B16a Engine Simple Modification

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
hehe.....akuma.....b16a n b16b almost the same.....but there's some small details that r not the same....

those ppl who doesn't know will say same same.....but in fact.....they need to do more research......no offence k?

apexivafc04

Known Member
Nov 19, 2004
Almost dont know what to say, anyway thanks alot all sifus!!

Yes, i heard that aerospeed adj cam pulley are inaccurate. Is using the ctr cams make ur car idle rough? What about the ignition timing setting? Stock is 16 degree.
When i first purchase the halfcut there is no rev limit. That mean there is no fuel cut, with the ctr cam and valve spring what rpm limit should i rev to before gear shifting?
Can i change the crankpulley to more lighter one.
Thanks and cheers!:regular_smile:

c00lric

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
U wont hav the rough idle by using ctr cams. They r just higher profile compare to b16a cams. U can change to lighten crankpulley. No harms done. About the max rev, may da otais n sifus can help ya on this. Happy modding.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
theres no rough idle on CTR cams. leave the ignition at base setup as you are not dialling the intake cams.
to be safe, dun happily rev your car to extreme even there is no rev,fuel,speed cut. since its from the halfcut, god knows what happens in between japan and malaysia unless u wanna rebuild entirely.

if you have a balanced engine after a full rebuild, the lighten crank pulley would serve the purpose. in the mean time, just save the money.

cheers

apexivafc04 said:
Almost dont know what to say, anyway thanks alot all sifus!!

Yes, i heard that aerospeed adj cam pulley are inaccurate. Is using the ctr cams make ur car idle rough? What about the ignition timing setting? Stock is 16 degree.
When i first purchase the halfcut there is no rev limit. That mean there is no fuel cut, with the ctr cam and valve spring what rpm limit should i rev to before gear shifting?
Can i change the crankpulley to more lighter one.
Thanks and cheers!:regular_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It appears to be the end of the road for the legendary Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, at least that seems to be the case, as Mitsubishi’s head of Global Product Development, Gayu Eusegi, has mentioned that the Evo X will be the last Evo derivative made by the Japanese automaker.

The Evo no longer features in the plans of the carmaker as Eusegi says that the company is shifting its strategy to put their focus...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience