Atessa stop functioning after changed clutch n transfer case oil

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
Attessa stop functioning after changed clutch n transfer case - R32oil

Dear fellow skyliners, my atessa works like a charm before doing some maintenance on the transmission. Things that i did

Changed clutch
Gb oil,lsd oil, transfer case oil(atf matic d)
Lock hicas

After cmg out of the workshop, the 4wd lights up. The front torque meter no longer responding. Mech said that during flowing out the atf oil, it was black n smell burning. Appreciate your all views on this . Why my 4wd suddenly stop functioning. I checked that the reservoir bottle at the right back bonet side also below min level.

No more syiok without 4wd :banghead:

Last edited:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
what brand of oil u changed?
4wd still got i guess...just that the traction/yaw control thing not functioning properly....maybe,
must ask the skyline guru here.....:)

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
what brand of oil u changed?
4wd still got i guess...just that the traction/yaw control thing not functioning properly....maybe,
must ask the skyline guru here.....:)
The pomen used Castrol CVTS in the transfer case. I thought he is gonna use Nissan Matic D oil. are they the same? :smokin:

From manual Hydraulic control Attessa use Nissan special power steering fluid
Transfer case Nissan matic fluid D

Last edited:

eyong

4,000 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
Dear fellow skyliners, my atessa works like a charm before doing some maintenance on the transmission. Things that i did

Changed clutch
Gb oil,lsd oil, transfer case oil(atf matic d)
Lock hicas

After cmg out of the workshop, the 4wd lights up. The front torque meter no longer responding. Mech said that during flowing out the atf oil, it was black n smell burning. Appreciate your all views on this . Why my 4wd suddenly stop functioning. I checked that the reservoir bottle at the right back bonet side also below min level.

No more syiok without 4wd :banghead:

You may want to fill up the reservoir just slightly above the full-line. Check if during the bleed process if you have vent any air trapped in the transfer case bleed nipple, and well as the bleed nipple on the atessa pump at bottom right rear.

shark79

500 RPM
Sep 16, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
classicjapanesecars.blogspot.com
your 4wd still functioning only traction/yaw prob....drain th oil put matic D (dextron 3)...then check again where do you send your car? The car was normal before this right? logically there must be something wrong with the oil type or oil level...did you leave your car without supervision?

If im not mistaken cvt oils are thicker causing transmission without cvvt to overheat if you use them( correct me if im wrong)

Last edited:

bnr_32

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
You may want to fill up the reservoir just slightly above the full-line. Check if during the bleed process if you have vent any air trapped in the transfer case bleed nipple, and well as the bleed nipple on the atessa pump at bottom right rear.
As per eyong suggested, fill it up first and if the 4wd light is still on : for r32 - go and take a look at the attessa control unit. It should have a led flashing error code. For r33 and r34 - follow these instruction https://sites.google.com/site/tyndago/gt-rattesainfrormation Once you know what is the error than you know where is your problem and what need to be look at.

FYI if 4wd came on thats mean your the car is in 2wd mode all the time. And yes its sucks to have a gtr and running 2wd all the time :banghead:

And for the oil, any power steering or atf fluid (dextron III equivalent) will do.

Last edited:

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
Shark79: Before this it working normally.
Send back the car to the workshop. suspected the wet clutch plate has worn out since during the transfer case oil change since the oil was really black and smelt like burnt clutch. Currently we think that when changed the new oil which is thinner than the drained one, the clutch is slipping which causing the 4WD lights to come out. Changing the plates..And the reserve tank/bottle at the right side of the back bonet is for the clutch pump hydraulic lines the mech said. (which i think it's absurd, it should be the atessa 4wd hydraulic reserve tank). the clutch pump reserve tank is at the front engine bay near the master pump. :hmmmm:

Last edited:

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
Here is the error code. I read 18 & 22

Attessa R32 - YouTube

18 for ETS pressure switch or circuit

22 for ETS oil level switch or circuit

I hope this is just because of the empty reserve tank and bleeding work that the mech didn't do initially.

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
u sure the wiring is good for the sensors?
The wiring i think ok. Before this all working normal just the cigerett lighter not working

Btw the car now ok already after the mech did air bleeding properly on the attessa hydraulic system. How much different between cvts castrol oil with the power steering oil? Bcoz instead of using the power steering oil, he used cvts oil in the hydraulic line :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Currently driving a Myvi turbo which i plan to convert it back to stock and sell it and get a Performance Car.
Budget is 100K and below.
in dilemma on which car i can get my hands on and which is better in term of value for money.
Currentky my options are a few
Evo 7-( Hard to get loan for 7 Years and above )
Sti 8-( Maintenance kinda hefty )
Any more suggestions?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience