Anyone use SHADOW meter before? Any review/commend?

Ceffy_999

Known Member
Aug 3, 2008
Hi guys,

I am thinking of trying out on latest version of SHADOW PRO2 meters. Water Temp, Oil Temp & Oi Pressure.

Got to know that this SHADOW brand is the most trusted brand in Taiwan.

Just wondering before I try on it, anyone use before & can you give some comment or review on this SHADOW PRO2 meter?

Is it accurate on the reading & is it reliable?

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
i got use this.but i also forget oil temp or water temp. i think is water temp. i buy new but the meter macam rosak. dunno i wont blame shadow.maybe my luck not good =D i use 2 days only.now many also use shadow meter also.seem ok

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
a friend of mine was using it...apparently doesn't last too long

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
problem encountered was meter kong, although lemme clarify it was for the very first line of shadow gauges

may not be the same case for newer models

Last edited:

Ceffy_999

Known Member
Aug 3, 2008
problem encountered was meter kong, although lemme clarify it was for the very first line of shadow gauges

may not be the same case for newer models
Ic. which mean you are referring to the 1st model of Shadow meter not the latest version Shadow Pro 2 version. Right?

davidcnz

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
Malaysia
been using a shadow pro 1 boost meter for about 3 year n still counting ...quite reliable n with affordable price ! i get it from rev performance sunway..

MKMD428

500 RPM
Aug 21, 2005
johore
Hi guys,

I am thinking of trying out on latest version of SHADOW PRO2 meters. Water Temp, Oil Temp & Oi Pressure.

Got to know that this SHADOW brand is the most trusted brand in Taiwan.

Just wondering before I try on it, anyone use before & can you give some comment or review on this SHADOW PRO2 meter?

Is it accurate on the reading & is it reliable?
my previous car used the shadow 1st and 2nd version. both gauge is reliable and accurate because it uses stepping motor at 3240 steps. I believe the latest shadow gauge also applies.
mine is boost, oil temp, water temp and oil press.

now for the common problem part:
1. my shadow 2nd version water temp gauge had a kaput sensor (approx after 1 year), replaced with a new one, works well after the replacement.

2. 2nd version shadow...the buttons, (for illumination ctrl, warning setting etc...) seems to be easily peeled off. avoid direct contact under sun or leaving it under extreme interior hotness. solution: glue it back with heavy duty glue. works well.

other than that I've not encountered anything unusual or any malfcuntions ..been using it since 2010.
until I sold off my car in early 2013, and still until now..the new owner has been using it since without any problem and I guess the latest version of shadow has rectified the common problem.

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
i would like to say a lil opinion regarding works meter. just for your information:

a) Bought 2 gauges, oil pressure and exhaust temp,but currently only install oil pressure gauge.
b) Installation is easy,DIY only.
c) for the reading,for me its accurate but.....of course theres a but. its not accurate when u suddenly push the car.for an instance:

normal oil pressure at 3krpm is around 3.5bar,crusing along sing song. Then somebody cucuk your car, downshift to 3rd...push the car till 5th gear.now the reading at 3kprm is 4.5bar,thats a lot of difference, to get back to normal reading.put the car in neutral while moving.let it idle for a few seconds,get back into gear....wallaa.....3.5bar at 3krpm. so its not exactly accurate.

d)its freaking bright, and it doesnt has any light control,it turns the light on whenever you turn the car on.
e)its noisy.compared to my old greddy gauge.
f)its cheap stuff,could not compare it with greddy,hks,etc.

Thank you

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So here's the deal, Lamborghini, as is every other petrol head in the world with blood running through their veins, is sexcited like no other about the supercar maker's new flagship that will replace the Murcielago, the Aventador LP700-4. It's one of those vehicles that will end up defining the supercar era of this century, righ up there with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience