ARSENAL FC, best club in england, the world and

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I see no reason why we shouldn't welcome the Arabs to invest in Arsenal. They'll bring in loads of money and we can then clear off some debts and buy some new players.

Lets not be too emotional about investors buying into clubs and turning it into a business. Be serious, football is a business now. Why the hell are we loyal fans paying RM259 for a jersey. Why are we paying like RM90 per month for satellite TV and in turn, for live telecast of matches. The club needs money for their day to day operation, to pay off salaries of your favourite number 10, to buy new players, to maintain the pitch and they need money just for any damn thing. So if you're telling me you're not welcoming investors, its equivalent to telling me your club wants to be relegated to the 3rd division and get back to playing basic football.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
true bro....but i didnt say i dont welcome investment......tho' wenger did say he prefer clubs is own by englishmen......hmmmm.....just putting my question on that statement by wenger.......

for me.....it will be a sad decision but one that we must make if a good offer being table......when the club become absolute capitalist business model....then what we will lost the heritage and philosophy of the club......on heritage side...i give an example which sound better "Ashburton Grove" or "The Grove" or "Emirates Stadium".........get what i meen? on philosophy.....just say that somebody bought arsenal......and we are in the state that we are now.....and the board chop wenger head off......just because they see their return for that particular year wasnt as good as last year......and then get somebody elze to take charge......if its winning then sure its okay.......how if the new regime change didnt deliver......what they will do? chop him also......the next thing we are the south side newcastle.......

but on the bright side.....imagine we get rids all of our 300m debts and wenger have 30m in his hand to invest on new player......hmmmmmm......yummy yummy doenst it......and we win lots of trophies then i will say "Emirates Stadium do sound nice actually".....HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAA

VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT!!!!

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I'd say The Gunners take over is gonna happen soon if not later. The Big 3 is already under the hands of foreign ownership and they're bound to be injected with more funds once the bosses start to spread their business tactics. And for Arsenal to compete with big 3, its either they get take over by a company or they end up fighting for the UEFA spots and sink further behind.

Benitez on the other hand has came out saying Liverpool will have world class signing by the start of next season. I think a take over by a super rich billionaire would help Arsenal move forward. Imagine the type of signings Wenger could bring in.

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
it's against his policy to go about and buy players at ridiculous prices. Remember, AW is the one who said that he won't pay a single cent extra if the player is valued at X price but asking for Y price. Plus i think we're doing good at the moment and the future does seems bright.

buy more players for what? our youngsters are starting to show their potential... the likes of Walcott, Denilson, Eboue, Diaby, traore, Berdtner, Aliadere... and more should be given the chance to prove their worth in the first 11.

furthermore, AW takes great pride in his ability to spot young talents and mold them into stars.

Looking into Arsenal academy youth squad and you'll see that our squad is one of the strongest there is in England.

Of all these, we can just sell off some of the youngsters to clear some debts and also continue to play great football... along with winning cups here and there!

I've quit imagining if AW will sign big name stars and believed in his youth development programme. Today, we have Csec... denilson... Eboue... djourou... senderos... traore... Adebayor... walcott... diaby... mind u, most are under-23 and the best is yet to come.

With some seniors like Henry, Gilberto, Gallas and even our own pak leman, development of these youngsters has been phenomenal. Which other teams can honestly say that?

What we do need is an outright right/left flanker and i believe AW will try and convert Eboue into one. Then he can rotate with Hleb and walcott will be played striker right side, couple with Adebayor.

future seems like this :-

--- Goalie (please god, not almunia.. maybe Akinfeev)--

hoyte - Toure - senderos/djourou - clichy
Eboue/Hleb - Csec - Diaby - Rosicky/Clichy/Traore
- walcott - Ade -

nice what? :D hehehe

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Maybe with a sugar daddy, Arsenal can then have one (or two) overpriced English players in the team. :biggrin:

Some of you are just dying to have Arsenal bought over by some rich bloke.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
The takeover is only fine if the buyer isn't american, I hate the word 'soccer' being used.

It's best to be taken over, coz without a strong financial background, our upcoming young players would soon be tempted by good pays elsewhere, and with loads of money being injected into the club, players would have much more faith in the club's chances of competing at the highest level.

That's another shot in our foot again. Damn xien lor, tired of those frustrating scorelines. And whenever people expect you to win 3-0 or 4-0, we came up with a disappointing result at half time.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
No more this kind of games please, it's really scary to leave it late. Adebayor is easily our man of the match, came on and made impact straight away with through balls for Flamini and Baptista to supply the crosses, that's very impressive.

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Rosicky is our saviour!! Nice and simple header to score our winning goal. I must say Arsenal have a habit of letting the opposition score first and its worrying if they keep allowing it to happen. With Hleb out injured, Walcott got his start and i thought he didn't impress much as he looked rather limited and didn't offer much to offensive apart from a few crosses. Fabregas too had an off game while Rosicky was the only one that looked rather lively. Henry was guilty of missing a few chances and its hard to find an outstanding player other than Rosicky. Screw Kirkland for trying to slow the game down. Its unsporting though i agree that Henry and Lehmann should not have reacted that way. Lehmann was a real idiot for that unnecessary yellow card. That is his fifth yellow card and he should have saved that yellow card for confrontation in other matches.

At the end of the day, Arsenal still prevailed and managed to close the gap to Liverpool. Well done, young Gunners!

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I think i've lost count of the number of games we had to come from behind to win it. Damn it, can we just get back to old times. 2 or 3 nil up on the opposition after 15 mins and we can play under less pressure.

Oh yes, i almost forgotten the contribution from Adebayor and one can only feel how important Adebayor is to Arsenal now. His distribution is so good and he holds the ball well up in the attack. However, i won't go as far as saying he's the man of the match as Rosicky too had a good game and deserved his first premiership goal. Hope there's more to come from him.

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
this season mate......8 games if im not mistaken that we came back from behind.....and most of them we scored the last 20 minute........

next game i just gonna start watching the game on the 70th minute........thats where all the actions gonna happen....

i make it sound like arsenal is a hindustan filem hero....hahahahahahaaa

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
hahaha.. hero hindustan.. good one.

takeover is good if we're in trouble financially and also is our future looks bleak. that's not the case with us, rite? so... why want to be taken over?

M.U takeover was driven from the popularity of the club....
Liverpool coz they've been the talk of takeover ever since former thai PM.
Chelsea was struggling and Roman came to the rescue.
West Ham also struggle and still struggling
Portsmouth was struggling before and the takeover did them good...

what's our reason eh?

btw, nice game last nite. after the 1st goal, i just believe that arsenal will win this 2-1 or even 3-1 (almost had Ade goal counted!).

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
zep... i thought a draw would suffice but the team just kept pounding and pounding... and got the 2nd. Wigan missed out some clear cut chances, but so does Henry, baptista, Rosicky and Adebayor. had all converted, it'll be 6-2. :D hehe

anyway, here's something i found online.. source from lowyat.net.. dunno where he linked from though. :)

Arsenal can expect a call from the Guinness Book of Records very shortly thanks to their ever-expanding global support.

The club's current official membership figure now stands at approximately 175,000 - ahead of such heavyweights as Barcelona, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Glasgow Celtic and Bayern Munich - and enough to fill The Emirates nearly three times over.

All are fully-paid up in one of a number of members' schemes set up by the club prior to the move to the new stadium last July.

And the figure comfortably beats the current highest membership which, according to the famous chronicler of records, belongs to Portuguese giants Benfica.

The famous Lisbon-based club, it states, officially have 161,000 paying members.

Arsenal's global standing has risen sharply in recent years and shows no sign of receding with millions of supporters around the world.

According to the club's official encyclopedia, the most recent estimate in 2005, by Granada Media, which owns 9.9 per cent of the club, put the worldwide figure at 27 million fans - making Arsenal the unofficial third best supported club in the world.

And attendances, since moving to the new 60,000-seat stadium in Ashburton Grove, Holloway, have jumped by around 57 per cent.

The Gunners are now on course for the highest aggregate attendance in a season.

Encouragingly, 29,000 of those 175,000 - a decent average gate for most Premiership clubs - are members of the Junior Gunners scheme, the most successful of its kind in British football and a "market leader" since its inception back in 1983.

Little could the club have realised at the time just how much it would grow.

The junior membership arm of Arsenal now employs seven full-time staff alone.

However, this is not the first time the Gunners have enjoyed such wide support stretching to all four corners of the globe.

In the inter-war years Arsenal were recognised as the biggest and most famous club side in world football, thanks to the rock-solid foundations laid by Herbert Chapman.

A remarkable story which the fascist press in Italy cooked up - an eccentric snippet of propaganda, even by Benito Mussolini's standards - underlined the club's unrivalled fame at the time.

The self-styled Il Duce tried to use the supposed plight of one of Arsenal's major stars - Cliff "Boy" Bastin - to lift morale when reports surfaced that the winger had been captured during the Battle of Crete in 1941.

For several days the calcio-mad Italians reveled in the news, until word filtered through that he was, in actual fact, manning an air raid post back at Highbury.

The legendary Hungary and Real Madrid star Ferenc Puskas grew up in Budapest following the Gunners as a little boy and Cuban president Fidel Castro has been a supporter for much of his life, further showing the club's appeal across the continents.

The communist revolutionary even once juggled official engagements to watch the Gunners live in action in France, during a 1-0 win at Auxerre in 1995.

Nine successive Champions League campaigns, a foreign legion of players - 14 nationalities make up the current 45-strong squad - and the Premiership's extraordinary international success have propelled Arsenal's standing in hitherto untouched areas such as Africa and the Far-East - there is even a dedicated TV programme on the club in Japan.

Now Arsenal will hope the man responsible for so much of the club's progress, manager Arsene Wenger, will stay to continue his extraordinary work.

The Frenchman only has 18 months left of his contract remaining and the club are desperate for him to sign a three-year extension. "I am convinced he is going to stay," chairman Peter Hill-Wood was quoted as saying this week. "You look how much better this team will be in five years time and I honestly believe they will be world beaters."

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
make it 175,001 then.....as soon as my credit card is approved......hahahahahha

WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL....WE DO!........WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL........WE DO!.......WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL.......WE DO!.........OHHHHHHH OH WAYYYYY OH WAYYYYYY

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
A smidgen of offside for both Arsenal goals? I feel for Wigan though who gave a good account of themselves and are deserving of some points.

And what was Henry doing after the own goal?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone here try to convert their signal bulb to LED? but hyper blink occur? share how do you solve. there some solutions on youtube but yeah lets talk about it..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience