B16a full engine overhaul

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
it depends on wat u wanna overhaul and wat parts will be changed... wats wrong with ur engine in the first place?

perhaps look into engine kosong..might end up being cheaper

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
valve seals are cheap.. even supertech ones goes for about rm200 per set. if its really the valve seals, then no need to bring down the engine which will be a cheap cost....but if ur piston rings are worn.. that alone is a diff story...

since the "damage" and repair cost can vary alot... suggest u bring it to a reputable workshop and get a quote of all the possibilities...

Whiteknight

Jan 22, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks madman for your advice.
Have been checking and the compression is about 90 for one of the pistons. Weak rings I guess. I have Been advised that on a budget basis to replace valve seals and made the b16a head to a 2Ll crv block with minimal changes to other areas except retuning the air fuel ratio.....rebuilding the whole engine with replacing the pistons n rings is a more expensive affair......I am on a budget so what would hondarians advice.....at a crossroad now.....pls share your experience if any......minimal road use more for track use......tq

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
if more for track use avoid the 2L conversion. reliability will be an issue

stick with B16A if u can... they are very reliable and have an almost perfect rod/stroke ratio making them very suitable for lots of revving.

u can try finding B16A blocks to just directly fit to ur engine. otherwise, B16B and B18C are also options...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to everyone, is there anyone here still rocking on a wira in 2020? Would like to know any modifications guide / maintenance I should do to get some performance in my old wira hehe. Since the car is quite old and I think I should do some maintenance of the car to keep it running good. Is there any DIY cleaning or maintenance I should do?

Things I already done:
- Cleaning spark plugs
- Engine Bay cleaning
- Fuel Filter change
- Engine Oil & Oil Filter Change (Motul 4100 turbolight)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience