B16a Engine Simple Modification

lanusin

Jul 24, 2005
PENANG
drive shaft bukan kena tengok gearbox sama ka LSD ka dak??

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
i tot sum1 offering K20AR conversio siap w Hondata 4 RM33K nego?ehheheheh....

btw,no engine mounting long stowee dy ler..but d agung story lagi llooooonnngggggg...ahahahaha

apexivafc04

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
Its great to see all sifus are expressing their opinion and experience on this tread. But honestly i dont understand what all sifus are expressing but its ok cos i'm still a newbie in this VTEC modification. I'm trying to learn. My project of simple engine modification will begin next monday. In my town where only a few people are playing with honda(serious one can count) and also no tuner are willing to mod especially VTEC engine, i am now depend on my friend to mod my car. No dyno centre, no expert in tuning fuel management and blah..blah..its hard get a good results in tuning. But its ok.. cos i love VTEC.. LONG LIVE VTEC.:regular_smile:

I will let know what is the result next week to see whether this simple modification really come in day and night. Thanks and cheers!:regular_smile:

apexivafc04

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
akuma said:
NOOOO!!!dun reveal whr u stay wait all dis setans come corrupt u!hahahhha
ha..ha.. you are such a good joker.. if i reveal my place to all sifus maybe they will laugh at me..you can imagine that people live on top of the trees!

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
If people live in trees.. not surprising at all.. if you say you park your cars in tress.. that... I want to WATCH!

apexivafc04

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
To all sifus again, my setting for fuel pressure regulator(FSE brand) is 36psi. Sometimes when i run my car and stop then check the pressure it drop to 30psi. The car power will feel sluggish, so i increase the pressure to 36psi again and run the car again to see what is the pressure and to my horror is pressure jump to 42psi...(headache).. So sifus.. it is due to the fuel pump or the fuel pressure regulator? Also everytime i stop the car i can smell petrol from the engine bay..Thanks and cheers!

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
best thg 2 do is plan ur mod in stages....once everythg u wan is in,go 4 a proper dyno tuning session...dats d best way 2 tune d engine rather thn guesstimate like wat ur doing now w d fpr....
cheers....

xxxx,
sharap..faham tak?DUSH!!

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
apexivafc04 said:
To all sifus again, my setting for fuel pressure regulator(FSE brand) is 36psi. Sometimes when i run my car and stop then check the pressure it drop to 30psi. The car power will feel sluggish, so i increase the pressure to 36psi again and run the car again to see what is the pressure and to my horror is pressure jump to 42psi...(headache).. So sifus.. it is due to the fuel pump or the fuel pressure regulator? Also everytime i stop the car i can smell petrol from the engine bay..Thanks and cheers!
If your FPR oso cannot stay constant.. better check a lot of stuff.

petrol from engine bay? check fuel lines...

Pressure not regular? Measure voltage to FPR.. or check fuel pump.. if voltage fluctuates, or the pump is not working properly/tersumbat.. can also cause the pressure become irregular....

Could also be electrical gremlins causing all that stuff on the FPR.

Have to check each and everyone for problems.. then change the setting of the FPR.. simply using the FPR to compensate for fuelling will inherently fail.

Like others have said.. if pressure also cannot keep constant.. there's probably other problems.