Apexi SITC queries...

Slingshot

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
shah alam
Guys, need some help here. Does Apexi S-ITC significantly increases an engine's performance? Does it make any difference on installing and not installing it?
Thanks in advance for those who replied...

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
it able to adjust the ignition timing according to the modification.. so the sitc alone cant do much..

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
If ur engine is standard, putting SITC is waste of money, ur stock computer is good enough for standard condition. Even if u put aftermarket airfilter, ur stock computer can adjust accordingly. If u go for more moderate mods eg hi camshaft + SAFC, SITC is quite useful to re-shape ur ignition timing. Bottomline is, it depends on what have u done to the engine.

Slingshot

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
shah alam
Ok. Say that i've done extensive Port & Polish, retarded exhaust cam, higher fuel pump rate and etc. Also, installed an SAFC and ITC. Does it effect significantly the engine's performance if it's tune optimumly? What are the expected power gain? And, please if there's are reliable tuner for both SAFC and ITC.

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
There may be some small gain but not much, just don't expect a whooping 20% increase from SAFC/ITC, 4-6% is my 0.2cent guess from ur mod list.

nd_summer

Known Member
Oct 7, 2005
I also have the same question to ask... will there any increasing performance if just only installing Apexi (Safc & Sitc) on the NA standard engine ???

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Fun in the sun, and tunnel runs!

Is there anyone out there who follows the Top Gear TV series? As I write this, in my mind, I can already see quite a number of hands shooting up. I’m a bit of a fan myself and have been following the series for the last couple of years. In fact, this is the only show that has not yet been deleted from my external...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience