Any member drives Frontiers ??

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
haha, yeaa... any other cheaper 265/75R16 tires around?
i went scouting for tire pricing today at my regular bridgestone shop in kota kemuning. he quoted on the higher side of MYR5xx for dueller MT's and mid MYR4xx for dueller AT's...

any other tire type which has similar thread/groove and performance for mud trekking other than these which i had posted which are cheaper?

and here are some day time shots of my ride.... the hub caps are not found yet tho...

hee hee... =)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Gavan, wah~~you snap photo at petrol station. The attendant didn't stop you ah? Last time saw ppl taking pictures at petrol station kena stop by the attendant. nice truck man....makes me want to post my bone stock looking truck also...

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
silverstone not tough meh? thought they are one of the toughest tires around... hard compound samor...

anyways, yea, post it up la, mine aso stock what... =) the rims are borrowed wan... not even mine yet... hehe...

anywways, today i went to take a visit to the sepang's offroad park, not bad place for driving offroad, but its more like a track than an obstable course, so if you wanna try your 4WD in there you should, the roads kinda slippery so make sure you take care, but driving in 2WD there is no problem at all, i just did a few rounds around that park then i left with my whole car full of mud cause the tires now is sooo wide, mud splashes all over the car until body, side mirror, even the roof got mud, ehhehe... =þ

but its fun for a time trail run la that track, really fun... =)

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
just checked pricing of silverstone and dueller's in aman suria tire shop, silverstone is cheaper and apparently they are good also la... they sponsor those jungle adventure thing wan ma, like transpan for example... =)

now i guess is simex sponsoring those events already cause silverstone not sponsoring anymore... but they all under same company la, silverstone, simex, continental... =) so i guess most likely my next set of tires is either the dueller AT's or the silverstone's AT's... or maybe silverstone MT's if the price is reasonable, but apparently the MT's wont last long if you drive it on road.and also its very noisy.. but well, the choice would be made then when the time comes =)

price range was from mid MYR3xx per peice for silverstone to mid MYR4xx for bridgestones/yokohama.

now my car is back to stock rims and tires already, my dad made some noise bout me changing my rims other time so i had to swap it back ASAP, so i guess ill just need to wait for this set to bald out =) and im running bout 200kpa now which comes to about 29psi for my tires. feels just as comfy as the kumho's i was using previously on that set of rims which was running at 220kpa(32psi) but still not as comfy altho both tires are also road tires.

and with that kumho, we went to slim river again, this time was for a fishing trip, but in the afternoon we went in offroading into campsite keding, finally we manage to reach the campsite despite the rain which poured during our journey there. the roads was much better this time around altho it was rather slippery but still phoenix manage to survive the trip up there... (yea my car's name is phoenix). river crossing was fun, didnt get stuck at the first river but didn't cross the second one, instead i used the bridge but my fren got stuck 3 times during river crossing, guess mainly was due to the rapids of the river which was pretty strong due to rain the days before and maybe he was just following the wrong track.

the pics and vidoes are in my friends phone so i cant post anything up here now. hehe.. sorry....

so any of you guys wanna go offroading the next trip i go with my fren?

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
gavan...since u r so much into offroading, i suggest u to get MT tires as ur spare set. when u wanna go offroad, just put in the MT. when u r not, use back ur stock road tires. dont get sports rim for ur MT....get these steel rims:

they r tough n wont crack like sport rims. most offroad kakis would use these rims. in this way, u have the best of both world.

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
into offroading ar? ahhaa, no la, not so often la, butthen maybe once a month or whenever i have time. am planning to maybe camp overnight there at slim river, its the nearest place for extremely cool air and also an interesting drive up, can say kinda challenging but not extreme =)

steel rims huh? is it expensive? havent relaly checked the pricing for this kinda rims yet tho, and yea, i noticed this kinda rims on some of those 4x4's.

i've checked out advanti's rims from taiwan with offset 0, low MYR2k's. but the rims doesn't have a deep dish. maybe a small lip but nothing deep like yours.

after some talks with my dad, he is not so agreeable on me doing up the car yet cause its still new and also cause i've not started taking over the loan yet, so at the moment the car is stll considered his until i take it over from him. sigh...

so the next best bet is just invest in AT tires once my tires wear out. now i gotta send my car in for the 15k service this saturday, i hope i have enough time, the car clocked 15k already. gosh, its gonna burn another hole in my pocket... lol...

eh, really no one wanna go jungle meh?

hmm, must check out this stores see how much their pricing are for the rims.

this one
and also
this one

Last edited:

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
holy crap, are you serious? man... it cost more than the rims you are selling.... shoot... damn, i want your rims~!!!!!! offset until so nice samor~! aRRRGGHH~!!! =(

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
oh yea, your 2.5k rims izzit the 15" or 16" ones? btw, i heard its better to keep 16" rims nowadays already cause most 4x4's are coming out with 16" tires and the 15" are facing out soon. there are more 16" tires now in the market already compared to 15" and for sizes which are as wide as 265, 16" has more choices now, the 15" 265 sizes are very rare to find already...

=)

just for info sharing purposes =)

Last edited:

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
16"x8JJ ET0. perfect for ur ride. :evil:
for 15", they dont use 265...its 30/32/33/34/35 with 10.5/11.5/12.5 etc

in actual fact, offroader likes 15" coz more tire choices compare to 16". i dont think they will face out 15" tires coz its much cheaper to play than 16" for sure n the demand is still strong.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
WARNING!! Attention

ATTENTION!!

Guys, please change your belting when your Frontier reach 40,000KM. I can't tell you which belt to change but I suggest that all the auxiliary belts should be changed. Why? Here's my story..

Yesterday, when I was on my way back from Klang to Seremban my AC belt just snap! in the middle of the highway when I was doing 160km/h+. It didn't gave any warning to you before it snaps.

Why I didn't changed it, you might ask.
During the 35,000KM service. I asked the technician at Tan Chong to check all my belting and I also inform it twice to the SA. He said 'we will check it' Due to my over confidence in them. I let them do it, after the 35,000KM service I went home and double check the belting myself again and it was fine. Then on the 40,000KM I told the SA I want to change all my belts then he said 'Ok, not a problem'

After my service was done, the SA told me my belts is still in good condition no need to change but I heard some screeching sound from 1 of my belts then the SA said 'I will order the belts and have it changed on your next service' I have no choice but to wait for the belts as I don't want to void my warranty.

Then shit happen yesterday night. I was lucky that is the AC belt that snaps and it didn't cause the others to snap as well.

So my advice to all, change all your belts on the 40,000KM service. I know it will cost much but your life cost more than that. Don't let the SA bullshit you and say 'your belt is still good, no need to change' Even though the fan belt has 2 but we can't always sure that if 1 snap the other 1 can still hold on as all the drive load will be transfered to the last remaining belts and it won't hold long too.

My car is now in the workshop and have all the belts replaced just for sure and make sure it's original belts. Insist them to use original as this morning the SA told me they don't have stock for original but will find equivalent quality but I f*cked them and say 'I want to use original belt, you better go and find original belts for me. Nissan is such a big company and you don't have belts in stock!' :thefinger:

Actually, there's been a discussion in Autoworld Forum previously about the premature problems on Frontier's AUX belts. There's also a guy in AWF that had the same incident as me but he's more unlucky as his Alternator belt snap at just 40,000KM +- and cause his car to die off.

I posting this from my real 1st hand experience, all members and drivers still have their own choice to change or not to. I'm here just suggesting and hope nobody get hurts and I shall not be held responsibility in any terms.
Decision is still on your own hands.

Safe driving and always keep your trucks in check.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wanna share, last week when i walk at car care section at carrefour i saw this microfibre cloth. i bought it - a pack of 2 pcs cloth. size about 8"X9" i guess. at RM12 if i not mistaken.

this cloth is very good for ur car, esp if u wash car urself. normally after wash, i use hand-towel to wipe but the problem is the towel will leave a fabric dust on the car. i found out:

1. it very soft - it will not leave a swirl mark. i oso use it for express polish.
2. it absorb water well - good...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience