ATF. Stick to stock or use hifi I.E Torco?

Darth Evillus

Known Member
Jan 16, 2019
Any difference using high performance Atf? Abit dubious bec it's function is only for changing gear. Worth the extra money?

brokenjars

Known Member
Jun 7, 2012
Kedah
Specs the same then you can try. My 6 speed c160 gearbox grinds if i fast shift into second gear even flush and use new oem toyota gear oil. After trying redline mt90, no more grinding, more buttery gear change.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
if using stock no issue, then just use stock. unless having issues like gear slipping after spirited driving or u add more torque and horsies coz of performance upgrade etc, performance ATF and cooler will help a lot. or u can also add additive with the stock atf when servicing.

i'm using pennzoil platinum LV multi-vehicle (not really performance atf like redline, and it's cheap RM75/4L and it is fully syn compare to mitsu diaqueen which is semi syn and cost RM95-110/4L) for my car with lubegard platinum but this is because i'm using a 4wd mitsubishi autobox on my 4g93 and that autobox needs about close 5 litres ++ of atf after draining. LOL.

Reactions: 6UE5t

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
if using stock no issue, then just use stock. unless having issues like gear slipping after spirited driving or u add more torque and horsies coz of performance upgrade etc, performance ATF and cooler will help a lot. or u can also add additive with the stock atf when servicing.

i'm using pennzoil platinum LV multi-vehicle (not really performance atf like redline, and it's cheap RM75/4L and it is fully syn compare to mitsu diaqueen which is semi syn and cost RM95-110/4L) for my car with lubegard platinum but this is because i'm using a 4wd mitsubishi autobox on my 4g93 and that autobox needs about close 5 litres ++ of atf after draining. LOL.
I also using Pennzoil Multi Vehicle ATF for my Chery with lubegard.......lol

Reactions: sanekit

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Weleh, so cheap! My Toyota WS ATF normally around rm150, cheapest still rm120. Is that Penzoil compatible for WS type too?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
I also using Pennzoil Multi Vehicle ATF for my Chery with lubegard.......lol
bestest combination ever! hahahaha
Weleh, so cheap! My Toyota WS ATF normally around rm150, cheapest still rm120. Is that Penzoil compatible for WS type too?
oh yes it is compatible with Toyota WS/Aisin JWS 3324 as stated on pennzoil website. i got mine from sparepart shop for that price.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
For Daihatsu/Perodua gearbox best stick to Castrol Dexron III(H) or Shell Spirax black bottle. You pour in Pennzoil Platinum ATF and it'll slip.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
For Daihatsu/Perodua gearbox best stick to Castrol Dexron III(H) or Shell Spirax black bottle. You pour in Pennzoil Platinum ATF and it'll slip.
Means too slippery? I remember those motor bike days, they ask not to use good oil in wet clutches.....lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Means too slippery? I remember those motor bike days, they ask not to use good oil in wet clutches.....lol
Yeah, for some reason from cold using those Multi ATF it will slip. In any case, ATF in cars like Perodua just change yearly or every 20,000km, whichever first. It's so cheap, no reason to skimp. If its a BMW 8 speed ZF, change yearly very poor. Almost 10x the Perodua.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Any difference using high performance Atf? Abit dubious bec it's function is only for changing gear. Worth the extra money?
My take is slightly different from everyone here. Even if your car is stock, what is the purpose you want to change to a higher performance oil?

Back when I still had an auto Wira, before I installed a ATF cooler I was on the stock Proton SPIII oil. I used to go Genting a lot and would use gear 2 and 1 a lot downhill. There was one time I managed to overcook the gearoil and once I reached the base of the hill and shifted to "D" it wouldn't go to the overdrive gear and stayed in 2. I stopped by the side of the road to let it cool down for about 15-20 minutes. It started shifting normally after cooling down, after that swapped out the ATF to Diaqueen SPIII. Never had the overheating GB problem after the switch. I personally think better ATF has better heat resistance (viscosity should be the same) and has higher tolerance to take a beating.

If you're just driving casually in town and don't really drag your gears much you don't really need high performance oil especially if there's nothing wrong with your GB. As long as you using original correct spec oil you're fine for everyday puttering around.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ineed ur guys help . If I want to modify a GTi engine without changing it . I want to do those things -

-Internal mods like port and polish
-blue printing
-camshaft 272 degree and afew more

After that the performance good liao hah ? Somemore need to do what else ? And does anyone know how much will it cost ? And where to do ? My location is in Cheras . Thanks .
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience