Not open for further replies.
Chassis and Wheels

Antiroll bar 1.6

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Actually, there's some wrong figures stated here

Wira 1.5 is 18mm for front(same as Putra after GTi came out)
Wira 1.6/1.8 is same as MIVEC or Evo I and Putra before GTi 23mm for front

Evo II and III is "downgraded" to 16mm front but directly mounted onto absorbers like GTi(GTi stock is 18mm in front, R3 is 19mm), reason for downgrade is to reduce understeer

For the rear
Wira 1.6/1.8/Putra(regardless of year) all came with 13mm non-direct acting(satay bush type)
Satria GTi is 13mm direct acting type(double ball joint no bush type)
Evo I/II/III(i think inclusive of the 1.8 GSR) is using 18mm, should be also double ball joint but not confirmed, cannot fit onto normal Wira/Satria/Putra chassis due to different mounting and kinks

All these figures are from manufacturer specs and not hearsay only and had been confirmed by measuring a few cars of the stated model(s)

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Actually, there's some wrong figures stated here

Wira 1.5 is 18mm for front(same as Putra after GTi came out)
Wira 1.6/1.8 is same as MIVEC or Evo I and Putra before GTi 23mm for front

Evo II and III is "downgraded" to 16mm front but directly mounted onto absorbers like GTi(GTi stock is 18mm in front, R3 is 19mm), reason for downgrade is to reduce understeer

For the rear
Wira 1.6/1.8/Putra(regardless of year) all came with 13mm non-direct acting(satay bush type)
Satria GTi is 13mm direct acting type(double ball joint no bush type)
Evo I/II/III(i think inclusive of the 1.8 GSR) is using 18mm, should be also double ball joint but not confirmed, cannot fit onto normal Wira/Satria/Putra chassis due to different mounting and kinks

All these figures are from manufacturer specs and not hearsay only and had been confirmed by measuring a few cars of the stated model(s)
Well, as a matter of fact, i have already installed the Evo3's into my satria without any chasis modification.

Some ppl are worried about EVO's anti roll bar + lower arm not being able to fit into satria because of their cross member which is designed for a 4 wheel GB. Like I was earlier....

However, I was given an opportunity to fit before I pay situation and it manage to be fitted into my Satria 1.6 nicely.

As for the rear, my friend is using MIVEC's it on his Wira aeroback and felt the improvement on the handling.

Well, back to the term "upgrading". Reducing the thickness of the antiroll bar, but at the same time improving on the linkage design and a more solid lower arm to provide better steering response. And overall, improving the handling of the car, I would call it an upgrade.

When U have a better antiroll system on the rear, it reduces the understeer...

Anyway, thanks for the concern and explaination. I'd wish to learn more if U have other opinion.

BUMP, anyone...? Good upgrade for satria/Wira 1.3/1.5. Will also take out my rear later when I have money.

sid7184

Known Member
Oct 10, 2005
hey bro,

interested in the item..
mind telling the condition of the item...
my wira is a little bit "senget"...
which i believe to have something to do with the lower arm..
u think this will help?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Condition cun bro. Taken out because of upgrading one kali with the engine...
Ur case, not too sure. Have to take a look first.

Lower arm possible, absorbers + spring pon possible... Tayar sebelah tak cukup angin pon possible. Satay bush koyak pon possible...

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Well, as a matter of fact, i have already installed the Evo3's into my satria without any chasis modification.

Some ppl are worried about EVO's anti roll bar + lower arm not being able to fit into satria because of their cross member which is designed for a 4 wheel GB. Like I was earlier....

However, I was given an opportunity to fit before I pay situation and it manage to be fitted into my Satria 1.6 nicely.

As for the rear, my friend is using MIVEC's it on his Wira aeroback and felt the improvement on the handling.

BUMP, anyone...? Good upgrade for satria/Wira 1.3/1.5. Will also take out my rear later when I have money.
I didn't mention anything about not being able to fit the Evo's front set to normal cars based on the Lancer/Mirage CA/CB chassis, it's the rear which I mentioned it might not fit. The front fits perfectly provided you have complete set of parts, which are the anti-roll bar itself, the anti-roll bar linkages, the 1-piece cast lower arms from Evo II/III(codenamed CE9A, which are optional actually but for a better effect of course), and front absorbers/dampers that have the anti-roll bar linkage mount.

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Mine is confirmed 20mm, not 18mm. Measured with vernier caliper on unpainted section.

Putra is 17mm after GTi, also measured with vernier caliper.
Maybe there are different batches I suppose, but the ones I measured were all of those from the Mitsubishi batch(carby mostly, 1 or 2 EFi models), most probably the Siemens VDO equipped cars have different diameter as the part number for the shock absorbers are in fact different, never really noticed the part number for the ARB.

As for the Putra, it's also double confirmed by llsaw(I suppose if you know the particular person, u'll probably already know how technical he always go) in his blog "the Super Putra files" that the front is 18mm and rear is 13mm, both utilising the "satay bush" type instead of the "double ball joint(GTi/Evo)" type. His Putra is in fact from the last batch(with the multi-mesh stock wheels type) after the GTi was introduced. He ended up going for a stock 23mm front bar bought off Proton Parts and a WhiteLine adjustable rear 18mm unit with double ball joints.

p/s: My apologies to the thread starter for creating this fuss about the sizing.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Kaka... no worries.... afterall, I people will buy the things that they wanted.
Just measured mine with a vernier calliper... suprise to say that it's about 23mm. But after all, it's also the lower arm that comes in a set that I want.

A solid cast iron lower arm will give better stability and steering response in cornering dur to the very limited deflection that will occur during a big/sharp corner. it's the design of the entire suspension system that I am talking about. Not just the antiroll bar...

And regarding the rear, I can confirm that the MIVEC/MIRAGE can be fitted into Satria/wira(at least aeroback) our car without altering the chasis. I already installed 4 set into wira aeroback/satria. just like the front set. As long as it comes in a set with the lower arm.

Btw, even the tension rod of the EVO's cann be used in our car..

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
wow.. looks like a discussion thread over here... heheh..

well.. i guess there are plenty of different sizes of ARB from different inputs which i find quite different from what i know.. here are the sizes that i have measured based on my experiences:

FRONT ARB:
wira 1.5 stock front - 20mm
satria GTi stock - 19mm hollow bar
putra auto - 17mm
MIVEC, EVO1, GSR - 23mm

REAR ARB:
wira 1.6/1.8/SE - 11-12mm
MIVEC - 15mm

i'm using 23mm for the front and 15mm for the rear.. both from MIVEC... cornering is like roller coaster with lowered ride... but now using rally style... cornering still nice!!

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
I just measured my stock 1.6 front ARM this morning. It's around 22mm... I can prove with picture... Now no time.

BUMP!!! for those who's interested, can bring a caliper before u buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you look at the back page of The Sun on 16 August, can you count how many people are involved in the creation of Persona? 306! I was thinking like only 1 person...... and his/her job is to design it longer.

Joke! need so many people to make a car longer! Take a hike Proton!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience