Automotive technicians save lives with proper technical training

Edward_Lee

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
With tat some of money i already did my Deg in UK Uni of Sunderland ......
Don't just go there just because of brand, find out their quality and capability 1st !
Thank god i didn't choose TOC for my diploma and manage to get another better choice with a fair price !!!

We at TOC wish to apologise to all of our students for whatever negative experience you have faced while studying here. We grow, and we learn and we improve everyday. From the comments, we gather that most of you used to be students here. Granted that we were not up to par to some of your expectations, but we were in the infancy stage back then. Rest assured that we are constantly trying to improve, one of the ways is by gathering feedback from you guys.

Also, please stand corrected Dean, Diploma in Motorsport Technology was only offered in year 2009 onwards. Yes, the price for this course has increased, but the reason for this is due to the increase of prices for products used for this course, as well as the additional tools and facilities that TOC has invested in the course – engine blueprinting lab and the dynojet as examples.

Jun 28, 2010
kuching
i have a strong interest to study dip in motorsport at TOC... but because of a bad comment that the ex students post not only on this page but also on other forums of toc,, have made me think twice, even if i think tenth time i still dont know either ill be studying there or i shud go to other college n study other courses...:hmmmm: n thanks to all the ex student for commenting their experience at TOC :adore:

nafiiio

Known Member
Aug 22, 2006
2008 - Diploma in Motorsports Technology : RM3XK
2009 - Diploma in Motorsports Technology : RM46K
2010 - Diploma in Motorsports Technology : RM7XK

Twice the price for half the facilities and quality. bullshit

Whoaaa.... 70k for just Diploma ... no need to think twice ... think once only u might notice. I think with that price we can get better DEGREE at private U ...

abgDOL

Jan 21, 2010
terennganu
i'm spending around rm 220 per semester to reg diploma automotive engineering at psmza dungun hahahaha...
but not as good as TOC kot, because our politeknik only provide proton wira for their student to hone their skills hahahahaha...
owh..so what i heard about repairing, diagnosis new car at TOC is not true laaa..hurmmm....

i have a strong interest to study dip in motorsport at TOC... but because of a bad comment that the ex students post not only on this page but also on other forums of toc,, have made me think twice, even if i think tenth time i still dont know either ill be studying there or i shud go to other college n study other courses...:hmmmm: n thanks to all the ex student for commenting their experience at TOC :adore:
Dear cardsym ix,

First of all, let us thank you for your interest in our Diploma in Motorsport. At the end of the day, it is important that you remember that everyone has their own opinions on things, and ultimately, what and where you want to study is a choice you have to make. =) We are currently the only college in Malaysia offering a motorsport course and we strongly urge you to visit our college if you haven’t done so already. This is just for you to see with your own eyes what TOC has to offer, so that you make an informed choice, whether or not you choose to study here. If you have concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us – head over to our website, or if you’d prefer, call our Sabah office at 088 488 950 or contact our main campus at 03 7955 2811.

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Whoaaa.... 70k for just Diploma ... no need to think twice ... think once only u might notice. I think with that price we can get better DEGREE at private U ...
Dear nafiiio,

Please note that our Diploma in Motorsport Technology is not priced at "RM7Xk". Yes, the fees has increased from 2009 but again, it is only reflective of the investment we put into the facilities. Also, it is important to understand that every course offered is different in the sense of the contents and methods of delivery. TOC promises more practical work than pen and paper type of studying, and this plays a part in the structure of the fees. We at TOC tries our best to constantly update our vehicles and tools for our students to learn with.*

Jan 26, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hello Everyone :itsme: and a big hello to TOC..

Well, i'll get straight to the point. By no means have i ever recommended TOC to anyone nor have i ever heard any good feedback from students even before i joined but the truth is the truth. There are many flaws within TOC's management and overall system and by far the most severe is its lack of concern for both its students and *i think* employees well-being. (I notice a moderate turnover rate with TOC's staff. why? i would so love to know)

For example, why does TOC not have a counselor to cater to and help rectify their problems and issues?

why must the rules be so stringent?

if it has to do with the credit hours of each student why not make it 4 weeks per class, and allow slightly more leeway + the counselor to help with certain issues?

I think at the current rate of most student that i know, almost none will complete their course in the projected time mostly due to all these flaws within TOC.

I strongly propose TOC finds a new CEO thats more capable of running an educational institute than dear miss adeline:stupid:. I have no respect for a manager of men that has never met its subordinates, namely us students.

well, good luck TOC and to all aspiring automotive souls, make sure you think long and hard and do ask around before you join TOC.

I can assure you TOC that you have caused many of us more difficulty than ease.

Adios Pendejo :burnout:

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

And by the way TOC, your apologies and excuses does not reimburse us of the Thousands of Ringgit we spend only to fall prey to a system that (as it seems) tries its hardest to "milk" us of our money.

alantan

3,000 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
kl
Visit site
Dear TOCMalaysia,

i sent my brother into TOC about 1 1/2 years ago. He enjoy his time spent in TOC because for many years he had a burning passion into cars/automotive in general and not because of your facilities and your philipines tutor(your cheap labour). I'm not racist but it used to be better when they were more experience and well spoken tutor/instructor/lecturer. The issue with the current academic team is the delivery of lessons.

The general group of interest that joined the TOC are mostly ' not well spoken english kids' . Phillipines english for one is different too.

Stop marketing yourself in this manner esp in zth. you did not respond to the comments by others except for the one which is enquiring. that really piss me off.

last but not least, i just think the money paid by the students deserves a better quality of education from the school. your phillipines lecturer is underpaid and overworked. which of course TOC is ignoring la. Good Luck by puting up an ads in zth.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Another issue with your school is about the attendance regulations. its good to be strict but the parents feels like being cheated.

which MQA regulation did you follow? My MQA regulation did not state the law you have. bottom line, everything is drowned to money and more money.

guys, think harder. there's more automotive school around. no school is the ultimate or the best.

Elemental

Aug 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Fees too expensive? Maybe they been spending too much on their advertisement, by selecting the Former F1 driver who used to spun out atleast 2 times at a same corner, and even failed to qualify for race - The only man in F1 history - Alex Yoong. :marchmellow:

Diploma in Motorsports Technology - Mind sharing with us, what's TOC greatest achievement so far in motorsports industry?

From the feedback from ur ex-students..TOC looks like those "Paria Lousy Tyre shops which con to survive" that i used to post as a topic. $$$$$$$$$

Last edited:

bongbong10

Known Member
Apr 29, 2010
sarawak
YES toc..i know u invest a lot in ur course,facilities and etc...but hey, we as ex toc student nver had change to try or use the dynojet and engine blueprinting..

hmm TOC did u invest in ur MANAGEMENT AND WORKERS?...MANAGEMENT Is bad,why dont invest something or someone to do something about it, and i do agree some people are good and some lazy so( i din complete my C&G diploma level due to have external practical exam which no tutors or people inform us and only told us that only have external exam that is objective and subjective.)

the best of toc i being there so far is getting know new frens, learn the basic of principals automotive..thx TOC..:)

kairigi

Known Member
Jan 20, 2010
Petaling Jaya
www.facebook.com
It's not hard to wonder why my friends have all quit and moved to Despark or RIAM in Miri. I've learnt more stuff from the crowd than the college.

As much reasons as your Student Center can give, we have almost more questions for the excuses that your management can supply.

The chameleon R35 owned by someone on top of TOC is having fun roaming around with friends and the best part : Its our money.

It's always about money. Is there no way to see less Ringgit digits and more study quality?

Talking about money, even the Filipino sirs themselves complain about their pay.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
just learn from sifu's in zth enuf edi, the fees from TOC are rediculous.
go to any workshop, ask for vacancy, start as a workshop assistant & slowly work your way up to sr foreman at least u get paid, but thats not important, the experiences does.... maybe 1 day u will open your workshop.

TOC students mostly end up at service centres, for example proton...hahaha.....wat a joke.

neokenzo

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
PJ
So everything TOC decides to buy or upgrade something for themselves, they start charging the students for it? Well done.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Bosses.

I am a newbie for this forum.
The story is like that

i just place the booking fee to a second hand car dealer for a CR-Z
Details:
Mileage: 16k
Manufacture date: 2012
register date: sept 2012

So the CR-Z exhaust pipe and the open port has been modified
beside that,
the power bank/ power charger also been installed.

Under these modified,
Does the car engine warranty and battery warranty still valid?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience