Any IS250 owners or club around?

Jun 14, 2010
Sg. Petani
I haven't had any problem with the steering. The brake yes, but it was the front one that got jammed, servicing cost me RM 250 at Tom's. I believe the 'recall' things is a result of smear campaign on Japs cars or Toyota/Lexus in particular by the US govt. IS is very popular in the US and Lexus used to be voted the most reliable car make for few years there, this really worries the US govt. BTW, have u checked the SG lexus forum on this? TQ.

waque

Known Member
Feb 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi hafsin and everybody.

i also driving is250 japan spec 2006. bought it for about 3 months already. clocking mileage around 5000km per month because this is my only car. based on my experience, i like it so much. the handling and stability felt very steady. very quiet inside the car.

only have problem after i change the battery recently. very minor problem but for me it is quite irritating. cant start normally, have to push the start button a few second longer than normal to start. after reset ecu, it will be ok for a few days only. other than that, everything is excellent for me :)

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Bro,
Your is a japan spec. the aircon facia is all in japanese rite. How do you get around that.?
More IS250 guys joining this forum.. next TT must invite them to share their experience. Never know one day may upgrade to IS250.....he he he

Last edited:

waque

Known Member
Feb 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Bro,
Your is a japan spec. the aircon facia is all in japanese rite. How do you get around that.?
More IS250 guys joining this forum.. next TT must invite them to share their experience. Never know one day may upgrade to IS250.....he he he
try n error then memorize it :)

Jun 14, 2010
Sg. Petani
hi hafsin and everybody.

i also driving is250 japan spec 2006. bought it for about 3 months already. clocking mileage around 5000km per month because this is my only car. based on my experience, i like it so much. the handling and stability felt very steady. very quiet inside the car.

only have problem after i change the battery recently. very minor problem but for me it is quite irritating. cant start normally, have to push the start button a few second longer than normal to start. after reset ecu, it will be ok for a few days only. other than that, everything is excellent for me :)
hi Waque,

good to hear u are enjoying your car, sorry about your starting problem, so I need to be careful when changing battery. Have u take it to reputable workshop, eg Vision auto or wing hin, and last resort I think lexus malaysia shud be able to help. cheers...

DJ_Tommy

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
i got mine about 3 months ago everything is good. now im wondering putting in 18" or 19" rims... wat do u guys think?

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2010
Sg. Petani
I have tried 17, 18 and 19, currently on 17. The 17 will give u the best performance (I'm on VR TE37) i.e the acceleration, the top speed and the fuel consumption but it looks smallish. The 19 looks very nice and give you the best road handling especially during cornering but it suffers a bit on the acceleration and fuel consumption so I think 18 is the best. If money is no object, I'll get forged 18" (front 8" width offset 30 and rear 9" offset 35) wrapped with Hankook S1 evo or conti csc 3 or cheaper option would be michelin ps3 or falken fk450 or even nexen n8000. Anyway, if u decide to go for 19", I have a set for sale, it is WORK Steez Nicross, front 8", rear 9", offset 38, rear tyre Hankook S1 evo (very new) and front conti csc2 (about 60-70% left). Give me a call (019-4163323) if you are interested. TQ.

waque

Known Member
Feb 4, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
if brand new from Lexus Malaysia. or recond shop. check what spec u want like seat, sunroof, lcd monitor, japan/uk and so on. a lot of spec combination they bring in here. for the recond car, price almost the same i guess, but very different in term of interior spec. so go to as many shop u can to look and view the car.

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
michael, u can if u want!..
btw, the spec is different in trim level only ? engine wise all IS250 is same, right?
love this tom's version.

any idea if this is a limited production like the 280T ? or just upgrade parts only..?

Mic Tie

From Facebook
Aug 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
^^,yup same engine and gear box but IS 250 more solid and sexy
and i in love Is F only,altezza can mod and more parts upgrading than Is 250,
Is 250 is luxury and VIp style....but parts hot and expensixe than altezza parts (*_*),

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As the echoes of Bernie Ecclestone's comments that Formula One is not for sale reverberates in the halls of motorsports, the Telegraph in the UK is reporting that Rupert Murdoch's News Corp may be looking into taking over the pinnacle of motorsports. According to the paper, Mexican telco billionaire Carlos Slim is also getting in on the action...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience