Asking about Mazda GTX/Interplay GTR

ariffzaiman

Sep 13, 2013
Selangor
Hello peoples, i just want to ask about Mazda GTX (BG8R-BPT) and Interplay GTR (BG8Z-BPD). My frenz told me that now this cars are hard to find and very rare. Not just cars, but spareparts also. Just to ask sifus here

- Is the spare parts are not easy to find? parts like OEM or kedai potong or aftermarket modify?

- How hard to find the cars like Interplay?

- My frenz say that Interplay original is 4wd, if want to convert can, but he don't advise bcoz he say that Interplay BG8Z 4WD gearbox and transfers case very weak, cannot take high horsepowers and cannot modify banyak since the 4wd not advance kind (he says is something VCU-type). So better stay 2wd, don't convert 4wd since 4wd also must cut floorpan and the 4wd not that good.

- Parts very expensive if want to find. Engine he say is very good and reliable, cannot rosak or breakdown easily.

Thankyou Sifus

ariffzaiman

Sep 13, 2013
Selangor
Thanks Mr Danzeterna....then in this case, not worth it to get this car? Just asking as a close friend got an offer for an interplay, and he has doubts whether to take it or not.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Thanks Mr Danzeterna....then in this case, not worth it to get this car? Just asking as a close friend got an offer for an interplay, and he has doubts whether to take it or not.
its a rare car, used to be one of my favaroite car same goes for the starlet GT almost identical.
but at that time it was an early 90's model going for more than rm30k.

i mean if he does have the passion for that car by all means go for it, he has to mix around with other interplay members to get more info bout the parts.

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
i saw one at a garage in subang specialize in (b8/b6/323/sampan and etc..) when i did a photoshoot.
behind the shop lays an original interplay 4wd chassis with everything stripped but just rear axle still intact.
rotting under rain and sun.

abdulwa

Aug 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I personally own mazda interplay gtr bg8z with 460 horse power. As far as spare part is concerned, it is still available but need to know where to find it. I got no issue of the spare parts. And off course, it is harder to find one relative to proton or perodua parts.
I totally not agreed that bg8z gearbox and its transfer case is very weak as I still use a stock one. No issue so far for daily use or long distance travel or at high speed.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

If anybody want to sell a body of interplay gtr, pls let me know. Still interested to built a twin monster.

ariffzaiman

Sep 13, 2013
Selangor
I personally own mazda interplay gtr bg8z with 460 horse power. As far as spare part is concerned, it is still available but need to know where to find it. I got no issue of the spare parts. And off course, it is harder to find one relative to proton or perodua parts.
I totally not agreed that bg8z gearbox and its transfer case is very weak as I still use a stock one. No issue so far for daily use or long distance travel or at high speed.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

If anybody want to sell a body of interplay gtr, pls let me know. Still interested to built a twin monster.
Wow!! And that means mr abdulwa, that the gearbox being weak is just something like myth that we can dismiss or mengarut je lebih kata gearbox tak tahan. In that case i should have my friend to refer to you then :burnout:

i saw one at a garage in subang specialize in (b8/b6/323/sampan and etc..) when i did a photoshoot.
behind the shop lays an original interplay 4wd chassis with everything stripped but just rear axle still intact.
rotting under rain and sun.
Oh is it? recently or long ago already mr wsukun? i believe this is at USJ1 Industrial Area right?

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
last month. the chassis still perfect, no collision whatsoever. minimal rust, white in color.
tucked behind the garage open air. the workshop near the warung eatery area.
cant exactly pinpoint the location here but i know the direction. mostly that should be a track chassis and cant register otr

jmohdazmi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
i know the owner of the workshop..his name is Amir. My old fren. You can message me if you want his phone no..old timer B8 he is..

cheers..

azmi

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi to all zth member...just wanna ask sifu2 what is the diffrence between evo3 and standart gti gearbox..:stupid:.since in driving with my stock gti engine,some suggest me to upgrade to evo3 that has been lock for my gti use can feel the car will feel more lighter than using standart gearbox..is that true??:driver:thanksssssss...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience