B-series gearbox question

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
i got tepr r lma.. hehe
Yeah.. plonking in those.. getting new ones. :P

Now debating if I can stretch just a bit futher for flat valves, but new tires and timing belt/water pump maintainance bill coming soon :P

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
Since bukit akina is my route everyday, I need more torque. seem like dis 4.7FD is the answer. Heard dat dis 4.7 kill your top speed but not everyday i used heway.

aduiii...found only RM30.45 inside my chicken tabung. Need to korek the watermelon tabung after dis :P
not very obvious the speed different. can easily get 220kmph... if compare to 4.4 u'll be at 220 faster than 4.4. by that time if found that u already on ur top speed then slow down to show that u give chance to 4.4 laa... haha

IVAN TAN

Known Member
Nov 13, 2006
hi sifu~~~
now i using B18C1 with B20B block~auto transmission~honda eg8
planing to change manuel gearbox...:joyman:
heard tat the cable type gearbox is cheaper than pump 1...
wat different between cable and pump???
and wat use of lsd in a FF car???coz the price is so expensive...:bawling:
and any kaki got performance parts for sell???
coz my car now like turtle~~~:turtle:
thanks for helping~[/quote

HI, i hv a set of performance brke for sale

eg9 performance rotor ( uk) c/w EBC green stuff pad,both are used 5k km only,jus plug & play for ur eg8
selling @ 700.00 nego, if interesting pls cal 0123203713,tq

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
new one RM80/unit rite?
For the LMA or the flat valves? (O_o)

Actually I'm not even sure it's called the LMA.. for me, it looks like a bullet, a spring loaded tip, and the mid rocker sits on it.. (O_o)

From what i've heard, this parts usually fails if you rev too high without v-tec turning on because the mid rocker floats on this, causing wear and etc.

Last edited:

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
beside the 4.7 fd from the itr, what other fd ratio could i get? beside the R, the rest going to cost way more? the cap sudu stuff never come cheap :(

off topic: beside valve spring & retainers, what else is important to prevent crash boom bang during high rev?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
5.0 by what company?

I think the concern would be with the fifth gear with 5.0.. I think for 100kmh crusing with a .747 fifth gear (I think around there for the R/GSR G/box, not bothering to look up the spec sheet, so it may be off a bit) the engine speed will be 4K or so.. Don't think this is a concern for track cars, but for street cars.

so which the ratio to be used for 5th then for daily drivers?

I think the choice of FD ratios kind of depends on the powerband of the engine though.
if you have a lot of torque in the 7-9K range, then I think higher FD ratios can help you net faster times.

hopefully I'll get a gearbox at the end of december to test.

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
what sort of application are you doing? track? drag? autocross? no speed limit highways?

lowering the final drives are not an answer to all. u can always change your individual gears. or even use better tyres to for traction.

u have to try it to know since everyone has different setup and torque.

beside the 4.7 fd from the itr, what other fd ratio could i get? beside the R, the rest going to cost way more? the cap sudu stuff never come cheap :(

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
mainly street driving and sometimes drag. my 4.4 fd seems not ideal for drag.

I3en_I3en

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
YOKOHAMA
cref-ms.jp
hi sifu~~~
now i using B18C1 with B20B block~auto transmission~honda eg8
planing to change manuel gearbox...:joyman:
heard tat the cable type gearbox is cheaper than pump 1...
wat different between cable and pump???
and wat use of lsd in a FF car???coz the price is so expensive...:bawling:
and any kaki got performance parts for sell???
coz my car now like turtle~~~:turtle:
thanks for helping~[/quote

HI, i hv a set of performance brke for sale

eg9 performance rotor ( uk) c/w EBC green stuff pad,both are used 5k km only,jus plug & play for ur eg8
selling @ 700.00 nego, if interesting pls cal 0123203713,tq
thx bro~
now using odessey caliper and rotor~

camshaft

Known Member
Nov 3, 2006
guys...if wanna change to manual b series gearbox...whats the price for the auto gearbox can be sell or trade in?

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
guys, i always wondered in terms of the g/box housing size, is the eg9 say the y21 n the ek9 say the s4c the same size...... n would the s4c fit in the eg easily or some mods is needed?

SA6YEuro

500 RPM
Feb 24, 2004
Sin City
Visit site
hattech, nice talkin 2 u...

i wonder u know any1 tt has done this b4? fittin a hydro gbox in2 a original cable tranny chasis of the DA6.....

actually i got this idea from the 92 DA6..... this model wif the vtec besar runs on a hydro tranny exactly like the EGs.... the rational is the mounting should b the same... i think so...

any1 done anything like this b4?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A quick glance at this, and you could easily mistake this for just another 458 Italia. But the stickers scream 'RACE', and when you run your eyes across the finer details, you will notice the single bolt wheels. Typical. You see single bolt wheels, and you already know that this car has a purpose. In fact, every car with single bolt wheels have the same purpose -...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience