Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others, please state...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
Hey guys, why were all the rallys were held at Semenanjung??? Here Sabah sure fun coz got mix terrain, mud, gravel, tarmac, trees, oh ya and buffalos' Gold... Any rally drivers dare to challange the road condition here or pick up any of the gold back to semenanjung?

shazmi3

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Damansara
hello

hye guys...
im 1 of the comp of MRC n im in kk now..for ur info..its hard to organise
rally in kk bcse:-

1.who wanna organize here??
2.who wanna support all the shipping from semenanjung??
3.ask ur menteri/polis or whoever dat rush the drag racing sampai kena cancel in kk??!

1/2=there`s alot of people in kl wanna organize the event in kk..BUT the competitors???
r they afford to go to kk??shipping??hotel??service crew?? if not r u in kk ready to
prepare a rally car??
3.=who is dat stoopid fella that say yang they make an illegal activities when the
drag race just about to start..(organise by silverstone)..in kk?? they have permit..wat else
they want under table money??urghh!!!!all the organiser from kl try to bring "motorsports" to kk but some of the kk`ian that too kampung..then if that small event dah tak bole buat..tink bout rally.....

thanks............

Last edited:

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Shazmi3,

i think is the best to get as much reponse as possible. There's no need to bring down cars from weat m'sia but most important is the pro driver to give some tips, advise, etc and start wif smaller group.

d drag race actually not sabahan fault, more like the authority fault whereby the police, JPJ controlled by d west M'sian. so its no kk'ian do not wants it but we are control by a bunch of freak money sucking ppl!!!

shazmi3

1,000 RPM
Mar 16, 2005
Damansara
hallo...

the ting is jpj is not involved in dat...bcse jpj oso involve in dat events
even they support the event...ask police n ur menteri n yea the driver here willing to
go there n give some tips or watever..but im VERY sure SOME of the people there not support..dunno why..not hard feeling k bro...

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
The problem in msia government is too much red tapes,miscommunication, sensitive, a lot of different agency involve. I myself has been working wif govern for more than 1 year now and believe me, i hate my job every single day. I had no choice as they offer me attracting package and help them to grow.

The only way to get this thing done is to form a registered club. wif the support from minister, it shudn't a problem to organise event . I can provide the support needed but anyone willing to organise it??do the dirty work?? follow up?? now this is where a club is much needed as more ppl can be gathered and work together.

heytangbah

Feb 28, 2005
the drag race was cancelled because our sabah government didn't gave the permission and this is a known fact among modders in k.k,even the proposal for a dragstrip in kimanis still "gantung",the only place for sabahan's to have a legal race is to go to miri....and now they say ringo and tawau motorsports club will organize a drag event there,will this event be cancel to?????

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Kimanis gantung actually due to AAM big headed and asking for management fee in which they will contribute 'NOTHING' to us. Thats why the place din materialise. So, its still back to square one where we still have to kow tow ppl who is try to make quick buck out of it. I dont agree this so called AAM controlling every motorsport in malaysia. Firstly, they do not know wat is East M'sia have to go thru, our struggle and yet they they think so blurdy big and simply control everything.

In my opinion, The east M'sia should have their own club/bodies to look after all this matter and they could solve the problem faster, cheaper, effective and most of all understand our needs!!!

nova

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
reintel said:
Kimanis gantung actually due to AAM big headed and asking for management fee in which they will contribute 'NOTHING' to us. Thats why the place din materialise. So, its still back to square one where we still have to kow tow ppl who is try to make quick buck out of it. I dont agree this so called AAM controlling every motorsport in malaysia. Firstly, they do not know wat is East M'sia have to go thru, our struggle and yet they they think so blurdy big and simply control everything.

In my opinion, The east M'sia should have their own club/bodies to look after all this matter and they could solve the problem faster, cheaper, effective and most of all understand our needs!!!
Not that I want to disagree with you, but is it similar to what is happending to those international races where you have to go thru' the right party(the man with the "stone" in his name :tongue: ) who holds the exclusive license for race event like Formula One and it is about how much($$$) to pay to use their licenses in order to hold an event? If this is so, it must have been a big surprise to whoever it is trying to set up the race course to have learnt about what is the "proper" way in the business of automotive sports for the first time? I wonder if Sandakan's drag race strip has to face the same "problem", or are they using their exisiting go-kart racing license(I was told it is sharing with a go-kart race course) to get approval thru'?

tk2005takeru

Known Member
Jun 15, 2005
KK
Of course Sabahans like to have a legal racing strip. But our goverment wont even approve or even try to encourage motor sports here... All they care is when the trees depleted... At least let us have a safe place to race... Or we will resort to Downhill... Here got many place...

reintel

500 RPM
Jul 27, 2004
Nova,
I could understand on those scenario. However, in this case, they did ask % too high and they should be able to ASSIST in handling the government matters promotion. Just like F1, they will help do promotion and dealing wif the country government. Then, there's no point of forming club/association but now doing work. might as well form charity fund raiser. even this association oso need to do promotion, fund raising etc.
sandakan i heard rumours say that they sharing using go kart license. so far haven't heard any confirm news. donno when they can complete constructing it.

tl2005takeru,
that i agree, actually they care more on how to increase money in their pocket, then the rest!! i oso dont understand this Malaysian politician. None of them have the heart to improve the country except money, money,money..... like lah the money can help them in after life!!! ahte this jokers, when lah they would die and our generation can rule wif new ideas!!....

gary

Known Member
May 9, 2005
subang
You guys are getting over complicated on the issue here. it all boils down to one thing, "money"!. It doesn't matter where it comes from, your own pocket, other peoples pocket, some company's pocket, or the governments pocket. As long as you have the money, you can do it.

If the government doesn't want to help, there is nothing wrong with that as well. To expect the government to pay for every single thing that "we" want isn't right. Sure, some people get lucky, and get the support from the govt. As Malaysians, we shouldn't expect a free lunch from the govt everytime we want something. Usually, its up to determined individuals or a group of them who can work out a great business plan, and convince either the banks, or companies to support their idea and loan or sponsor them the money.

Take a go-kart track for example. If you have managed to identify a piece of land, managed to lease it, or buy it, or if you're lucky, managed to inherit it, you could build up a business plan to get a bank to loan you money to start up.
You need to identify your target audience, how you're going to run your business, how big will you start out, whats your business all about, how much money you need and why, how much you expect to make back..etc .etc. If your case is strong enough, you could probably get a bank loan to start up and build your track..etc. Hopefully you'll make enough money to pay the bank back :)

As for running a motorsports event, if you dont have a track, you'll need to identify an area and get permission from the owner. if you do, you'll need to work out security, crowd control, safety..etc. You will also need to get public liability insurance. If you can get all these things done thru the proper channels, getting a police permit is usually not a problem. If AAM sanctioning is what you want, you will need to work thru an AAM motorsports club. Of course, all the above takes money, and you will need to source for sponsors, and convince the sponsors to give you money. There must be an equal return for a sponsor.

Remember, sponsorship money is not charity. Companies do sponsorship as a marketing activity. There must be a significant return on their investment. Most people do not fully appreciate and understand that, even some people who currently run motorsports events or participate in them.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone knows how to convert my car central locking to be control by switch ...... meaning switch that hits the lock up and down ......
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience