like the Evo? :burnout:

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
james,

wah do up here and there and sell it so soon?
dont la must TT some time together :P

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Single Muffler: But exhaust note, very boomy: May have to tear out the OE 2nd mid muffler and put in another bigger muffler: I will dyno soon. Matspeed has a regrinded cam for B410, it cost RM1800 including installation: Tuning is via open source.
Lets put in a good body kit and maybe the image will be transformed.
I will be putting in my 18" back: Front Conti;s now at 50%

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
totally agree that brakes should be the first upgrade to be done on any car! safety first. getting steel braided hoses will tighten up the braking but best to include a good set of pads. james, have you tried getting the hoses and better pads before changing to the 4pots now?

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Another alternative is to buy the 350mm Tar Ox upgrade disc from Speedworks. But steel braided hoses is a must. Will eliminate spungyness.

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
james, where and how to get the open source reflashing prog? i m thinking of a remap but A12 costs RM1999. sheesh. i m using 1.8CVT. how effective is the reflash on it?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Goodwood Festival of Speed was the stage for the debut of the Mugen CR-Z that has been hyped all over the interwebs but Mugen also brought along another tuned hybrid to the celebration of all things automotively speedy.

Like all good things, it would appear that tuned Mugen hybrids come in pairs as the tuner unveiled the more and track-focused CR-Z Mugen RR concept. As the more aggressive aero suggest...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience