Any common problems with BPT engines?

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
hello everyone. i have plans to convert to b8t. i heard that b8 has alot of electrical problems. is that true? the air flow meter always kong. is that true?

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
it only have a lot of problem if u not do it right from begining. so far B8t is quite tahan lasak. just make sure u upgrade it properly then it wont give u major problem. for me i only complain about it FC since petrol price keep increase...hehehe

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
i dont think B8 got any major problem .....just got my car in middle april ....with my turbo giving problem my car have done 10000km with out any problem and still can beat VTEC and mitsubishi boys(still got power)..... the engine is really a good engine ....
touch wood my car never fails me ... B8 rocks

tonytony

Known Member
Apr 11, 2004
no issue here for me. recently becoz of old age my cooling system is down and now my car is spending the nite at the workshop. as far as the engine is concerned...highly reliable without any problems.
AFM ??? maybe more the TB, but that's coused very much by the dam K&N oil air filters.....my advice, don get K&N, instead opt for the Apexi ones without oil coating.

g'luck

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
hahaha...my one with the HKS powerflow...heard that it didnt filter anything it all. lately i change the foam to those 3 layers type. hope it will have better filteration.

kenken

500 RPM
Oct 7, 2005
Ipoh
thanks for all the replies. :)

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
guys,
not worty to post new thread for me, so i just ask here...am running 1.3bar now on by beloved b8.im affraid that my engine cant tahan one.just got a boost controller last 2 days.but i cant use it since im using a thai wastegate.so it cant control my boost.without the controller pun im running min 0.8bar.

is it safe for my beloved b8 to run at 1.3bar?...my fren always run high boost.now the car cannot boost higher.im affraid.since b8 is susah mau cari one.and i dont have that much money.

thanks guys.

cheers!

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
if u running with enough fuel..then should be no problem at all. the best way still go dyno tuning to make sure it. but for vj20, 1.3bar i think almost max already. if u increase also not much use already.

rajie

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2005
pantai hillpark
from what i read on australian website they said the standard turbo on the B8 180 which is the vj20 gives the best response and power at 0.8bar if u boost higher its useless because it is just pushing out hot air and there is no power gain.... this is only what i read la ....but im also currently running at 0.95 bar just before my boost cut .... but i know of people who pushed the turbo till 1.6 bar than only the turbo broke .....
just my 2 cents ...if anything is wrong sorry and please feel free to correct me
:)

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
i also notice good response about 0.8bar at the my vj20. normally i only boost 0.7bar for daily use but the power really lag n dont feel like turbo car at all. when i set my boost controller to 0.8bar then is totally diff. the response n very good n sometime it will over boost to 0.85bar. but i dare not to push so high because i scare my fuel is not enough. i only using KFZE fuel pump, some said the fuel pump totally useless but dont know la...but it still better than my old fuel pump that is from 1.6 lantis rite...hehehe

sitnalm

Known Member
May 6, 2006
is it possible to run BPT without boost controller if we dun do boosting ?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sifoos arnd need assistance,
What are the major difference/s if I do change my siemens ECu to a MMC ECU on my 4G15??
I have one MMC injector kit in hand-if the difference not going to be alot different then it would not be worthwhile changing?
PLease enlighten me as I am new to ECU and stuffs like these!
Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience